Author Topic: Notification question  (Read 2301 times)

Offline Joe999

• Sr. Newbie
Notification question
« on: August 08, 2012, 05:51:26 pm »
Before I open another ticket (this will be # 4 since I got Vera3 on Monday)... Am I missing something or has the notification email/txt changed to a point that they are almost useless.  I have two systems and when you receive a notification message it is very difficult at first glance to tell witch unit you have received notification from.  Below are two messages from Vera2 UI4 and Vera3 UI5. Under UI4 you got the unit SN in the subject and the room name, now with UI5 you do not get the room name and the unit SN is in the txt.  Why isn't the "Descriptive name" passed? This would make it easier for users that have multiple units to identify them.

Vera3 UI5
-----Original Message-----
From: Unit Notification [mailto:noreply9@notification.mios.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 5:16 PM
Subject: Notification

MiOS Trigger

Your trigger "Power restored to Freezer" occured.

The originating device ID:13 _Motion Sensor in room:

The ID is: 230672764
Code: Tripped Value:0
Serial #XXXXXXXX

Vera2 UI4
-----Original Message-----
From: MiOS Notification [mailto:noreply1@notification.mios.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2012 8:21 PM
Subject: MiOS XXXXX Notification for Joe999

Event:Bedroom Light on 1 Device:_Dimmable Light Room:Second Floor  Date:2012-07-19 20:21:12 SN:18285

Regards,
MiOS Team
RE: ID #1508173
Note: You have received this notification because you have opted for it from your MiOS box web UI. If you would like to disable this notification please uncheck your user from the Scene Event

Offline Massalia

Re: Notification question
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 02:31:48 pm »
Hi Joe

I've just created a plugin that can send SMTP notification using your own or public SMTP server (Here).
I'll add the serial number off the sending unit in the subject as an option in my next release.

Hope it can help.