We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Google returned an error  (Read 258 times)

Offline Catman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 338
  • Karma: +10/-0
Google returned an error
« on: January 16, 2019, 09:45:58 am »
Hi
Trying to use this plugin again, since I have little faith in the inbuilt Geofence.

Getting an odd one:

 01/16/19 14:37:40.494   XXX-UpdateSystemMessagesTasks now 2=IPhoneLocator: Google returned an error timeout 0

Which is odd to me as (it seems) Vera, and the plugin knows exactly where my phone is and will happily show it on the map tab using my API

The location variable also says 'Google returned an error'

I've got a debug log if it would help. Thought this might be a simple one?

Cheers

C

Offline amg0

  • Moderator
  • Master Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 3174
  • Karma: +209/-8
Re: Google returned an error
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 04:11:11 pm »
Hi
Trying to use this plugin again, since I have little faith in the inbuilt Geofence.

Getting an odd one:

 01/16/19 14:37:40.494   XXX-UpdateSystemMessagesTasks now 2=IPhoneLocator: Google returned an error timeout 0

Which is odd to me as (it seems) Vera, and the plugin knows exactly where my phone is and will happily show it on the map tab using my API

The location variable also says 'Google returned an error'

I've got a debug log if it would help. Thought this might be a simple one?

Cheers

C
Yes debug mode and debug log. Could be a transient quota issue

Offline Catman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 338
  • Karma: +10/-0
Re: Google returned an error
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 05:14:44 pm »
Hi
Trying to use this plugin again, since I have little faith in the inbuilt Geofence.

Getting an odd one:

 01/16/19 14:37:40.494   XXX-UpdateSystemMessagesTasks now 2=IPhoneLocator: Google returned an error timeout 0

Which is odd to me as (it seems) Vera, and the plugin knows exactly where my phone is and will happily show it on the map tab using my API

The location variable also says 'Google returned an error'

I've got a debug log if it would help. Thought this might be a simple one?

Cheers

C
Yes debug mode and debug log. Could be a transient quota issue

Thanks. Seems unlikely since I've only just started using it...

Odd think is it still knows where my phone is, mostly

Log on its way. Cheers

C

Offline agoodman82

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 306
  • Karma: +1/-3
Re: Google returned an error
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 09:21:39 pm »
Catman; let me know if you find the solution please.

I'm having the same issue. I even tried a new API key with no luck. It does track my iPhone and my wife's iPhone's locations on the visible map in the plugin, but won't indicate the physical address like I used to be able to (just says "Google returned an error") before they started forcing users to sign up for API keys.

Offline Catman

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 338
  • Karma: +10/-0
Re: Google returned an error
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 04:43:15 am »
Catman; let me know if you find the solution please.

I'm having the same issue. I even tried a new API key with no luck. It does track my iPhone and my wife's iPhone's locations on the visible map in the plugin, but won't indicate the physical address like I used to be able to (just says "Google returned an error") before they started forcing users to sign up for API keys.

Will do, although I confess I'm not actually looking or using it. Although Geofencing has now failed again....

C