We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Looking for "Sunny / Cloudy / Rain" triggers, any plug in suggestion?  (Read 430 times)

Offline dudinka69

Hi,
i want to make a scene for my water boiler heater, "if sunny boiler is off",
any suggestions?
thank you,
David

Offline Don Phillips

Re: Looking for "Sunny / Cloudy / Rain" triggers, any plug in suggestion?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2018, 03:25:37 pm »
I use the Weatherunderground plugin and PLEG to control the exterior lights depending on the sky conditions. With that API being phased out at the end of the year, some have used Darksky to glean the sky conditions. I think the Vera has the information since it reports sky and temperature based upon location.  I have been able to get the temperature but not the sky conditions.  So there are options you can find searching the forums. 
Vera 3, 1.7.1040, CT101, Everspring Motion, GE/Jasco Switch/Dimmer, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa, Zooz 4-1

Offline Jamr

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2018, 05:05:33 pm »
I use the Weatherunderground plugin and PLEG to control the exterior lights depending on the sky conditions. With that API being phased out at the end of the year, some have used Darksky to glean the sky conditions. I think the Vera has the information since it reports sky and temperature based upon location.  I have been able to get the temperature but not the sky conditions.  So there are options you can find searching the forums.

Is WU still charging new customers for a key?

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 05:20:27 am »
The message(s) I have gotten from WU is that all free keys will stop working today. I installed the DarkSky plugin. It is designed for openLuup, but it should work on a Vera as well. Search the forum for details.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline curtm

• Sr. Newbie
The message(s) I have gotten from WU is that all free keys will stop working today. I installed the DarkSky plugin. It is designed for openLuup, but it should work on a Vera as well. Search the forum for details.

Cheers Rene
Where can I try the DarkSky plugin? I don?t see it in Install Apps...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline korttoma

- Tomas

Offline tamorgen

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2019, 07:07:30 pm »
Does anyone have the sky conditions working in PLEG?  WU's reliability has been really questionable as of late, (WU shows it as "Clear" right now, DarkSky shows Heavy Rain"), so I decided to give DarkSky a try, but the only Triggers that show up in PLEG are DarkSky Temperature and DarkSky Humidity.  Looks like others are trying to figure this out as well.