Author Topic: New Plugin: Deus Ex Machina  (Read 23350 times)

Offline ufd108

Re: New Plugin: Deus Ex Machina
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 05:28:09 pm »
It is meant to be an absolute time. Looking over the code again, I think there's a bug around times before midnight. I'll get a new release out soon with that fixed and the scene support.

Hi Beowulfe,

This is functionality that was sorely needed by Vera.  I could do this 20 years ago with my X-10 equipment, but until now there was no easy way to do this with Vera.  I am going away this weekend so I just installed the plug-in but I was just wondering if the time bug has been fixed?  If not, your answer implies that it will work correctly if I use a time after midnight, say 01:00.  Is this correct?  I want to set it up tomorrow so it's working when I take my son back to college this weekend.

Thank you.

Offline teonebello

• Macs, Home Automation, Bikers
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2012, 07:25:08 am »
It is meant to be an absolute time. Looking over the code again, I think there's a bug around times before midnight. I'll get a new release out soon with that fixed and the scene support.

Hi,

first thanks for the plug in.

Any news for the scene support?

Thank you
Matteo

Offline conchordian

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2012, 10:22:39 pm »
How can I 'enable' the Deus Ex Machina plugin from another scene?  I have a virtual switch called vacation, and when it's set to on, I'd like to use that as a trigger to to enable Deus, and vice-versa.

I tried:
luup.variable_set("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:DeusExMachina1", "Enabled", "1", 109)

where 109 is my vacation virtual switch.

Thanks!

Offline ufd108

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2012, 11:01:53 am »
I think the OP (Beowulfe) has dropped off the forum.  He hasn't updated the plug-in, posted to the forum, or responded to PMs in quite a while.

Offline Shorty

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2012, 05:24:07 pm »
Has anyone made progress with integrating scenes with this plugin? 

Specifically I am trying to use this plugin as a trigger for a vacation scene that controls thermostats.  So when vacation plugin is enabled, then vacation scene runs per the schedule until vacation plugin is disabled. 

I know that scenes have the option of writing luup as triggers for scenes but I don't know luup.  Any help would be appreciated.

Offline drag0n

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2012, 04:36:23 am »
Haven't tried it yet, but I think this should work to enable/disable the plugin from a script:

enable:
Code: [Select]
luup.variable_set("urn:futzle-com:serviceId:DeusExMachina1", "Enabled", 1, lul_device)
disable:
luup.variable_set("urn:futzle-com:serviceId:DeusExMachina1", "Enabled", 0, lul_device)
Vera Lite, Remotec Z-URC 550, MiniMote, TKB TZ66D, TKB TZ-71, ZXT-120, ACT ZRP200 , SmartSwitch, Quad Relay, Poly Lock & Poly Pad, SQ Blaster & SQ Blaster+, HMS100, Everspring SF812, Current Cost EnviR, RFXtrx, RollerTrol , Flamingo FA20RF

Offline Aaron

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2012, 02:27:33 am »
Anyone know how to get the source code for this? I'd like to modify the code to make it more user configurable.

thx

Offline drag0n

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2012, 03:15:30 am »
Vera Lite, Remotec Z-URC 550, MiniMote, TKB TZ66D, TKB TZ-71, ZXT-120, ACT ZRP200 , SmartSwitch, Quad Relay, Poly Lock & Poly Pad, SQ Blaster & SQ Blaster+, HMS100, Everspring SF812, Current Cost EnviR, RFXtrx, RollerTrol , Flamingo FA20RF

Offline teonebello

New Plugin: Deus Ex Machina
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2012, 05:09:28 am »
Anyone know how to get the source code for this? I'd like to modify the code to make it more user configurable.

thx
+1
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 10:07:12 am by oTi@ »

Offline resq93

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2012, 08:49:08 pm »
Haven't tried it yet, but I think this should work to enable/disable the plugin from a script:

enable:
luup.variable_set("urn:futzle-com:serviceId:DeusExMachina1", "Enabled", 1, lul_device)
disable:
luup.variable_set("urn:futzle-com:serviceId:DeusExMachina1", "Enabled", 0, lul_device)

doesn't seem to work....

Offline oTi@

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2012, 05:48:48 am »
Did you substitute the proper device number for lul_device?

E.g.:
luup.variable_set("urn:futzle-com:serviceId:DeusExMachina1", "Enabled", 1, 109)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 05:53:00 am by oTi@ »
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline chixxi

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2012, 12:25:51 pm »
Today the new "Vacation Ghost" Plugin I am working on was spooking for the first time, beta coming soon...
Developer of Plugins: Virtual Switch, Variable Container, Popcorn Hour Remote, Vacation Ghost. => PLUGINS HAVE BEEN UNPUBLISHED BY ME.

Offline teonebello

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2012, 12:28:56 pm »
Today the new "Vacation Ghost" Plugin I am working on was spooking for the first time, beta coming soon...

Really looking to test it!

Note: if possible to activate/deactivate by scene would be perfect!
Note/wish: if possible to call also scene with the same schema => so to call Sonos (radio simulation) or other preprogrammed event

THANK YOU
Matteo

Offline Aaron

« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2012, 12:41:14 pm »

ghoul-y freak'n yeah!

This is what I have been wanting and was even going to try to do myself, until I looked at the way Vera has things and found out my learning curve is too large to dive into it yet.

I hope you release it before Dec vacation!

Offline resq93

« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2012, 12:46:33 pm »
Did you substitute the proper device number for lul_device?

E.g.:
luup.variable_set("urn:futzle-com:serviceId:DeusExMachina1", "Enabled", 1, 109)

I did. The scene runs and it even turns green and says "Deus Ex Machina" in a green bar underneath the scene box but checking the plugin shows the button still on "disabled" and the "enabled" line in the advanced tab is still 0.

Have you tried it?