We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Mulitple PLEG instances  (Read 283 times)

Offline Greybeardvacationrental

Mulitple PLEG instances
« on: December 24, 2018, 11:48:41 am »
Curiosity question.  I currently have PLEG managing a couple of "if/then" situations at my house.  Each situation involves a set of devices.  For ease Set 1 is Pleg turning off my dimmer switches when the go below 4% dim (people think they have turned off the switch but they havent) and Set 2 turns off lights after 2 hours if my day/night virtual switch is on the day setting.  It works fine in the summer but in the winter I would like to temporarily stop Set 2 from firing.  The only way I can tell to temporarily stop PLEG is by turning the switch to "bypass" on my dashboard.  Is there a way to have 2 separate PLEG devices so that I can bypass Set 2 but leave Set 1 up and running?

Thanks and Happy Holidays.

Offline Don Phillips

Re: Mulitple PLEG instances
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 02:57:52 pm »
You can create a schedule and add it to your condition. If the schedule is true, the condition will be true.
Vera 3, 1.7.1040, CT101, Everspring Motion, GE/Jasco Switch/Dimmer, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa, Zooz 4-1

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2018, 06:51:10 pm »
You can create a schedule and add it to your condition. If the schedule is true, the condition will be true.

Unfortunately it can't be on a schedule as I need to be able to turn that functionality off randomly as needed.  Besides that would be a schedule for every device?

Offline Cor

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 03:09:11 am »
You can use a virtual switch as well.

Cor

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 12:43:21 pm »
You can use a virtual switch as well.

Cor

Yes... that's it.   Thanks. 

Offline Chelseagroup

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 01:34:28 pm »
I would like to create multiple PLG instances as recommended by RTS - is there any way to transfer selected things from an exising instance to a new one without re-coding everything?

Offline wilme2

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 02:03:26 pm »
I would like to create multiple PLG instances as recommended by RTS - is there any way to transfer selected things from an exising instance to a new one without re-coding everything?

In theory back-up and restore (restore into new instance), but I would recommend copy and paste instead...
Long Live UI5!  (OK finally made the switch to UI7 in January 2018, and am pretty happy....)

Offline Chelseagroup

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2019, 02:56:22 pm »
I assume you mean backup/restore to new instance and delete what is not needed in the new instance?
I dont see how copy/paste is possible!

Offline wilme2

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2019, 04:29:12 pm »
I assume you mean backup/restore to new instance and delete what is not needed in the new instance?
Yes. 

I dont see how copy/paste is possible!

Save the status report as a PDF.  You will want to do this anyhow - having the entire PLEG in readable form is very handy.
Long Live UI5!  (OK finally made the switch to UI7 in January 2018, and am pretty happy....)