Author Topic: Should i upgrade VeraLite UI5 ?  (Read 349 times)

Offline tahoebuilder

Should i upgrade VeraLite UI5 ?
« on: December 07, 2018, 07:40:26 pm »
What i got is working but if it could be better i want it.  However I do not need a ton of headaches.
So i am trying to get a feel for what i would be getting into if i upgrade my Vera Lite UI5 1.5.622 to UI7.
I have a bunch of lite switches, appliance controllers, locks, 2 thermostats, receptacles
I am using free ImperiHome on my androids.
will i have to redo my imperi home and end up having to pay for it ?
Will i have to re-pair devices ?
thanks for any input.
cheers

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
Re: Should i upgrade VeraLite UI5 ?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 07:58:17 pm »
Save yourself more headaches and keep what you have as it is.
I subscribe to the theory if it ain't broke then why fix it!
If you want to update then get an Edge to play with, you could even try to bridge it with the Lite.
Good luck.
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 08:39:44 pm »
I would agree with Zedrally, unless you want Alexa to work with Vera. Even then, upgrading from 5 to 7 usually means starting from scratch so you may as well get a newer unit for that upgrade.
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101, Everspring motion sensor, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa

Offline tahoebuilder

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 11:19:03 am »
thanks for the feedback.  i will roll with what i got. 

Offline crepuscule

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 05:06:33 am »
I have recently upgraded from ui5 to ui7 , and it went without a glitch. Imperihome free still works, new zwave plus devices finally work. Didn't need to pair any existing devices, it all just worked. Using all kind of devices from different brands.
Reason for me was that new devices with zwave plus couldn't pair well with UI5