We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Z-Wave.Me 4 Button Key Fob / Vera compatible ? RESOLVED  (Read 63628 times)

Offline intveltr

• Beta Testers
Re: Z-Wave.Me 4 Button Key Fob / Vera compatible ?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2012, 05:20:59 pm »
I also have parameters 1&2 on zero.  I think I used button 3 to include the device into the Z-wave network, but that doesn't seem to be the issue; the device works prefectly well in all respects... except triggering scenes in Vera.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline LEPSWED

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2012, 09:10:38 am »
Hello,
I've added the Key Fob to my Vera. The problem is that it is not possible to activate the preconfigured scenes.

How to change between the five modes?
How do I activate the mode 3 (Scene Activation ..) in Key Fob?

I do not understand parameter settings and how I should do ???

Please, help..

Offline paetz

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2012, 12:45:27 pm »
 Hi Folks,

a couple of clarifications.

1) The very first KFOBS sent out had as error in the manual. Button  and 3 are mixed. Button 3 is the LEARN mode button
and must be used for inclusion and exclusion.

2) There is a problem with scene acivation with VERA, at least for FW version 1.5.401. Some explanation:
FOB is using the noral Scene activation commands and in order to enable them the config parameter need to be set and a target
for the command need to be defined. The last is what VERA refers to a "special associations" and this is what goes wrong
for the firmware mentioned above. This is confirmed as a bug in VERA by MIOS support.

Here is the work around, this is for button 1 as scene activation

1. Include the FOB
2. Set the config paramezer 11 to  value 4
3. activate the association group dialog for group 1 and assign ZWAVE device (thats VERA itself) into this group [THIS
IS THE WORKAROUND STEP]
4. Set your scene with the FOB as trigger and scene acivated as event as scene number 11 as number
5. Wake up the FOB
6. Hitting Key 1 sends scene activate scene no 11 and  trigger the scene if set correctly.

In FW 1.5.408 our buddies introduced another interesting bug. Not changing the setup above and using scene number 11 as trigger -
now button 3 need to be pushed to create the same result, means scene activation number 0x0C (in my option this would be 12d)
will trigger the scene.

Regards

Chr.

Offline intveltr

• Beta Testers
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2012, 01:45:49 pm »
Nice, manually setting the association with Vera did work, it can now trigger scenes!

And yes, they did something wonky between 1.5.401 and 1.5.408; that is why I stayed on the older firmware as it messes up scene numbers in the ZME wall controller as well.  Hopefully the fix for this (which was removed from 1.5.408 because it broke Minimote scenes) will be corrected and put into the next firmware.

Buttons 2 and 3 also swap scene numbers: 21 is button 3, and 31 is button 2.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline gilesjuk

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2012, 02:18:19 pm »
Should hopefully get mine tomorrow. Glad to see it works. I gave up waiting for the MyKey remote.

The downside is this isn't rechargeable. I wonder how long the battery with last.

Offline intveltr

• Beta Testers
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2012, 02:25:41 pm »
The downside is this isn't rechargeable. I wonder how long the battery with last.

I ran mine down quickly but I messed around with it a <i>lot</i>, besides the battery arrived at 60%.  I'll stick in a fresh one and see how long it'll last.  Should be a fair while with normal use.

Offline gilesjuk

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2012, 03:14:19 pm »
You can get rechargeable coin cells though.

Offline paetz

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2012, 05:13:33 am »
Hi battery life time heavily depends on usage and configuration. The device _CAN_ be turned into wakeup mode with regular wakeup. Reason here is that it makes sense to report battery life once a week or so. On the other hand every wakeup costs energy.
So max battery life is achieved when wakeup is disabled and led turned off (configuration parameter 24 = 0).
When no operated the devices take less than 2 mycro Ampere, so battery last to self de charging. heavy use will certainly decrease battery, so its very hard to give precise number. The device goes back into sleep 2 seconds after last action. This means that every button press takes you min 40 mAs (plus LED9. Hitting a button 1000 times takes then about 12 mAh. Configuration and management mode takes much more but this should be done once and then hopefully never again.

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2012, 07:45:09 am »
Do I use button 1 or 3 to add the fey fob as a device in VeraLite?

I am holding the four buttons on the fob to enter management mode, then hitting the + button on VeraLite and then pressing the button on the key fob but I don't get a new device in VeraLite showing and the lights on VeraLite don't flicker like they normally do when adding a new device.

Also there are 3 small screws on the back of the key fob and one is missing on mine is that normal ?

Thanks
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 07:50:41 am by cw-kid »

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2012, 04:41:32 pm »
Below is the response from the distributor:

With regard to the Fob do I use button 1 or 3 to add the fey fob as a device in VeraLite? I think it should be button 3 from reading the forums posts about it, but I tried button 1 as well.

No button 3 is th LEARN mode and this should be in the manual as well We accidently sent out a few douzen devices with wrong manual.

I am holding the four buttons on the fob to enter management mode, then hitting the + button on VeraLite and then pressing the button on the key fob but I don't get a new device in VeraLite showing and the lights on VeraLite don't flicker like they normally do when adding a new device.

If the device is not included every button press is 3 times red LED. Pushinh all four buttons results again in 3 times red and then silence for about 4 sec. After
5 sec the devices turns into management mode. Nod the LED is flashign slowly. Hittign button 3 includes the device, later one button 2 wake it up.

Still can't figure out how to add the device to Vera, I am quite possibly doing it incorrectly or maybe this key fob is faulty?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 04:45:39 pm by cw-kid »

Offline intveltr

• Beta Testers
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2012, 05:28:49 pm »
Try excluding it first: set Vera to exclude a device, then hold the 4 buttons on the keyfob and hit button #3.  After that, try including again.

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2012, 05:41:55 pm »
Try excluding it first: set Vera to exclude a device, then hold the 4 buttons on the keyfob and hit button #3.  After that, try including again.

intveltr that's twice today you have saved me with that suggestion! Its now added a new device called _Scene Controller that correct?

Cheers

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2012, 05:49:13 pm »
I've renamed the device to Key Fob and assigned it to a room. It looks like the attached screen shot.

It says waiting for wakeup to configure device now.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 05:54:11 pm by cw-kid »

Offline intveltr

• Beta Testers
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2012, 05:54:32 pm »
Looks good.  Try waking it up now (hold 4 buttons, then hit #3) and see if Vera configures it.  You may have to try a few times.  If you want to make it trigger scenes, try applying Paetz' workaround a few posts up in this thread.

Maybe 3 times is the charm? :)

Offline cw-kid

• Beta Testers
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2012, 05:59:16 pm »
Looks good.  Try waking it up now (hold 4 buttons, then hit #3) and see if Vera configures it.  You may have to try a few times.  If you want to make it trigger scenes, try applying Paetz' workaround a few posts up in this thread.

Maybe 3 times is the charm? :)

OK I pressed the 4 buttons again for 5 secs, then I pressed button 3. Now in Vera it no longer says waiting for wakeup to configure!

I am on VeraLite firmware V1.5.408 do I still need the work around ?

Cheers