General > Lighting & Load Control

Virtual Switch Missing or NOT

(1/1)

Bimha:
Hi,

I am newbie on this Vera, and have tried to create an Virtual Switch in my Vera3, Firmware 1.7.1040

Did use this guide, http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=27095.0
and the switch was created perfect.
Just to clear out, I did follow above to the end and did reload the Lua engine

But after page reload, I am not able to see the switch, it is gone.  BUT if I access my vera3 by my Ios app in my iphone, then I can see the created virtual Switch  :-\
I have tried google, firefox and explore browser, but still the same issue.....

Anyone, who can help out, please??

blacey:
I've always used Vera's recommended simple Virtual Switch without any problems.  The advantage is that the Vera Virtual Switches are compatible with dashboard modes, externally visible, etc. because they implement a the BinaryLight service precisely.  While the instructions are a bit dated, they still work perfectly on UI7.

rigpapa:

--- Quote from: Bimha on January 10, 2019, 04:08:09 pm ---Hi,

I am newbie on this Vera, and have tried to create an Virtual Switch in my Vera3, Firmware 1.7.1040

Did use this guide, http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php?topic=27095.0
and the switch was created perfect.
Just to clear out, I did follow above to the end and did reload the Lua engine

But after page reload, I am not able to see the switch, it is gone.  BUT if I access my vera3 by my Ios app in my iphone, then I can see the created virtual Switch  :-\
I have tried google, firefox and explore browser, but still the same issue.....

Anyone, who can help out, please??

--- End quote ---

After creating a device, you should hard-refresh your browser. That's CTRL-F5 on Chrome/Windows, SHIFT-F5 on Firefox/Windows, and apparently CMD+SHIFT+R on most Mac browsers (so I've been told, I don't Mac). This ensures that the browser's caching is not interfering with the fetch of data or the numerous scripts the UI requires.

Don Phillips:
I go so far as to close and reopen the browser.

Catman:
Having worked with Web apps for over 10 years, I don't quite get why this rigmarole is needed either, but there we are :)

C

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version