Author Topic: New Plugin: Deus Ex Machina  (Read 33696 times)

Online rigpapa

Re: New Plugin: Deus Ex Machina
« Reply #150 on: December 05, 2017, 05:32:08 pm »
OK. Make sure you do a complete flush of your browser cache, as well (Ctrl-F5 or whatever you normally do on whatever system).
Author of Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, Intesis WMP Gateway, SiteSensor, DelayLight, Auto Virtual Thermostat and VirtualSensor plugins. Vera Plus w/100+ Z-wave devices. Vera3 sandbox.

Offline Priest

« Reply #151 on: December 05, 2017, 05:35:24 pm »
OK. Make sure you do a complete flush of your browser cache, as well (Ctrl-F5 or whatever you normally do on whatever system).

Still have a problem. Notice that sunset has happened and it is waiting for sunset?

Disabling and re-enabling made it start cycling. Now...to wait and see how tomorrow goes....
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 05:38:01 pm by Priest »

Online rigpapa

« Reply #152 on: December 05, 2017, 06:28:06 pm »
When waiting for sunset, the cycle delay times are applied to randomize the start, so by default, it may start any time from 5 to 30 minutes after the computed sunset time.
Author of Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, Intesis WMP Gateway, SiteSensor, DelayLight, Auto Virtual Thermostat and VirtualSensor plugins. Vera Plus w/100+ Z-wave devices. Vera3 sandbox.

Offline maplebonsai

« Reply #153 on: December 17, 2017, 10:25:26 am »
I have a ridiculously stupid question . . .

I have searched for the plugin/app and installed it.  I see the device it has created, and I can toggle it to enable/disable it.  But where is the configuration tab that the documents reference?  I've looked and looked and I can't find it . . . probably because it's staring me in the face . . .

Thanks!

Offline Priest

« Reply #154 on: December 18, 2017, 08:40:57 am »
I have a ridiculously stupid question . . .

I have searched for the plugin/app and installed it.  I see the device it has created, and I can toggle it to enable/disable it.  But where is the configuration tab that the documents reference?  I've looked and looked and I can't find it . . . probably because it's staring me in the face . . .

Thanks!

Offline Thorden

« Reply #155 on: January 05, 2018, 01:53:19 am »
I recently noticed that the lights that are cycled by DEM don't get the dim level I configured. They mostly get 100% on, not dimmed. But sometimes it seems to work.
I tried to configure the dim level both with the GUI sliders and manually in the Devices field of Variables, same result.

Running version 2.6.

Any clues?

Thanks a lot in advance!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 01:55:23 am by Thorden »

Online rigpapa

« Reply #156 on: January 05, 2018, 05:53:54 pm »
Hmmm. That's probably the result of a fix I put in for certain Fibaro and Qubino dimmers. I'll back that out. Want to test it for me and see if that gets it?

Offline Thorden

« Reply #157 on: January 06, 2018, 03:44:28 pm »
Yes, please!
 :)

Offline sebby

« Reply #158 on: January 08, 2018, 06:08:07 pm »
After living with this plugin for a couple of months now, i think it's great!  I know i've thanked you before, but just wanted to reiterate that thanks!  I think it is almost perfect, but i would love to add a couple of things:

• One would be to be able to run a different scene depending on which house mode the plugin was in when it was turned off/completed.
  • And Two would be the abiltiy to kick off a scene before the cycle begins.  That way i can turn off the motion detection inside that gets tripped by the lights turned on.

Other than that, this plugins is the bomb.

UPDATE: i just noticed that i could trigger a scene on the change of mode from DEMII, disregard the above requests!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 06:26:25 pm by sebby »

Online rigpapa

« Reply #159 on: January 10, 2018, 06:11:12 pm »
@Thorden, here's a link to the latest dev version of the DEMII core on github:

https://github.com/toggledbits/DeusExMachina/blob/develop/L_DeusExMachinaII1.lua

Download the file by clicking the "Raw" button. If that just displays the file, hit the back button, then right-click on the "Raw" button and choose your browser's equivalent to "Save Link As..." to save the file locally (plain text).

Then, use the Vera uploader in the UI at Apps > Develop apps > Luup files to upload the file to your Vera.

You'll then need to reload Luup: go to Apps > Develop apps > Test Luup code (Lua) and enter luup.reload() and submit it.

My guess is that that will resolve your dimmer issue.

Offline Thorden

« Reply #160 on: January 11, 2018, 08:33:01 am »
@rigpapa, thanks a million, that seems to have done the trick.  :D
This plugin is a very useful one, big kudos to you for creating and maintaining it!

Online rigpapa

« Reply #161 on: January 11, 2018, 07:27:52 pm »
Excellent.

By the way, @sebby, I haven't forgotten you. I read your suggestions and both are on my short list.

Offline sebby

« Reply #162 on: January 11, 2018, 08:45:23 pm »
Excellent.

By the way, @sebby, I haven't forgotten you. I read your suggestions and both are on my short list.

Awesome Rigpapa, no real rush now that i found the workaround, but having them in there would be great.

Online rigpapa

« Reply #163 on: January 16, 2018, 06:38:25 pm »
I've sent version 2.7 up to Vera for approval (expected by Monday 2018-01-22). This version fixes a bug introduced in 2.6 that makes dimmable lights not turn on to the correct dimming level.

I've also started a new "official" thread for the plugin at the link below, since this thread goes back quite a ways into the original plugin for UI5--Deus Ex Machina and Deus Ex Machina II (for UI7) are really different products at this point.

New thread here: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,54246.0.html

Online rigpapa

« Reply #164 on: March 04, 2018, 10:45:57 am »
OK folks (and especially @sebby), I put v2.8beta1 up on Github a week ago, but I haven't heard from anyone who may have installed it. I published that note on the "official" thread, and forgot to make a note of here for good measure, so here it is.

Link to release file is on the "official" thread. Please request notices on that thread if you are a DeusExMachina user and want to stay up to date. Thread here: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,54246.0.html

Sebby, here's how I addressed your requests specifically:

1) There is now a 60-second delay between DEMII changing state to cycling and the cycling of the first light. You can run a scene before DEMII starts cycling by using a scene triggered to DEMII's cycling state, and use that 60-second window to do whatever is necessary (I believe you need to disarm motion sensors).

2) You can run a scene final scene based on the house mode when DEMII went inactive. I approached this "cleverly" (I kludged it) because I don't know that this is going to be a widely-used feature, and it surprisingly clutters up the UI a lot doing it the "obvious" ways. So here's how it works. If you final scene happens to be called DEMFinal, then if DEMII is stopping because the house mode changed from Away to Home, it will look for a scene called DEMIIFinalAway first, and run it if it exists; otherwise it will run DEMIIFinal. Same for other modes (Night, Vacation, Home).

And the other big item in this release:

3) You can now control DEMII's cycling entirely manually. If you set manual timing, DEMII can be controlled by scenes, PLEG or Lua using new actions Activate and Deactivate (no parameters).

Again, this is the OLD thread, so from here forward, please make new posts in the new "official" thread: http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,54246.0.html