We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Virtual Outdoor Sensor (VOTS) seems broken  (Read 1112 times)

Offline ranneman

Virtual Outdoor Sensor (VOTS) seems broken
« on: January 06, 2019, 01:54:51 am »
FYI,
While checking my datamine graphs I noticed the VOTS temperature not being updated since January 3rd. on reloading zwave engine it will diplay an error "VOTS failed to update values".

There is also no weather information in the dashboard.

I don't use this information in scenes so no problem to me. Anybody else noticing these issues or is it just me?
Vera lite UI7 Europe, Vera Plus, Zwave.me switches/dimmers, Zwave.me plus multi switch, Fibaro switches and multi sensors, Everspring sensors motion, temp., humidity. Honeywell Evohome, Greenwave, Sonos, Brel shades, RFXCOM, MiLights, Alexa.

Offline Talisker

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Virtual Outdoor Sensor (VOTS) seems broken
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 03:15:31 am »
Yes, I have noticed that while I can get Lup to reload without an error, the temperature has 'frozen' at 1 degree for the last few days.  Not sure how to fix it or if there is an alternative. I understand options are limited with Weather Underground no longer a choice if you don't already have an API key.

Offline Radu B

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 05:46:00 am »
Hello Ranneman.

Please know that I have created a support ticket for this issue.

Check your e-mail and let us know so we may check this and see what may be the cause.

Thank you. :)

Offline Talisker

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 09:14:59 am »
ranneman, Radu B

Please could you update the forum on how to resolve this issue.  Further to my previous post I can confirm I have exactly the same issue as ranneman.  Thanks.

Offline tomtcom

• Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 09:28:07 am »
Correct, it's not working for 2 days or so and when you login as well to home.getvera.com the temperature isn't displayed at the top right of the screen either. I was just about to post about this but figured someone might have reported it as well.

Offline ranneman

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2019, 01:12:07 pm »
Talisker, I have provided information to Radu on the error (log file and location information). As this seems to be a generic issue, easy to reproduce, I will not open my Vera unit for more analysis by Radu.
Vera lite UI7 Europe, Vera Plus, Zwave.me switches/dimmers, Zwave.me plus multi switch, Fibaro switches and multi sensors, Everspring sensors motion, temp., humidity. Honeywell Evohome, Greenwave, Sonos, Brel shades, RFXCOM, MiLights, Alexa.

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2019, 07:42:18 pm »
I also am not seeing the temperature, and I used it in a PLEG action to set my thermostat to heat. As long as it gets fixed in the next few weeks, I should not miss it too badly.
Vera 3, 1.7.1040, CT101, Everspring Motion, GE/Jasco Switch/Dimmer, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa, Zooz 4-1

Offline badams

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 04:11:19 pm »
Same here, stopped working on Jan 3rd. Following to find out what the fix is

Offline ranneman

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2019, 04:28:05 pm »
I have asked Radu to reply in this thread on the status and progress for a solution.

Offline whyfseeguy

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2019, 07:36:03 am »
This is the response I received this morning from Vera Tech Support:

"I would like to let you know that we have reported this matter to our developers which are working on restoring the functionality of this plugin.
Basically the issue is related to the fact that the Yahoo API for the weather as changed and because of this also the weather in the upper right corner of the units interface."

Offline rigpapa

• Beta Testers
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2019, 09:52:39 am »
If you want to control your weather (!), I've posted a couple of recipes in the SiteSensor wiki to grab weather data from some common APIs that still have free access (as of when I last used them)

https://github.com/toggledbits/SiteSensor/wiki/Weather-Recipes
Author of Reactor, DelayLight, SiteSensor, Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, Intesis WMP Gateway, Auto Virtual Thermostat and VirtualSensor plugins. Vera Plus w/100+ Z-wave devices. Vera3, Lite. Hassio, Slapdash.

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2019, 08:22:37 pm »
If you want to control your weather (!), I've posted a couple of recipes in the SiteSensor wiki to grab weather data from some common APIs that still have free access (as of when I last used them)

https://github.com/toggledbits/SiteSensor/wiki/Weather-Recipes

+1. So far it appears I still get data from Weatherunderground and I will be looking for options soon.
Vera 3, 1.7.1040, CT101, Everspring Motion, GE/Jasco Switch/Dimmer, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa, Zooz 4-1

Offline pcarneyhome

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2019, 08:26:27 pm »
Weather Underground has reported they will also be discontinuing their API at the end of this month.

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2019, 08:24:45 pm »
I was thinking it was the end of December.

Offline chuck1026

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2019, 06:00:32 am »
+1
I'm hoping for a fix because I have a Gen 1 Nest that I use the VOTS and Nest humidity to intelligently control a relay to call my HVAC humidifier.
UI7 / VeraPlus.... YAY, more stable than ever!