Author Topic: New Plugin: Deus Ex Machina  (Read 25178 times)

Offline chixxi

Re: New Plugin: Deus Ex Machina
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2012, 01:21:31 pm »
This is what I have been wanting and was even going to try to do myself, until I looked at the way Vera has things and found out my learning curve is too large to dive into it yet.

It is indeed complicated as hell. And if I wouldn't have a roommate who is software developer (I often call him my speech-controlled-super-computer) I would never have been able to develop this!
Developer of Plugins: Virtual Switch, Variable Container, Popcorn Hour Remote, Vacation Ghost. => PLUGINS HAVE BEEN UNPUBLISHED BY ME.

Offline oTi@

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2012, 04:41:02 pm »
Have you tried it?
Yep, I had. Did you refresh the browser page? (The buttons on the Control tab change regardless; but the variable value on the Advanced tab won't.)
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline resq93

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2012, 02:38:40 pm »
Have you tried it?
Yep, I had. Did you refresh the browser page? (The buttons on the Control tab change regardless; but the variable value on the Advanced tab won't.)

yes I did, I'm not clear from your answer whether you got it working or not.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 02:49:53 pm by resq93 »

Offline oTi@

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2012, 03:22:56 pm »
Yes, I did indeed try it. With the observations as stated: the buttons on the Control tab change regardless [of refreshing the browser page first]; but the variable value on the Advanced tab won't change [until refreshing the browser page first].
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline resq93

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2012, 03:51:37 pm »
Yes, I did indeed try it. With the observations as stated: the buttons on the Control tab change regardless [of refreshing the browser page first]; but the variable value on the Advanced tab won't change [until refreshing the browser page first].

I will try again. I simply pasted luup.variable_set("urn:futzle-com:serviceId:DeusExMachina1", "Enabled", 1, 94) into a luup box on a test scene. Saved it and ran it. It doesn't seem to produce the same actions. I will try again with a new scene from scratch.

Offline resq93

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2012, 04:22:11 pm »
I deleted that previously used test scene and recreated a new one. Now it works as you describe.

Offline 480vac

• Sr. Newbie
Deus Ex Machina - End time problem
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2012, 08:40:28 am »
I installed and used the Deus Ex Machina app over Thankgsiving, and found that it does just as advertised. I like it.   The lights went on and off randomly, starting at dusk.  Thanks to the datamine datamine app, I was able to see when the lights were changed, and when the ended up off for good.  To my surprise, the lights in the house didn't all turn off until about 5am or so.  I read about a bug that caused the shutoff time to work incorrectly if it was before midnight, so I changed to midnight, and this helped, but the lights still didn't end up being off until about 3am.  Maybe this problem happened because the bug was not yet fixed, I'm not sure.  Or maybe I don't understand the (after sunset) reference correctly, though I tried very small numbers without success also.

So question is: Is this a bug that needs fixing still, or am I doing something wrong?

Offline JaapvanEkris

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2012, 12:11:06 pm »
Today the new "Vacation Ghost" Plugin I am working on was spooking for the first time, beta coming soon...
Any progress on this, because I am very interested in taking this puppy for a spin :)

Jaap

Offline chixxi

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2012, 01:40:48 am »
We are working on it and we are planning to release the plugin within 1-2 weeks.
Developer of Plugins: Virtual Switch, Variable Container, Popcorn Hour Remote, Vacation Ghost. => PLUGINS HAVE BEEN UNPUBLISHED BY ME.

Offline JaapvanEkris

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2012, 06:06:16 pm »
We are working on it and we are planning to release the plugin within 1-2 weeks.
Cool!

Thanks for your hard work :)

Jaap

Offline chixxi

« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2012, 03:09:26 am »
The new "Vacation Ghost" was sent for approval to apps.mios.com:
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,12952.0.html

Offline Steveschweer

« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2015, 12:13:21 pm »
I've just installed DeusExMachina... Looks like a nice app.  However,I'm having trouble getting the lamp configuration to "stick". I check the lamps, hit "back", hit "save changes" ... Now if I go to configure again, all lamps are un-checked again..... What gives?

Offline indianl

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2015, 07:53:07 pm »
Same here, selection of devices doesn' seem to get "saved".
I bet this is another fluke due to UI7 :-(

Offline nortish

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2015, 11:44:59 am »
I have the same problem in UI7, the configuration doesnt stick. Bloody shame too since I really needed this.

Offline fmzip

« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2015, 07:26:29 pm »
Same here....

Any update on this?