Author Topic: Thermostat comparing indoor and outdoor temperature  (Read 257 times)

Offline serge9898

Thermostat comparing indoor and outdoor temperature
« on: December 10, 2018, 09:16:02 pm »
I am looking for a thermostat to control a roof fan (whole house fan) when the outside temperature is warmer..

I live in California where the external temperature rise quickly in the morning above 20C (68F).
I want to heat the house by pulling warmer outside air when it's warmed outside.

I am looking for a thermostat that would turn on the fan when outside temp is higher than inside temp; and inside temp lower than say ~26C (~80F).

I would also use the Fan in the summer evenings, when the outside temperature cools down to cool the house.

The goal is to save energy to reduce my foot print. I could indeed use the furnace...

Ideally a roof fan with a embedded thermostat.

Can some help? Anyone heard of that.

Offline jbfoster

Re: Thermostat comparing indoor and outdoor temperature
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 04:15:18 pm »
I?ve never heard if a thermostat like that. Couldn?t you get a temp sensor for out side and create some scenes to do what you need?

Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 04:49:10 pm »
I'm not sure if you are asking for a Vera (Z-Wave) solution or you just want a stand alone solution.
For a standalone look at the Venstar Thermostat range, the colour touch shpuld do what you want.
If it's Z-Wave then jbfoster is on the money.

edit: what was I thinking? for a Z-wave solution use a Remotec Thermostat.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 06:52:12 pm by zedrally »
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline serge9898

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 02:50:32 am »
Thank you! I will explore the Venstar Thermostat features!
(Sorry for the delayed answer)
Serge