We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: HomeWave 1.0 now available in the App store  (Read 11068 times)

Offline intveltr

HomeWave 1.0 now available in the App store
« on: September 01, 2012, 01:20:11 pm »
See title :)
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline sdittoc

Re: HomeWave 1.0 now available in the App store
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 04:03:05 pm »
When I use the app to unlock my Schlage door lock it unlocks and after 5 seconds locks (which is normal for the schlage locks).  Just wanted to note that the app status shows the lock unlock within a couple of seconds.  It takes another couple of minutes to show that it is locked.  I did not know if this was an issue or not.

Offline sdittoc

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 04:04:41 pm »
The app looks great it is so nice to be able to customize the screens to fit your needs.   I have the Honeywell YTH8320ZW1007 thermostat.  I have noticed that when i change the temperature the unit stops following the schedule.  I can turn the unit on, off, and set to auto but, nothing I do puts it back on schedule.  Any help or suggestions would be great.  Is there a run schedule option or hold option that is app or vera related?

thanks,

Offline electricessence

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 05:20:54 pm »
Need to have a way to log in to a secured mios account. "Cloud" mode doesn't work for me right now.

Offline Harold

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 06:00:02 pm »
Does this only work when connected to Vera via local network? I'm trying to connect externally but I can't figure out where to enter my MiOS login.

Offline sdittoc

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 06:55:21 pm »
Does this only work when connected to Vera via local network? I'm trying to connect externally but I can't figure out where to enter my MiOS login.

If you go into the "settings menu" on the iphone scroll down until you find "HomeWave app"  selcect it and then update your "mios username and password"

Offline intveltr

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 04:26:22 am »
When I use the app to unlock my Schlage door lock it unlocks and after 5 seconds locks (which is normal for the schlage locks).  Just wanted to note that the app status shows the lock unlock within a couple of seconds.  It takes another couple of minutes to show that it is locked.  I did not know if this was an issue or not.

What does the Vera UI show when you unlock the door lock?  Does it show the door being re-locked right away? 

It might be a timing issue; HomeWave polls Vera for any changes every 10 seconds, and if the door opens and locks within the same interval, perhaps the wrong value gets reported.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 04:33:01 am »

If you go into the "settings menu" on the iphone scroll down until you find "HomeWave app"  selcect it and then update your "mios username and password"

electricessence, this might be the answer to your issue.  If you fill in your user/pass in the settings there, the cloud mode should work.

I'm not too happy with the way the setting are hidden :) . Apple provides a nice framework for app preferences, but they get hidden in that place where nobody thinks to look.  I'm considering moving the settings into the app itself.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 04:35:20 am »
The app looks great it is so nice to be able to customize the screens to fit your needs.   I have the Honeywell YTH8320ZW1007 thermostat.  I have noticed that when i change the temperature the unit stops following the schedule.  I can turn the unit on, off, and set to auto but, nothing I do puts it back on schedule.

Does the thermostat also stop following the schedule when you change the temperature in the Vera UI?

Offline sdittoc

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 11:15:28 am »

What does the Vera UI show when you unlock the door lock?  Does it show the door being re-locked right away? 

It might be a timing issue; HomeWave polls Vera for any changes every 10 seconds, and if the door opens and locks within the same interval, perhaps the wrong value gets reported.

Vera shows the correct status after 10 seconds.  I just noticed on the app if I unlock the door, close the app, wait 5 seconds, and open the app it shows locked.  This is not a big deal I just wanted to point it out.  Thanks love the app.

Offline sdittoc

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2012, 01:09:48 pm »
The app looks great it is so nice to be able to customize the screens to fit your needs.   I have the Honeywell YTH8320ZW1007 thermostat.  I have noticed that when i change the temperature the unit stops following the schedule.  I can turn the unit on, off, and set to auto but, nothing I do puts it back on schedule.

Does the thermostat also stop following the schedule when you change the temperature in the Vera UI?

Yes, it does stop following the schedule as well.  It enters a temporary hold state.  The next time it reaches a schedule time it does return to normal operation.  So the issue is related to vera...

Offline sdittoc

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2012, 01:11:20 pm »
Feature add??  Has there been any request to add access to schedules?  I have several schedules that I would like the ability to turn on and off remotely.  Thanks,

Offline Harold

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2012, 06:12:00 pm »
Having connection issues with Foscam. It was having problems initially then started working for a few minutes and now it's down again. I can view it through MiOS just fine.

Also would like to see support for Foscam preset views.

Lastly, is there a way to view DSC alarm status (ie armed/disarmed)? I have a virtual switch that tells me but HW doesn't show it's status correctly.

Offline parkerc

• Beta Testers
  • Sr. Hero Member
  • Life Moves Pretty Fast....
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2012, 04:34:42 pm »
Hi Intveltr

Are there plans for temperatures to show to one decimal point?
I have a RFXCOM sensor that shows 21.6 on the UI, but Home wave only shows it as 21?

Offline intveltr

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2012, 05:33:48 pm »
Thermostat schedules: It's on the list, but pretty far down :)  The app is intended as a remote control rather than a programming tool.

Foscam: I assume you are using the standard plugin w/ foscam implementation file under UI5? 
I have another customer who reports problems with the camera plugin under UI4; he just gets a black screen.  He also gets a black screen when he puts in the URL to ask Vera for the camera image in a browser (e.g. http://192.168.x.x:3480/data_request?id=request_image&cam=171, though the image does come up for him in MIOS or the Vera UI.
I have one Foscam camera and several generic IP cams that all work just fine, via MIOS or on Wifi, so not sure what the issue is.  One thing you could try is increasing the relevant timeout settings (for MIOS and LAN) in the app settings; perhaps that will help.  If so, I'll add a separate (longer) timeout for cam images.

Foscam presets: Planned!

DSC Alarm: Is it a regular, separate virtual switch, or does it come with the DSC alarm plugin?  If the latter, perhaps the switch uses arm/disarm rather than on/off to control the alarm, and HomeWave does not support that yet.

RFXCOM temp sensor: I didn't add decimal points as the standard Vera controls don;t show it either.  Will add to the list; hopefully it's an option I can add in the upcoming version.