We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: HomeWave 1.1 is out!  (Read 6373 times)

Offline intveltr

HomeWave 1.1 is out!
« on: September 16, 2012, 05:09:09 am »
HomeWave 1.1 has been released to the app store (it may be a short while before it shows up everywhere)

No, you still can't set the background color :)  (that will come in v1.2). This version has the following:
- A few small bug fixes
- Norwegian / Swedish localization
- Loading / Saving to Dropbox or the app's documents folder
- Fixed energy mode for thermostats *
- Option to display sensor values with 1 decimal (if Vera reports it in that resolution) *
- Arming / Disarming alarm sensors (optional) *
- Support for Camera presets *
- Camera images are loaded a little differently, the previous method didn't work in all cases.
- Battery indicator added *

* As usual with fixed / changed controls, you will have to re-link these controls to your Vera devices (using the link button) to make use of the bug fix or new feature.  This is not necessary for the battery indicator; just turn it on in the control's settings. Newly added controls for battery powered stuff will have it turned on by default.

The new way to retrieve camera images should work in all cases, but I feel the previous method worked better.  V1.2 will offer both methods, selectable in the app settings.

You can load/save individual control screens by editing the Home screen: select the button for the right screen and bring up its properties; the load/save buttons are there.

You can load/save the entire configuration (including app settings, MIOS credentials etc) from the Info screen. This does not save your PIN; that is for the recipient of the file to set.  When saving a full config, you get the option to lock it.  This means that the recipient will not be able to edit the configuration in any way.

Config files are encrypted, and can be saved to Dropbox or the app's folder.  The latter can be accessed from iTunes.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 09:09:03 am by intveltr »
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
HomeWave 1.1 is out!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 05:43:47 am »
Hello,

Just tested connection to Dropbox and received an connection error... I then retired manually by selecting Dropbox user and the message below was displayed.

"Invalid User

Only a limited set of users can recieve access tokens while this app is in development mode."

Offline intveltr

Re: HomeWave 1.1 is out!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 06:04:01 am »
Oh.. Will have to check with Dropbox about approval for the app.
HomeWave is available in the App Store!  Turn your iPhone/iPad into an easy-to-use remote control for Vera.

Offline teonebello

• Macs, Home Automation, Bikers
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 06:58:29 am »
HomeWave 1.1 has been released to the app store (it may be a short while before it shows up everywhere)

No, you still can't set the background color :)  (that will come in v1.2). This version has the following:
- A few small bug fixes
- Norwegian / Swedish localization
- Loading / Saving to Dropbox or the app's documents folder
- Fixed energy mode for thermostats *
- Option to display sensor values with 1 decimal (if Vera reports it in that resolution) *
- Arming / Disarming alarm sensors (optional) *
- Support for Camera presets
- Camera images are loaded a little differently, the previous method didn't work in all cases.
- Battery indicator added *

* As usual with fixed / changed controls, you will have to re-link these controls to your Vera devices (using the link button) to make use of the bug fix or new feature.  This is not necessary for the battery indicator; just turn it on in the control's settings. Newly added controls for battery powered stuff will have it turned on by default.

The new way to retrieve camera images should work in all cases, but I feel the previous method worked better.  V1.2 will offer both methods, selectable in the app settings.

You can load/save individual control screens by editing the Home screen: select the button for the right screen and bring up its properties; the load/save buttons are there.

You can load/save the entire configuration (including app settings, MIOS credentials etc) from the Info screen. This does not save your PIN; that is for the recipient of the file to set.  When saving a full config, you get the option to lock it.  This means that the recipient will not be able to edit the configuration in any way.

Config files are encrypted, and can be saved to Dropbox or the app's folder.  The latter can be accessed from iTunes.

Hi,

I really like your app, since I was a beta tester.

Now I have two main issues with HomeWave 1.1:
 - dropbox is not working (not a big issue as I can save the setting in the iPhone)
 - the biggest issue is that when I executed the scene "Alarm On" (or alarm off) to set as "armed" all the devices and a sonos voice command, the app goes in a loop and execute the scene continuously (I received hundreds of prown notification). This behavior doesn't happen with Vera or other app (Vera mobile, SQ remote, Automator).

