Author Topic: Giving up on Concord 4(need help)  (Read 387 times)

Offline SRACP

• Sr. Newbie
Giving up on Concord 4(need help)
« on: December 30, 2018, 01:34:24 pm »
I have a Vera Secure. My Concord 4 Zones disappear weekly and when they come back they turn the related scenes to manual. They are also put back to No Room. Tech support has looked at it a little. Of course they want USB logs. Vera Secure only has one USB port. I?ve added a powered hub. USB stick works then Vera can?t find the Concord. The issue seems to be related to being installed on my old Vera 3 which had 2 ports.

How to recover 1. Reset to factory and hope it works?
2. Convert just the zones I need to dry contacts for Vera to monitor? How is the best way to do this?  I only need 4 to 5 zones. I could careless about the panel. I just want to use the wired reed switches in the house.

Any help would be appreciated

Offline SRACP

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Giving up on Concord 4(need help)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 05:00:59 pm »
I have a Vera Secure. My Concord 4 Zones disappear weekly and when they come back they turn the related scenes to manual. They are also put back to No Room. Tech support has looked at it a little. Of course they want USB logs. Vera Secure only has one USB port. I?ve added a powered hub. USB stick works then Vera can?t find the Concord. The issue seems to be related to being installed on my old Vera 3 which had 2 ports.

How to recover 1. Reset to factory and hope it works?
2. Convert just the zones I need to dry contacts for Vera to monitor? How is the best way to do this?  I only need 4 to 5 zones. I could careless about the panel. I just want to use the wired reed switches in the house.

Any help would be appreciated

Offline Inzax

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 08:46:19 am »
I have no idea how to help you but I did experience this same issue with my Concord 4.  Installing backups worked to bring everything to where it should.  In my situation, it appeared to be caused by Tech support when I would file tickets on other issues.  After a tech support session I noticed my concord 4 devices would be in the "no room" category which also screwed up any scenes the devices were part of.  I stopped asking for help from Vera.  Problem solved.

I also recall having issues with a bad Superbus on my initial configuration with vera.  Daily my devices would be in the "no room" category.  A new Superbus helped.

I have been watching these guys: https://konnected.io/

They do not say if they "work with vera."  They replace your panel, connecting to your existing wired alarm system and making those devices compatible with your home automation (Samsung Smartthings, Home Assistant, Hubitat and OpenHAB).   Since my concord/vera combo is working I did not explore further. 

Proud Member of the Epic Smite Thread.
VeraSecure; Concord 4 Panel; 6 IP Cameras; Imperiehome; Housemodes; system monitor; DeusexmachinaII; Vera Concierge

Offline Inzax

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 10:10:02 am »
Had a back and forth with Konnected via their FB web page.  They do not currently support vera however they did say, "If you were to write an API integration for Vera, then theoretically it could work. As far as I know nobody has done so."

This is outside my skill set.
VeraSecure; Concord 4 Panel; 6 IP Cameras; Imperiehome; Housemodes; system monitor; DeusexmachinaII; Vera Concierge

Offline rigpapa

• Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 11:13:54 am »
Had a back and forth with Konnected via their FB web page.  They do not currently support vera however they did say, "If you were to write an API integration for Vera, then theoretically it could work. As far as I know nobody has done so."

This is outside my skill set.

I'd be willing to take a look at it. Pretty basic product, though. In my house I have a mix of hardwired and wireless (proprietary/Ademco) sensors, and Konnected would thus not support the majority of my sensors. I'd also lose my insurance discount for no central monitoring. So I'd more likely go the Envisalink direction, but I can see how many would be successful with this.
Author of Reactor, DelayLight, SiteSensor, Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, Intesis WMP Gateway, Auto Virtual Thermostat and VirtualSensor plugins. Vera Plus w/100+ Z-wave devices. Vera3, Lite. Hassio, Slapdash.

Offline Inzax

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 11:52:35 am »
I am in the same boat.  Mostly wireless devices connected to my concord 4.  Since I have achieved stability with vera I am not in need. 

I do think Konnected is an interesting product and could revive many older systems. 

They seem very responsive to messages via their FB site if one were inclined to work on Vera integration.

Offline SRACP

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 06:26:17 pm »
It wasn't my Concord 4. Vera Secure just can't handle the load. Unplugged my Vera 3 and Vera Secure and moved to Homeseer. WOW is all I can say. Much more stable. Support did nothing but screw up settings. The language barrier is brutal with support! I've been around since my old Vera 1. Sad to go, but I expect things to work!

Adios Micasaverde!