We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: GE/Jasco Ramp Up Question  (Read 285 times)

Offline MCVHokie

GE/Jasco Ramp Up Question
« on: December 08, 2018, 03:01:24 pm »
I've tried to look this up, but haven't seen a definitive answer.  I have several GE dimmer modules and in wall switches in my system.  When using the switch or module controls, the ramp up settings work just fine.  When sending a z-wave command to turn the light on or change the dim level, there is no ramp - it just goes instantly to the setting.  If I turn the lights off with a z-wave command, the lights ramp down per the parameter settings I've specified.

Any idea if there's a way to get the ramp up to work as well?

Offline Ionut S

• The handler
  • Global Moderator
  • A Tribute to Dedicated Insanity
Re: GE/Jasco Ramp Up Question
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 09:06:51 am »
I think you have to set a bunch of parameters to get this working through z-wave commands as well, if I recall correctly, there should be a parameter related to this, parameter 6, 7 or 8 or something close to that.

However, we can know for sure and test it out, let us know what is the device model exactly and we can look this up and get back to you with something a bit more solid than this.

cheers!
Slow and steady till' you're ready.
- Customer Care -

Offline wilme2

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 11:35:12 am »
I think you have to set a bunch of parameters to get this working through z-wave commands as well, if I recall correctly, there should be a parameter related to this, parameter 6, 7 or 8 or something close to that.

However, we can know for sure and test it out, let us know what is the device model exactly and we can look this up and get back to you with something a bit more solid than this.

cheers!

Exactly.  I can tell based on his description it is one of the newer Z-Wave plus models, as the previous ones by default ramped on a z-wave dim command.  That said, this has been discussed a lot, so a search will probably find the information he wants, including a thread where Jasco explained why they changed the default behavior when they went to Z-Wave Plus 500 series chips...
Long Live UI5!  (OK finally made the switch to UI7 in January 2018, and am pretty happy....)

Offline wilme2

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 09:41:34 pm »
Any idea if there's a way to get the ramp up to work as well?

If you didn't see it, I revived an older topic with a lot of good info:  http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,50391.0.html

Set option 6 to 1, then you ramp up.
Long Live UI5!  (OK finally made the switch to UI7 in January 2018, and am pretty happy....)