We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: What did you do with Vera today?  (Read 331679 times)

Offline SM2k

Re: What did you do with Vera today?
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2012, 07:55:23 pm »
Chixxi, the one thing that seems to be missing from some of the vacation plugins out there is basically an on-off switch to control whether or not you're actually on vacation (and thus if the lights should be randomly monkeyed with). It'd also be cool to make said on-off switch something that can be used as a trigger, e.g. to kick off a scene to arm door/window sensors.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2012, 10:48:45 pm »
You probably have this backwards ... When your alarm is active you should go to a random lighting pattern to look like you are there.

Offline chixxi

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2012, 04:51:11 am »
It will have an enable/disable option which can also be used as a trigger or be triggered from scenes...
Developer of Plugins: Virtual Switch, Variable Container, Popcorn Hour Remote, Vacation Ghost. => PLUGINS HAVE BEEN UNPUBLISHED BY ME.

Offline frichter09

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2012, 11:00:21 am »
It will have an enable/disable option which can also be used as a trigger or be triggered from scenes...

Looking forward to this Chixxi,
Just deleted the deus ex vacation plugin since it appears to have a bug and the OP does not to seem to be active in this forum anymore....
Vera Lite (1), Kwikset Locks (2), 2Gig-CT30 Thermostat (1), D-Link IP Cam (1), Evolve DM-15 (1), Evolve LRM-15(AS) (4), Evolve LFM-20 (1), Evolve LSM-15 (1), Everspring Sensor (1), Intermatic HA02C (6), Intermatic HA03C (4), Wayne-Dalton HA-03WD (2), MCV Smart Switch (1)

Offline electricessence

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2012, 08:23:02 pm »
I used the new Virtual Clock plug-in to setup my peak/partial-peak scheduling... :)

Offline Ruetech

« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2012, 04:00:05 am »
I just finished testing my arduino+dmpxt50+Vera integration and it's working great. thanks to mic,futzzle and all of the awesome people here It's up and running and not a moment to soon my wife is already asking to automate the kitchen sink. It shouldn't be hard with my new setup.

Offline SM2k

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2012, 10:06:46 am »
Ruetech, in what ways do you plan to automate it? moisture detection? automatic water shutoff? track water usage?

Offline Ruetech

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2012, 10:09:51 am »
Off and on via foot switch or motion detector maybe a combination of the two so my kids won't play with it

Offline Piwtorak

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2012, 08:40:30 am »
Ruetech !
what means: foot switch ?
thanks
Vera3 (1), Airport Extreme (2), Apple TV (3), Sqblaster (1), GE Switch (3), GE Dimmer (1), Leviton VRCSZ2 (2), GE 45601 (1), Intermatic HA03 (2), GE Zwave Outlet (1), Remote Control Curtain (1) and growing.

Offline Ruetech

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2012, 08:47:42 am »
I was thinking of putting a magnetic reed switch like a door contact in the cabinet and making something that you activate the sink with your foot like the trash cans you open the lid by stepping on a pedal ill take a pic of the contact when I get to work

Update: this is the contact
http://www.gesecurityproducts.eu/ap/datasheet.php?product=3008-W&loc_code=IR
This the idea
Momentary trigger to toggle sink on and off with a 30 second timer for auto shut off and short range motion at around 5' to prevent my kids from playing with it
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 10:05:41 pm by Ruetech »

Offline Piwtorak

« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2012, 08:59:15 am »
I underestand maybe a simple door/window sensor runs well
Vera3 (1), Airport Extreme (2), Apple TV (3), Sqblaster (1), GE Switch (3), GE Dimmer (1), Leviton VRCSZ2 (2), GE 45601 (1), Intermatic HA03 (2), GE Zwave Outlet (1), Remote Control Curtain (1) and growing.

Offline capjay

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2012, 04:20:35 am »
the other day, I was at the Sony store and picked up some Xperia NFC tags (like these http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/products/accessories/xperia-smarttags/) to use with my NFC-equipped Android phone. The product's original intent is to launch phone activities (or change profiles) when touching the tags.. For example, have a tag in the car, and when touched by the phone it turns Bluetooth on, WIFI off, runs navigation app, and so on.

It's possible to do much more with the tags if integrated with Vera. I setup a tag near the entrance of my home and linked it to a special Vera scene (adjusting lights and dimmers, thermostats, locks etc.) . An easy way to do this, is to use the bundled app which allows you to open a url when activating the tag. Much more can be done by using the tags in combination with Tasker and Authomation/Home buddy. The possibilities are almost limitless, and pretty cheap to set up!

Offline Peter

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2012, 03:23:24 pm »
I just finished testing my arduino+dmpxt50+Vera integration and it's working great. thanks to mic,futzzle and all of the awesome people here It's up and running and not a moment to soon my wife is already asking to automate the kitchen sink. It shouldn't be hard with my new setup.

I 'am also starting with a arduino within a project called the nodo-domotica. I wan't to use my harmony 1100 to control scenes.
The nodo project is a board with kaku and infrared board on top of a Arduino board with ethernet shield. Could u tel me more about interfacing between Arduino with ethernet shield and the vere mios?

Offline Piwtorak

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2012, 03:28:52 pm »
I have installed SQBLASTER plug in on my vera3...and starting to setting up the linking between sqblaster and vera3.

sqblaster impressed me, but I'm searchng for  tips to make things better.  (i.e. sqremote turn a lamp directly not a scene)

I have installed 3 led dimmable lamps Philips and that is running well with GE dimmer switch ZW3003.

Offline Ruetech

« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2012, 07:51:11 pm »
@peter

I used a sketch written by mic for door bell and phone scene control and just tweaked the pins and a few other minor adjustments to get it to work for my application he laid it out fairly well and easy to set up you can find all of the info here good luck
http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,12167.0.html