Thank you for your support
Matteo

Offline intveltr

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 08:06:43 am »
Strange :)  I haven't noticed this behaviour before and I cannot reproduce it.  Is it only those two scenes that cause it, and does it happen every time?

The only reason I can see this happening, is that Vera gets too busy when it executes your scene, cannot handle network traffic in a timely manner, thus causing HomeWave to think that the connection has failed and causing it to retransmit the scene command.  I have seen HomeWave time out on Vera a few times before, when Vera was very busy with something.

When HomeWave goes into the loop, does the network icon turn red or change?

Please try and set the LAN and MIOS timeouts for HomeWave to their maximum value, then execute the scene again from HomeWave and see what happens.

Offline teonebello

• Macs, Home Automation, Bikers
HomeWave 1.1 is out!
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 08:49:13 am »
Strange :)  I haven't noticed this behaviour before and I cannot reproduce it.  Is it only those two scenes that cause it, and does it happen every time?

The only reason I can see this happening, is that Vera gets too busy when it executes your scene, cannot handle network traffic in a timely manner, thus causing HomeWave to think that the connection has failed and causing it to retransmit the scene command.  I have seen HomeWave time out on Vera a few times before, when Vera was very busy with something.

When HomeWave goes into the loop, does the network icon turn red or change?

Please try and set the LAN and MIOS timeouts for HomeWave to their maximum value, then execute the scene again from HomeWave and see what happens.

Increasing the LAN timeout, then I don't have more the problem!

Thank you for your prompt feedback!

Is it foreseen also an ipad version?

For that I propose you an overview tab, like the one in Vera with all devices group by type.

Second note, it would be wonderful if you can incorporate the remote a/v device as th app Vera mobile is doing. So you can use the Vera IR control.

Thank you
Matteo

Offline knewmania

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 09:01:17 am »
Couple of things I have noticed:

-The Camera preset options do not appear until I remove and re-add the cameras. I didn't see the '*' in your notes relating to camera presets and having to re-link the cameras so I didn't expect to have to do that. No big deal.

-The font size has changed on my Home screen. The font is larger than I would like but I can live with it.

I like the enhancements.
Vera 2. UI 1.5.622 / Vera 3. UI 1.7.760

Offline intveltr

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 09:52:57 am »
I put a * after the camera description.  Odd, I would have thought that the option to enable camera presets would be there without re-linking the control, even though the default is "off" fo existing cameras.  (For new cameras the default is "on")

The font size was changed, yes.  Before, the size was determined by the smallest dimension of the button. Now it is determined solely by the width.  This makes more sense in case you have controls that have the default width but are less tall.  The next version will probably allow you to adjust the font at will (or at least choose between these 2 options)

Offline davidd1205

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2012, 03:13:21 pm »
hello

dropbox don't save a cofig because the app homewave is in test and i don(t receive a token

it's normal ?

Offline intveltr

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 03:31:32 pm »
dropbox don't save a cofig because the app homewave is in test and i don(t receive a token
it's normal ?

Yes :)  Silly me asked Dropbox too late to allow HomeWave as a production app; I hoped it had already gone through when the approval from Apple came, hopefully it won't be much longer now.

I'll let you know when it goes through, after that the functionality will work.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 06:08:41 pm »
Increasing the LAN timeout, then I don't have more the problem!

Nice to hear. I'll issue a fix for this in v1.2

Is it foreseen also an ipad version?

For that I propose you an overview tab, like the one in Vera with all devices group by type.

An iPad version is planned.  I am still working on the layout of that version, and perhaps I will add a "device browser" like that. 

Second note, it would be wonderful if you can incorporate the remote a/v device as th app Vera mobile is doing. So you can use the Vera IR control.

Is that a generic plugin for Vera? If so, I can probably add support for it with a little effort.

Offline intveltr

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 02:44:43 am »
Dropbox should work now!

Offline electricessence

HomeWave 1.1 is out!
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012, 03:13:30 am »
I know this is a stretch, but any plans for outside iOS?

Offline intveltr

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2012, 04:32:40 am »
I know this is a stretch, but any plans for outside iOS?

I do intend to get into Android development, and this will make a good first project, but it'll be a while before I can even get started :( too busy on other jobs at the moment.

Offline Brientim

• Sr. Hero Member
HomeWave 1.1 is out!
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 04:34:58 am »
Dropbox confirmed working. Thank you once again.