We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Not a Refrigerator or Garage Door  (Read 339 times)

Offline otakup0pe

Not a Refrigerator or Garage Door
« on: January 10, 2019, 01:25:38 am »
Earlier this evening I was changing how my "Alexa, Turn Off Alexas" routine works on the creepy eavesdropping robots we have scattered throughout the house. This entailed switching from a non-reliable Echo smart home group to a (generally) more reliable Vera Virtual Switch. This VirtualSwitch maps to some scenes (turn on/off Alexas) which in turn map to the various Z-Wave remote outlets I have our creepy eavesdropping robots plugged into. The hope was that I could use the VirtualSwitch on various apps and incantations and the "Alexa Off" scene via the echos.

Except the Vera/Alexa portal insists that one (but only one) of the "Zooz Smart Plugs" which I have an Echo plugged into is a Garage Door or Refrigerator. So it won't let me associate the scene with the Echos. Oddly enough, it does't seem to consider the Aeotech switch itself as a prohibited device. For what it's worth, the miscategorized device is showing up as a "HKZW-SO0X" which, while not an Zooz plug, is also not a Refrigerator or Garage Door.

I've tried removing/re-adding and no joy. What's the next step? Support ticket and wait for a fix? A stiff drink and tears?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 01:29:26 am by otakup0pe »

Offline therealdb

• Automate all the things!
Re: Not a Refrigerator or Garage Door
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 04:56:32 am »
just change the device category and subcategory (under advanced). here's the list:
http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_Device_Categories
Vera Edge EU, Fibaro FGRM 222 (14), Fibaro FGS 223 (26), Fibaro FGS 222 (6), Fibaro UBS (2), Fibaro+N Plug (3), NeoCoolCam Door Sensor (3), PIR (2) & Plugs (2), Nest (3), Home Server running my own integrations, Harmony Hub, OpenSprinkler, Personal Weather Station, Sonoff TH & more

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 08:35:38 pm »
Earlier this evening I was changing how my "Alexa, Turn Off Alexas" routine works on the creepy eavesdropping robots we have scattered throughout the house. This entailed switching from a non-reliable Echo smart home group to a (generally) more reliable Vera Virtual Switch. This VirtualSwitch maps to some scenes (turn on/off Alexas) which in turn map to the various Z-Wave remote outlets I have our creepy eavesdropping robots plugged into. The hope was that I could use the VirtualSwitch on various apps and incantations and the "Alexa Off" scene via the echos.

Except the Vera/Alexa portal insists that one (but only one) of the "Zooz Smart Plugs" which I have an Echo plugged into is a Garage Door or Refrigerator. So it won't let me associate the scene with the Echos. Oddly enough, it does't seem to consider the Aeotech switch itself as a prohibited device. For what it's worth, the miscategorized device is showing up as a "HKZW-SO0X" which, while not an Zooz plug, is also not a Refrigerator or Garage Door.

I've tried removing/re-adding and no joy. What's the next step? Support ticket and wait for a fix? A stiff drink and tears?

HAL, turn off Alexa.

"Sorry, I cannot do that, Dave."
Vera 3, 1.7.1040, CT101, Everspring Motion, GE/Jasco Switch/Dimmer, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa, Zooz 4-1

Offline Catman

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 01:25:17 am »

HAL, turn off Alexa.

"Sorry, I cannot do that, Dave."

Alexa, open the pod bay doors

Still cracks me up :D

C

Offline otakup0pe

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 04:40:37 pm »
just change the device category and subcategory (under advanced). here's the list:
http://wiki.micasaverde.com/index.php/Luup_Device_Categories

Thanks for the reminder! Hopefully the powers that be fix this for others tho. Or maybe I'm the only one in this ecosystem who has stumbled across this behavior...