Author Topic: Virtual Switch Missing or NOT  (Read 173 times)

Offline Bimha

Virtual Switch Missing or NOT
« on: January 10, 2019, 04:08:09 pm »
Hi,

I am newbie on this Vera, and have tried to create an Virtual Switch in my Vera3, Firmware 1.7.1040

Did use this guide, http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=27095.0
and the switch was created perfect.
Just to clear out, I did follow above to the end and did reload the Lua engine

But after page reload, I am not able to see the switch, it is gone.  BUT if I access my vera3 by my Ios app in my iphone, then I can see the created virtual Switch  :-\
I have tried google, firefox and explore browser, but still the same issue.....

Anyone, who can help out, please??

Offline blacey

Re: Virtual Switch Missing or NOT
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 09:14:52 am »
I've always used Vera's recommended simple Virtual Switch without any problems.  The advantage is that the Vera Virtual Switches are compatible with dashboard modes, externally visible, etc. because they implement a the BinaryLight service precisely.  While the instructions are a bit dated, they still work perfectly on UI7.
Three Vera-3 (Home, Seasonal 1 & 2) - Firmware: 1.5.622,   Zwave: 3.20 L:1
One Vera-Edge (Dependent) - Firmware: 1.7.1707, Zwave: 4.5 L:1

Offline rigpapa

• Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 09:45:16 am »
Hi,

I am newbie on this Vera, and have tried to create an Virtual Switch in my Vera3, Firmware 1.7.1040

Did use this guide, http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=27095.0
and the switch was created perfect.
Just to clear out, I did follow above to the end and did reload the Lua engine

But after page reload, I am not able to see the switch, it is gone.  BUT if I access my vera3 by my Ios app in my iphone, then I can see the created virtual Switch  :-\
I have tried google, firefox and explore browser, but still the same issue.....

Anyone, who can help out, please??

After creating a device, you should hard-refresh your browser. That's CTRL-F5 on Chrome/Windows, SHIFT-F5 on Firefox/Windows, and apparently CMD+SHIFT+R on most Mac browsers (so I've been told, I don't Mac). This ensures that the browser's caching is not interfering with the fetch of data or the numerous scripts the UI requires.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 09:59:56 am by rigpapa »
Author of Reactor, DelayLight, SiteSensor, Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, Intesis WMP Gateway, Auto Virtual Thermostat and VirtualSensor plugins. Vera Plus w/100+ Z-wave devices. Vera3 sandbox.

Offline Don Phillips

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 08:36:22 pm »
I go so far as to close and reopen the browser.
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101, Everspring motion sensor, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa

Offline Catman

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 03:29:25 am »
Having worked with Web apps for over 10 years, I don't quite get why this rigmarole is needed either, but there we are :)

C