We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: How to get exactly the same color on 3 RGB bulbs?  (Read 265 times)

Offline jonas1

• Sr. Newbie
How to get exactly the same color on 3 RGB bulbs?
« on: December 13, 2018, 02:04:33 pm »
I have three HANK hkzw-rgb01 RGB bulbs outside my house. I have a scene that turns them on/off after sunrise and sunset. My problem is that it is nearly impossible to get the exact same color/temperature on the three cus im unable to enter the color/temp in text.

Is there any way to get a number/text value on the colors i want and add that to the scene?

Offline Don Phillips

Re: How to get exactly the same color on 3 RGB bulbs?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2018, 08:12:28 pm »
I have the exact issue with 2 Hue lights in a bedroom. The Hue app is real easy to get them matched. Vera - real difficult.  I have tried setting color using PLEG but the bulbs are not taking the colors. But in a Vera scene, I can set them but it is nearly impossible to pick the exact same 2 colors. I tried running a Hue scene via Vera and PLEG but it does not reach the Hue hub. If someone solves your issue, I may be able to piggyback it for mine.
Vera 3, 1.7.1040, CT101, Everspring Motion, GE/Jasco Switch/Dimmer, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa, Zooz 4-1

Offline TechPigeon

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2018, 10:20:33 pm »
You might be able to use the RGB Plugin from the app store

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=32613.0

it supposedly supports a luup code control over RGB colours

luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:RGBController1", "SetColorTarget", {newColorTargetValue = "#FF0000"}, <idPlugin>)

Hopefully this should help you out

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 08:45:01 pm »
I have tried setting colors using PLEG using those parameters.  Perhaps in my case the issue is I am using a Hue hub.
Vera 3, 1.7.1040, CT101, Everspring Motion, GE/Jasco Switch/Dimmer, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa, Zooz 4-1