General > Power Management

Verasecure notification if power loss

(1/3) > >>

uros76:
Hi. Pretty new to UI7 and VeraSecure and wondering if anyone managed to get this done.

Since Verasecure has its battery it will keep working if I have power loss. I am looking to triger an action when verasecure switches to internal battery power. Is this possbile?
I looked on scene triggers under verasecure device and couldnt find much useful. There is chance to get notified if battery of verasecure drops under certain %. But that cant be instant notification of power loss.

Any ideas?

rigpapa:

--- Quote from: uros76 on January 17, 2019, 03:55:12 am ---Hi. Pretty new to UI7 and VeraSecure and wondering if anyone managed to get this done.

Since Verasecure has its battery it will keep working if I have power loss. I am looking to triger an action when verasecure switches to internal battery power. Is this possbile?
I looked on scene triggers under verasecure device and couldnt find much useful. There is chance to get notified if battery of verasecure drops under certain %. But that cant be instant notification of power loss.

Any ideas?

--- End quote ---

The Reactor plugin pulls the current power source (utility or battery) and battery charge level. You can make conditions for either (i.e. send you a notification when the unit has been on battery power more than some amount of time, or when the battery level becomes lower than X%). Since I don't have a VeraSecure, it is an unverified feature, but if you go that direction, I'll follow it with you and address anything that comes up.

uros76:
Thanks for reply. I just installed Reactor and trying to find right condition. Attaching screenshot of options visible under verasecure.
Not sure where to go from here. Should I try with status? But then what kind of status is there? Any chance I can see status names change when I disconect power?
Sorry for noob questions :).

rigpapa:

--- Quote from: uros76 on January 17, 2019, 09:11:52 am ---Thanks for reply. I just installed Reactor and trying to find right condition. Attaching screenshot of options visible under verasecure.
Not sure where to go from here. Should I try with status? But then what kind of status is there? Any chance I can see status names change when I disconect power?
Sorry for noob questions :).

--- End quote ---

Choose the Reactor master device, and you'll see two variables listed: SystemPowerSource (possible values are "battery" and "utility"), and SystemBatteryLevel (0-100, percent).

uros76:
Cool, it worked. On newly created reactor sensor I used reactor master device and its SystemPowerSource battery variable as condition. Attaching condition screenshot. Hope your recomendation was going into this direction :).
Takes 20 seconds to get the trigger working after I take off power but this delay doesn't bother me. By the way I love the untrip action option, brilliant function implemented in plugin.

Thanks a bunch :). Off to next automation tasks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version