Author Topic: Geofencing feature request  (Read 196 times)

Offline sebby

Geofencing feature request
« on: January 10, 2019, 05:17:10 pm »
currently i use the awesome iphone plugin and some LUA code for my geofence needs.  the current implementation of the geofence in the app only allows for Geofences to span about 3000 meters and only set home mode.   it would be most beneficial to have the ability to do a much larger geofence so we can also set other home modes.  For example, i currently have a geofence of about 100 meters for home mode.  if i am outside of that area, i set the mode to away.  i also have a geofence of about 120 miles.  since the wife and i often travel remote, at that threshold i set the house to away mode.  would be nice to have this functionality native in the app at some point in time in the future.

Offline Don Phillips

Re: Geofencing feature request
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 08:58:29 pm »
I use iPhone locator and it does know how far away a phone is. With PLEG or Reactor, you can probably trigger Vacation mode if both phones are more than x miles away. I had not thought of that but I may attempt it this winter as we also like to travel.
Vera 3, 1.7.1030, CT101, Everspring motion sensor, GE/Jasco switch, Leviton outlet, AeonLabs sensor, NuTone garage door, Blue Iris, Sricam SP011, iPhone locator, APCUPSD, VeraMate, VeraAlerts, PLEG, House Modes, Countdown Timer, DVR, Virtual/Multi Switch, Weatherunderground, LB60Z-1 bulb, Hue, Alexa

Offline Sorin

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 07:46:22 am »
Sebby, Vera app supports multiple geofences triggers for different locations. Wouldn't this solve your issue?
Sorin M. ▾ Community Manager
Vera Control, Ltd. ▾ Smarter Home Control  ▾ support@getvera.com ▾www.getvera.com ▾ +1 (866) 966-2272

HOURS OF OPERATION for Customer Care Department - 24/7

Offline sebby

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 08:55:21 am »
I use iPhone locator and it does know how far away a phone is. With PLEG or Reactor, you can probably trigger Vacation mode if both phones are more than x miles away. I had not thought of that but I may attempt it this winter as we also like to travel.

That's exactly what i do now, just making a suggestion to improve the built in functions.

Offline sebby

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 08:58:10 am »
Sebby, Vera app supports multiple geofences triggers for different locations. Wouldn't this solve your issue?

Not Exactly, the fences for multiple locations is very helpful, but having different radii for the home location allows me to better control the house modes.  a close radius for home/away and a much further radius for away/vacation mode.