We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Z-Wave.Me 4 Button Key Fob / Vera compatible ? RESOLVED  (Read 63653 times)

Offline RexBeckett

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
Re: Z-Wave.Me 4 Button Key Fob / Vera compatible ? RESOLVED
« Reply #135 on: November 08, 2014, 06:50:49 pm »
So how would you know if you had a 1.4 version ?

Look on the Advanced tab for the keyfob. There is a variable called VersionInfo. The last two fields show the version. E.g. Yours probably looks like x,x,x,1,2.

I have both 1.2 and 1.4 versions and they both work fine. As you say, buttons 2 & 3 are swapped on the V1.2 model and the LED is just red. I haven't had any issues with the battery clip on either of them.

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #136 on: November 08, 2014, 07:45:36 pm »
Its version 3,3,42,1,2. I did look in the advanced tab I must have not seen it initially.

Are the battery holders on your key fobs both the same design / construction?

I must have been unlucky with both the fobs I was sent.

Looking at Vera now the battery level is Orange in colour looks like its gone up. Most of my battery devices never seem to report that accurately and I don't recall them being Green after putting new batteries in them.

Cheers

Offline n0ir

« Reply #137 on: November 09, 2014, 11:31:57 am »
I found my Z-Wave.Me keyfobs after I stashed them in a box in frustration some time ago. Sat down and finally succeeded in adding them to my Vera and set up PLEG to be able to use both single and double presses on the devices.

I can now trigger different scenes or devices depending on key presses.

However, according to the manual (http://manuals.zwaveeurope.com/make.php?lang=en&type=&sku=ZME_KFOB) keyfob should also be able to control devices directly, without using the Vera.

My wife would like her keyfob to open our two Vision Z-Wave door locks. Anyone knows how to directly control devices?

Offline uros76

« Reply #138 on: November 13, 2014, 09:34:35 am »
I got my remote today and trying to get it into "Management Mode". Pressing 4 buttons for 5 seconds but don't see green light blinking as written in instructions. For fun I follow with button 3 press and Vera of course doesn't see it. I tried many times and cant get keyfob to pair with my vera.

Any idea what I could be doing wrong? Or simply bad luck and keyfob is broken :(

Offline Kullematz

« Reply #139 on: November 13, 2014, 09:53:55 am »
You may exclude the keyfob first and thereafter try to include.

Offline uros76

« Reply #140 on: November 13, 2014, 04:43:08 pm »
Exclusion process uses same "Management Mode" part which does not work on my keyfob. So I cant even exclude it, if it was included in the first place.

Offline n0ir

« Reply #141 on: November 14, 2014, 03:01:11 am »
I got my remote today and trying to get it into "Management Mode". Pressing 4 buttons for 5 seconds but don't see green light blinking as written in instructions. For fun I follow with button 3 press and Vera of course doesn't see it. I tried many times and cant get keyfob to pair with my vera.

Any idea what I could be doing wrong? Or simply bad luck and keyfob is broken :(

I had some luck dismantling the whole thing (just three very smalls crews) and pressing the buttons directly on the circuit board. The buttons when the keyfob is assembled are tricky to press correctly IMHO.

Offline jimgeorge

« Reply #142 on: January 12, 2015, 10:10:45 pm »

I ordered two, one arrived with a dead battery. Maybe this might be what's affecting yours?

Offline tony-park

« Reply #143 on: May 23, 2015, 04:46:47 am »
So, after all these issues, is this remote worth buying?  Does it work consistently, or is there a better option out there?

Thanks
Tony

Offline RexBeckett

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
« Reply #144 on: May 23, 2015, 09:14:44 am »
So, after all these issues, is this remote worth buying?  Does it work consistently, or is there a better option out there?

Thanks
Tony

Mine continue to work just fine on UI5. I also have several of the wall-mounted switch version (essentially the same electronics in a different physical form) which also work reliably.

Offline GR

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #145 on: September 13, 2015, 01:20:31 pm »
Anyone had any luck using this Key fob with UI7?

I am able to include it, looks good in Vera, but I cannot understand crap on how to configure the thing. As mentioned I got it included and it can switch between home/night/away/vacation modes by default, but I want it to control a Fibaro switch, thought it would be a good idea to do it via associations, but the process of doing so must be above my IQ. I have had Vera/Z-wave for a while, but I haven't used associations before.

I'm also not sure that I understand what the manual means about the different operating modes described.
Vera Lite UI7, 4x Fibaro FGD211, 4x Fibaro FGB-002, 5x Fibaro FGS211, 2x Vision ZM1601, 1x Remotec ZRC-100, 1x TKB TZ68, 3x Aeon Labs DSB05, 2x Remotec ZXT-120, 5x Vision ZD2102, 5x Fibaro FGSD-002, 1x Multireg floor thermostat, 1x Z-wave.me KFOB2, 1x NorthQ NQ-9021, 1x Vision ZG8101, iPad in wall.

Offline East

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #146 on: October 05, 2015, 12:13:39 pm »
I have the Z-wave plus version of this Key Fob and installed it to work with UI7. But the battery drain is so big that it ran out of battery within 1 week and I haven't been really using it.

I will put a new battery in today and I've looked at some settings. I'll set it to 0 polling and 0 wake up interval instead of the values of automatic configuration. Any other suggestions how to set this up?

Offline tobbe123

« Reply #147 on: December 13, 2015, 02:20:57 pm »
first of all, can some forum admin fix the stupid questions you have to answer before posting?
if not fixed  this will be my first and last post...

anyway after a lot of experimenting i have found a few things:
the difference between setting parameter 11-14 to 4 or 5 is:
4= send scene ids like 11 for button 1 single click, 12 for button 1 double click and so on
5= send scene ids like 1,2,3,4

most flexibility, and the way i would like to have it is option 4 above since this allows you to use same button for multiple actions (on/off for a lamp for example)
but if you sett it to 4 vera (edge in my case) gets stuck at "Setting special association" and i have to assume this is a bug.
also the scene settings should probably be adjusted in the webui (assuming the bug is solved and option 4 above can be used)