We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Migrate openluup setup  (Read 277 times)

Offline RHCPNG

Migrate openluup setup
« on: January 01, 2019, 05:37:08 am »
Hi AK,

I saw that my post about the openluup migration to docker has been moved. But my question is actually not specific to docker.

I would like to know general steps to migrate openluup to a new installation. I couldn't find any information about it and this could be very helpful in general.

Can you help me with this?

Offline akbooer

• Master Member
  • "Less is more"
Re: Migrate openluup setup
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 06:25:30 am »
Oh, sorry.  Because you said

I'm running openluup in vbox now and want to migrate to docker, ...

...I kind of assumed it was.

Indeed, all the configuration is in user_data.json, but you'll need all the device files and anything that any plugins might use.

I regularly switch between configurations on the same machine, for development, but haven't tried switching machines.
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 06:16:22 am »
Hi,

I am in the process of doing this and I was thinking to build a new install of openLuup, copy all files from Vera as you would need to and then just copy the user_data.json and reboot. Shouldn't take more then 15 minutes I would think.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline RHCPNG

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 05:47:54 am »
Hi,

I am in the process of doing this and I was thinking to build a new install of openLuup, copy all files from Vera as you would need to and then just copy the user_data.json and reboot. Shouldn't take more then 15 minutes I would think.

Cheers Rene

That's great, Rene. Let us know how it went!