Author Topic: Sick of Offline/Connected messages  (Read 328 times)

Offline w1ngz

Sick of Offline/Connected messages
« on: January 17, 2019, 02:05:24 pm »
Title says it all.
Sick of the alternating Offline/Reliably connected messages every day, usually 2 or 3 times.

I don't buy the standard line from Vera about switching servers. If that's the case, it's predictable and those events can be specifically broken out and handled differently than actual connectivity problems.

Either someone has an answer, or I need to go controller shopping.
How do I fix it?
What controller should I replace it with?

Offline rafale77

• Community Beta
  • HA ≠ IoT as a blue sky is cloudless.
Re: Sick of Offline/Connected messages
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 02:25:19 pm »
I addressed this by doing something brutal: I took it offline forever

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,83627.0.html

I am now accessing my vera remotely only through VPN and manage all the various mios server functionalities with local alternatives.

There are multiple threads on this section of the forum discussing alternative controllers. There are much greater problems with the vera than the offline/online notifications from the server.
I have to say, I am at a point where I am reasonably happy with the Vera with the aim to get down to 1 luup reload/month (1st of the month at midnight) which I think I am very close to.
openLuup (79 devices, 141 scenes, 19 apps) master to VeraPlus (142 zwave nodes, 8 Zigbee nodes, 221 devices,  20 scenes , 2 apps) +  Hubitat (15 Zigbee nodes) + Home-Assistant (API Integrations). Bridged to Siri and Alexa. Homewave. VeraPlus ExtRooted and mios server independent.

Offline Angel

• Support
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 10:23:08 pm »
Title says it all.
Sick of the alternating Offline/Reliably connected messages every day, usually 2 or 3 times.

I don't buy the standard line from Vera about switching servers. If that's the case, it's predictable and those events can be specifically broken out and handled differently than actual connectivity problems.

Either someone has an answer, or I need to go controller shopping.
How do I fix it?
What controller should I replace it with?

Hello,

We have created a support ticket for you so our Team can take a look at the issue you are experiencing.

Offline reneboer

• Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 04:24:20 am »
Hi,

You can simply disable those notifications. Go to User & Account Info -> Notification Settings. Then uncheck "Vera Offline Alert (your Vera lost its Internet connection)"

You can also look to see if there are other notifications you may not be interested in.

Cheers Rene
2xVeraLite, VeraEdge, openLuup, ALTUI, 20 switches, 10 dimmers, 20 sensors, 10 scene controllers, 1 Harmony Hub, many plug-ins. Not enough time.

Offline hellovn

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 12:19:11 pm »
If you could not stand the online/offline notification problem and move to a new platform, I don' think there will be any platforms that will satisfy your needs.