We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Panasonic Plasma IR: "on" needs to transmit longer!  (Read 1716 times)

Offline marks

Panasonic Plasma IR: "on" needs to transmit longer!
« on: September 04, 2012, 06:55:30 am »
Hi,
My Panny plasma will not turn on, even though during the setup of the IR set, this worked. Now that I am done, a short IR burst is sent when I press "ON" on the remote. This is too short for the tv to react. Can I make this longer?
Thanks,
Mark

EDIT: This behavior was similar when using CharmedQuark and LinuxMCE/Dianemo. How to get around this quirk of my TV??
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 07:33:33 am by marks »

Offline Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
Panasonic Plasma IR: "on" needs to transmit longer!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 01:57:01 pm »
Hello marks,

Can you provide a bit more detail about your setup in relation to which ir sender you are using e.g. SQ blaster, GC100, Itach wifi2ir. This may assist in identifying how you can achieve this.

Offline marks

Re: Panasonic Plasma IR: "on" needs to transmit longer!
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 04:28:44 pm »
Sorry. It's a USB-UIRT which is correctly identified.
I added the IR device, then selected Panasonic, TV. It had 12 IR code sets, which I all went through. Multiple times, I could turn the TV off and on during that testing.
After accepting, the USB UIRT does not send long enough.
I have, BTW, a GC100 in another room but don't think that it matters. The Pronto code needs to be expanded to transmit longer....

Offline Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
Re: Panasonic Plasma IR: "on" needs to transmit longer!
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 04:51:24 pm »
What I was looking for was the device to see if I could find any cross reference to repeat code sending for your device e.g. for the GC100/Itach Wifi2Ir http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,7812.msg50094.html#msg50094

I am not fimiliar with the USB-UIRT but they should be a similiar process to do the same... Otherwise the other option maybe to modify the codeset to repeat code send.