We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Zooz Double Plug  (Read 462 times)

Offline ndstate

• Sr. Newbie
Zooz Double Plug
« on: January 27, 2019, 12:47:10 am »
Has anyone tried the Zooz Double Plug: https://www.thesmartesthouse.com/products/zooz-z-wave-plus-s2-double-plug-zen25-with-usb-port? It looks pretty slick and affordable. They claim it works with Vera, but I am interested in knowing if anyone has any personal experience.

Thanks

Offline jbfoster

Re: Zooz Double Plug
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 03:47:33 pm »
I want one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ndstate

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 05:35:35 pm »
Let us know if you get one and test it out.

Offline pvu-vera+

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 02:39:26 am »
I got the zen25 and inclusion was easy..once you have the plug close to the Vera hub.

Initially followed the auto-inclusion instructions from the manual, but it didn't pair when I had the plug one room away from the hub.

Then I plugged it next to the hub, following the same directions for auto-inclusion...

For auto-inclusion:
- Select the Devices tab in your Vera app
- Click on the gray "+ Add Device" button
- Choose "Generic Z-Wave Device" from the device list, then "Next" and...
- Plug the Double Plug in the grounded 120VAC receptacle (near the Vera hub worked for me)
- Give it a couple of minutes and 4 devices showed up(for me); I named/assigned them as follows...
  1. Main - controls both plugs simultaneously
  2. Module A - controls side "A"
  3. Module B - controls side "B"
  4. Unknown - On/Off doesn't do anything (maybe for USB ??)

Offline kigmatzomat

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2019, 12:43:36 am »
Yours had to be close to the vera? I linked one to my Homeseer over the weekend. The HS was about 20 feet away (upstairs, a room over) with about 3 walls/floors between. Oh and a recliner sofa as it was in the power strip next to my comfy spot.

I like it so far. The USB power monitoring is interesting. The ability to change the light activity is nice as is the power cutoff/warning threshold. (Design rated for 10A combined across both ports so 5/5, 9/1, etc).

I have not tried the auto stop/restart option. I see this being very interesting for an HA controller you want to be able to power cycle itself or light appliances you want to make sure don't run for too long.

Offline pvu-vera+

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2019, 01:14:47 am »
"Yours had to be close to the vera? "

Only for the initial pairing. It's become my favorite switch for normal lights and small appliances (no heaters); my former favorite was the dual plug Inovelli.

Offline kigmatzomat

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 01:45:10 am »
I was referring to the pairing. I have my Homeseer in a closet upstairs from my den. I had the zen25 plugged into the same power strip as my laptop while I did set up.

My two veras were always finickier about pairing than the HS zstick has been. But maybe I have more Plus devices in my network than you do to do mesh enrollment.