We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Want Aeotec Nano Dimmer to control other devices  (Read 232 times)

Offline jrweiland

• Sr. Newbie
Want Aeotec Nano Dimmer to control other devices
« on: January 20, 2019, 01:12:19 pm »
I have a 2-gang wall switch in my house that I've covered with a blank plate, because on the inside I have connected the wires together, to be always-on (because I have Z-wave bulbs in those lights and need them to always receive power in order to control).

I'm wondering if I can wire an Aeotec Nano Dimmer in there, to control other devices throughout the house. 

IE: Wire it in the 2-gang spot, give it incoming power, don't have any power output wires connected. And then connect two rocker switches to S1 and S2. And within Vera, set scenes where "If S1 is pressed, it toggles this device" and similar for S2.

Do you think this would actually work?

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
Re: Want Aeotec Nano Dimmer to control other devices
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 05:25:45 pm »
Yes, you can do this.
Not sure why you are using a nano dimmer possibly because it's 2 wire?
I have a similar setup using a ZWBCL2 operating 2 remote Z-Wave relays, there is a delay which is z-Wave induced but it works.
If you can set up an association it should be instanteous.
HIH

Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.

Offline jrweiland

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 07:12:29 pm »
You're correct-- it's a no-neutral situation. It's the best solution I've found so far-- but I'm always open to suggestions :)

Thanks you-- I'll give it a try.

Are you in AUS? Looks like that's where your product is from.

Offline zedrally

• Black Cat Control Systems
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 07:43:43 pm »
^^^
Yes, I have it working with ZWBCL2. Not tested with a 2 wire option.
Living in the Land of Oz, give me a vegemite sandwich. Home Seer, Vera Lite & Edge, Popp, Black Cat Smart Hub & Vera G, Black Cat Lite 1 & 2's a Black Cat Dimmer or 2, Fantem Tec and then some  Black Cat Cat's Eye PIR's & Door-Window Sensors, RFXComm, Broadlink RMPro & Mini plus a Z-UNO or 2.