We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Plugin: Yeelight  (Read 468 times)

Offline rigpapa

• Beta Testers
Plugin: Yeelight
« on: January 05, 2019, 11:07:50 am »
Although Yeelight support was promised by Vera some months ago, I got impatient and had a project that needed to get done, so I rolled by own. At this point, I probably will not release it officially (through the marketplace and AltAppStore), pending whatever the outcome of Vera's efforts, but in the interim, if anyone else finds it useful, here it is.

Download releases from the Github repository, here: https://github.com/toggledbits/Yeelight-Vera/releases

Installation instructions are in the README file in the Github repo.

VERSION HISTORY
2019-01-05: Version 0.1, initial release. Set on/off, brightness, color temperature, RGB color, using Vera-standard Dimmable RGB Light service and device type. SSDP discovery of bulbs (requires that you first enable "LAN Control" on the bulb using the Yeelight mobile app).
Author of Reactor, DelayLight, SiteSensor, Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, Intesis WMP Gateway, Auto Virtual Thermostat and VirtualSensor plugins. Vera Plus w/100+ Z-wave devices. Vera3, Lite. Hassio, Slapdash.

Offline Jamr

Re: Plugin: Yeelight
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 11:54:38 am »
There are so many of these lights available, makes me want to wait to see if prices come down substantially.
I recently bought a Magic light for a few bucks cheaper than this one that already has an add on with Vera. What made you choose this one?

Offline rigpapa

• Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 12:17:11 pm »
There are so many of these lights available, makes me want to wait to see if prices come down substantially.
I recently bought a Magic light for a few bucks cheaper than this one that already has an add on with Vera. What made you choose this one?

Yeelight has some other interesting fixtures that I'm sourcing for a house. They all work on the same API. I've had one of their bulbs for a couple of years from an earlier eval. It turns out, the bulb is quite hardy, so I'm going to be using it in an outdoor fixture as both an illuminator and annunciator. They're now part of Xiaomi, and the change in their product line since I bought the bulb is notable.
Author of Reactor, DelayLight, SiteSensor, Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, Intesis WMP Gateway, Auto Virtual Thermostat and VirtualSensor plugins. Vera Plus w/100+ Z-wave devices. Vera3, Lite. Hassio, Slapdash.

Offline Jamr

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 12:25:19 pm »
Thanks for the info and the add on. Love the simple design of it.

Offline rigpapa

• Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 12:28:27 pm »
The UI is all Vera. I just rely on their standard RGB Dimmable Light type, service and UI. I figured that would have the best chance of working on the mobile apps.

Offline TheSaint

• I am me, and me is I!
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 12:19:58 pm »
Very nice! I believe we will be getting a handful of these at work coming soon. I will have to test this out! :)
This is my signature :)

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2019, 01:19:38 pm »
Nice work @rigpapa!
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline TheSaint

• I am me, and me is I!
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2019, 02:17:27 pm »
A fantastic start to things. Can't wait to see how we can add this into the mix of things around here.
This is my signature :)