We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Foscam FI8910W Camera Image No Longer Shows Up In Automator.app  (Read 4346 times)

Offline agoodman82

Foscam FI8910W Camera Image No Longer Shows Up In Automator.app
« on: September 04, 2012, 11:06:30 pm »
I didn't notice it until recently, but my Foscam camera no longer shows up in Automator.app. I initially purchased the app (which is the most current version) to remedy another issue I was having with my Yale deadbolt under iVera. After downloading the Automator.app, I saw the Foscam camera did show up along with all its options (pan, tilt, patrol..etc).

Just recently however, when I opened Automator.app, I now just see "Device (null)" with a blank area where the camera image should be. When I click on the camera, I'm taken to another screen where I can see the camera options (left, right, up, down..etc), but again, no image of what the camera is seeing. I'm not sure how this happened because I haven't changed any of the camera options. I can see the camera image just fine in the Vera dashboard, through the iVera iPhone app and through other camera iPhone apps I have. I just can't see the camera under Automator.app any longer, when initially I could. I'm disappointed now because I was hoping to use Automator.app to replace iVera as my go-to iPhone app since iVera is no longer really supported.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to make the camera image show up? I'm using the FoscamPTZ.xml plugin/file and D_DigitalSecurityCamera1.xml (instal of D_DigitalSecurityCamera2.xml since that file prevents me from viewing the camera through my iPhone apps like iVera and Automator.app). Thanks for the help!

Offline Trotsky40

Re: Foscam FI8910W Camera Image No Longer Shows Up In Automator.app
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 11:17:44 pm »
Have you updated to the most current version of the app 1.5.25? It works just fine with the Foscams and D_DigitalSecurityCamera2.xml. I have three of FI8910ws.

Just saw you have most current version. Not sure what the issue could be.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 11:23:00 pm by Trotsky40 »
Vera Plus- A wide variety of z-wave devices, a few zigbee devices, Sonos, and Phillips Hue bulbs via Hue Bridge.

Offline agoodman82

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 11:46:23 pm »
Hey Trosky40;

Thanks for the reply anyway. So you use D_DigitalSecurityCamera2.xml and it shows up fine under Automator.app? Should I try using the"2" file over"1"? I wasn't getting the camera to show under "2" at first, and it was in fact showing up under "1" in both iVera and Automator.app initially... now I can only can't get the image under Automator.

Offline automator.app

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 05:11:11 pm »
Recent versions of Automator.app can handle DigitalSecurityCamera:1 and :2.  If you have been changing the deviceId I'd recommend doing a clean install of Automator.app and see if you still have the issues.

For the Foscams I would recommend using the :2 as Vera prefers.  The other apps may not support it but they did change the device identifier for a reason.
Automator.app is dead.

Offline agoodman82

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 11:13:18 pm »
@ automator.app: Thanks! A simple reinstall did the trick. I re-opened the app and I saw the camera immediately. It works for me under DigitalSecurityCamera1 & 2, so for now I left it on two so that the camera shows up in my older iVera app which isn't updated to work with DigitalSecurityCamera2. Thanks for the help!

Offline jhobson

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 12:15:09 am »
Bump.  I had the same issue today and uninstall/reinstall did the trick.