We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: HomeWave 1.0 now available in the App store  (Read 10566 times)

Offline Harold

• Sr. Newbie
HomeWave 1.0 now available in the App store
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2012, 10:36:22 pm »
Foscam seems to be working great now since I came home from being on vacation. Works well from both local and cloud.

Will full DSC integration be worked in at some point?

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
Re: HomeWave 1.0 now available in the App store
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2012, 07:35:49 am »
See title :)
Played with it a little bit this weekend. Nice work! Definitely has its own place in the iOS Vera app realm.

Now comes the real test: hand this app to the wife and see where we land on the WAF scale. :)
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline intveltr

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2012, 08:47:15 am »
I'll definitely take a look at the DSC plugin at some point, but it may take a while. 

V1.1 is almost ready for release, fixing some minor bugs and adding a few extra functions.  V1.2 will focus on customization, adding custom colors, icons and backgrounds.  I'll work on support for plugins and devices in V1.3
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2012, 09:12:21 am »
Fyi, the dsc plugin follows the standardization of the alarm device. Implementing that will allow you to support the other alarm panels.

- Garrett

Offline luissalvador

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2012, 10:26:39 pm »
Hi Intveltr, Can you let me know about curtain implementation? No have support to curtain in your app... Can you add?

Offline electricessence

HomeWave 1.0 now available in the App store
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2012, 12:30:15 pm »
@intveltr:
Now that I found it, I like that the settings are where they are. I suggest either making it more clear they're there, or a button that takes you there.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2012, 01:48:16 pm »
I'll have support for blinds in v1.2 or 1.3... once I get around to installing a blind controller in my place.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2012, 01:28:57 pm »
I had a look at the DSC alarm panel and I'm trying to make sense of it.  From the XML (and from pointing the DSC plugin at a random computer on the LAN) it seems that the plugin creates a new device for every zone on the alarm panel.  Each zone acts as a more or less regular alarm item (door, smoke etc) that can be armed/disarmed, and is in normal or alarm state.  It seems each zone can have a whole bunch of other states besides arm/disarm, but those are not apparent in the subdevices created in Vera.

Anyone able to shed some light on this thing?  I don't have a unit to test against and I don't think any compatible alarm systems are even sold in Europe.

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2012, 01:49:51 pm »
With any of the Alarm integrations you get

a) a "type-specific" Alarm Panel object, which the UI's can safely ignore.
b) one, but sometimes more, standardized AlarmPartition2 objects with the ability to Arm/Disarm (etc) and establish Panic alerts
c) one SecuritySensor1 derived device (MotionSensor, DoorSensor, SmokeSensor) per Zone (Window, Door, Motion, Garage etc) in the Alarm System.

(b) and (c) are children of (a).

(b) is the guts of what people want from a CP, as it provides the ability to Arm the house, and to check the general status of the Alarm Partition.

The Zone devices aren't intended to have anything other than the standard Tripped and Armed states... just like a regular motion sensor.  Tripped goes off when motion is detected in an Alarm Zone, for example.  Bypass isn't implemented by all of the Alarm Plugins.

The Partition device has all the stuff that needs specialized integration into the CP's, similar to how AutHomation has.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2012, 02:00:07 pm »
b) Do the AlarmPartitions show up as separate objects?  If these are standardized, adding them should be easy.

c) Can anyone confirm that the Zone devices work as intended in HomeWave?

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2012, 02:09:54 pm »
c) Can anyone confirm that the Zone devices work as intended in HomeWave?
Really quick test of a single wireless door/window sensor on my DSC panel: yep, sensor/zone state is shown correctly (Tripped or Ok).
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2012, 02:13:47 pm »
Most houses will have one Partition on their Alarm system, so they'll have one Alarm Partition device in Vera. 

If the Alarm system has been "split", then they can have any number of Partitions and each will appear as a separate child [AlarmPartition2] device of the overall Alarm Panel

My house, for example, has 2 Alarm Partitions.  I have a Paradox Security system, that implements the standardized interface, as my primary Alarm Panel.  I probably need to update the pictures to show both partitions, and the new Zones I have (Garage, External Motion, etc)

At a high level, you can imagine the Partition object to represent "the keypad" in a house... at least for the simple case.

b) Do the AlarmPartitions show up as separate objects?  If these are standardized, adding them should be easy.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2012, 02:37:24 pm »
I tricked the plugin into creating a partition device.  Mine looks a little different, it has 4 buttons: arm, disarm, stay and force.

Offline guessed

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2012, 02:45:40 pm »
Yes, UI5 introduced further constraints in the Dashboard UI (who'da thought that possible?) that meant it needed to be further dumbed-down from what UI4 had (which had a popup of sorts for all of the Arming styles, as well as a field to enter the PIN code).

For the most part people need quick/one touch access to Stay, Arm, Disarm and Force (with an Optional PIN Code entry)....  There are a bunch of others also, and these could be made available via a Picker.

In addition to those, you'll see a set of "Panic" modes, these should be visualized as press-able entities, but made "fool-proof" so people don't trigger them accidentally (I believe AutHomation requires longer presses or something for these) since they typically bring out the [F]ire, [A]mbulance or [P]olice if you engage them on a monitored alarm unit.... and yes, it really does have that acronym  8)

Offline intveltr

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2012, 05:37:32 pm »
I think I have the info I need to add:
- A zone control showing the state of the zone, and having a popup with the various arm/disarm variations.
- Panic buttons.  These will be protected by the standard HomeWave options: either with a Yes/No popup, or a PIN popup (using HomeWave's PIN).  Perhaps I should disable the default mode that will fire the control when pressed.

Not sure when I get around to it, the aim is to add them in v1.3 but I might be able to squeeze some of it into v1.2.  Hopefully I can ask one of you lot to try this out in a beta release before I send it to the app store.