We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: (SOLVED) Evolve LDM-15  (Read 1780 times)

Offline jleonar

(SOLVED) Evolve LDM-15
« on: July 28, 2012, 09:58:45 pm »
I installed two of these tonight.  I feel like a total moron here.  Got them associated.  I send commands(on/off) or dimming to each individually and the command is successfully sent.  However, nothing happens.  They just stay on no matter how many times I successfully send the "off" command.

What am I missing? 

Also installed an LTM-5.  It is showing up as a scene controller in Vera.  I just want to use it as a dimmer for a kitchen light.  Installed it.  Associated it but even using the buttons on the switch don't dim or power on/off my light. 

What am I missing on this one?  After reading more, I think I might have purchased the wrong thing.  I just want a wall dimmer that supports beaming.

Hardware used:
Vera Lite

« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 07:10:55 pm by jleonar »

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
Re: Evolve LDM-15
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 05:01:07 am »
LDM-15: only the socket with the Z-Wave logo is Z-Wave controlled; the socket on the other side is just a pass-through. Is your light plugged into the correct socket? Does local control via the button work?

LTM-5: this is a transmitter only, there's no actual dimmer inside. Looks like that would be the LRM-AS. The LTM-5 can be used to create a virtual 3-way / control existing Z-Wave dimmers from another location, etc.
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline jleonar

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 10:47:50 am »
LDM-15: only the socket with the Z-Wave logo is Z-Wave controlled; the socket on the other side is just a pass-through. Is your light plugged into the correct socket? Does local control via the button work?

LTM-5: this is a transmitter only, there's no actual dimmer inside. Looks like that would be the LRM-AS. The LTM-5 can be used to create a virtual 3-way / control existing Z-Wave dimmers from another location, etc.

Yep, I feel really dumb........plugged into the wrong side.

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 09:03:28 am »
[...] ...plugged into the wrong side.
Thanks for the feedback. 8) It happens. It's not that obvious. Others here have gone before you.
Dezwaved at the moment...