We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Flush and fresh start on veralite UI5 possible?  (Read 357 times)

Offline UKsub

Flush and fresh start on veralite UI5 possible?
« on: January 06, 2019, 06:19:41 pm »
I?ve had a veralite on ui5 for many years now, learning and programming from very little knowledge to a point where i can happily instruct it to do what i want. (Mostly thanks to these forums!)
However, over the years i?ve experienced crashes bugs and faults and deleted/modified code to work around issues. One issue i used to have, and occasionally still do, is that veralite will ?forget? devices on its network. Originally, i had to re-include that device on the network as a ?new device? and reprogram everything to work with its ?new? id. Still with less than a dozen devices, my last new device number had incremented to number 99, as have my scene numbers where i have deleted them and created new ones over the years.
Eventually I discovered the quick fix is to restore from the last good backup. An annoying inconvenience but a quick fix. Even now, some scenes/commands occasionally do not execute as they fail to communicate to their devices.

What im wondering is, after many years of ?abuse? would it be useful to wipe and start a fresh to ?wipe out? any skeletons hanging in the vera-closet? Maybe there is a flush out command? Im pretty sure all unused devices have been removed from the veralite, at least according to what is visible.
This would be a chance to move to ui7 but i dont feel ready for a new set of headaches just yet. Id just like to stabilise what i have, if i can in anyway.

Any advice anyone?
Thanks

Edit:
Ps for some weird reason my quote marks have appeared as question marks
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 06:22:59 pm by UKsub »

Offline Bogdan M.

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Newbie
Re: Flush and fresh start on veralite UI5 possible?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 06:10:03 am »
I?ve had a veralite on ui5 for many years now, learning and programming from very little knowledge to a point where i can happily instruct it to do what i want. (Mostly thanks to these forums!)
However, over the years i?ve experienced crashes bugs and faults and deleted/modified code to work around issues. One issue i used to have, and occasionally still do, is that veralite will ?forget? devices on its network. Originally, i had to re-include that device on the network as a ?new device? and reprogram everything to work with its ?new? id. Still with less than a dozen devices, my last new device number had incremented to number 99, as have my scene numbers where i have deleted them and created new ones over the years.
Eventually I discovered the quick fix is to restore from the last good backup. An annoying inconvenience but a quick fix. Even now, some scenes/commands occasionally do not execute as they fail to communicate to their devices.

What im wondering is, after many years of ?abuse? would it be useful to wipe and start a fresh to ?wipe out? any skeletons hanging in the vera-closet? Maybe there is a flush out command? Im pretty sure all unused devices have been removed from the veralite, at least according to what is visible.
This would be a chance to move to ui7 but i dont feel ready for a new set of headaches just yet. Id just like to stabilise what i have, if i can in anyway.

Any advice anyone?
Thanks

Edit:
Ps for some weird reason my quote marks have appeared as question marks

Hello,

I've sent you an email with some information regarding this.
Please check the email and reply to it in case you need further assistance.

Offline pierda

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 07:40:36 pm »
I have a similar situation so would appreciate to hear what the suggested solution to this is.

Please post it here if possible.

Thanks

Offline huib

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 01:28:49 pm »
Same here
A fresh start of the UI5 is much appreciated
It is running smooth for years

But a clean up is helpful

Be so kind to set your advice on the forum

Thanks
Huib
- veralite UI5 - veralite UI7 - 9 fibaro dimmers - 7 fibaro switches - 2 eminent movement sensors - remote control - opentherm gateway - remote powermeter reading - control of whr930 unit - control of washing machine -