Author Topic: Wunderground Weather Plugin  (Read 41046 times)

Offline frichter09

Re: Wunderground Weather Plugin
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 10:17:33 am »
Rich,
I think the default polling interval is 60min!
Set mine to 300s and that should be fine.... you could poll even more frequently....

Flo
Vera Lite (1), Kwikset Locks (2), 2Gig-CT30 Thermostat (1), D-Link IP Cam (1), Evolve DM-15 (1), Evolve LRM-15(AS) (4), Evolve LFM-20 (1), Evolve LSM-15 (1), Everspring Sensor (1), Intermatic HA02C (6), Intermatic HA03C (4), Wayne-Dalton HA-03WD (2), MCV Smart Switch (1)

Offline RichD73

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2012, 10:32:44 am »
Hmmm... I have a Luup script that reads the temp from the device every 30 minutes and drops it into a file. The values are changing every 30 minutes so I assumed that the default polling interval must be at least that often. I don't think I need to poll more often than that.

Thanks,
Rich

Offline guessed

• Master Member
  • Release compat is not a bolted-on afterthought
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2012, 11:00:14 am »
The default polling interval is 30 minutes, well under the current limits.  I didn't change that because some people have multiple Vera's, and others have Veras that reboot frequently (like mine)

The log output is on Vera itself, in the file /var/log/cmh/LuaUPnP.log

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2012, 09:15:30 pm »
Thank you for those that have developed and supported this plugin.
It's essential to automating my smart home!

It would be nice to have a %chance of precipitation and amount of precipitation for the day ... and these are available as a trigger source.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 09:23:49 pm by RichardTSchaefer »

Offline gbeeton

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2012, 10:18:10 pm »
Does the plug-in support Personal Weather Station data uploaded to Weather Underground?  When I let it use Vera's location setting the plug-in updates the weather data as per the specified polling frequency, as expected.  But if I use a local PWS (ISASKATC21) the plug-in retrieves data once but then never seems to update after that.

Offline guessed

• Master Member
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2012, 10:52:28 pm »
PWS should work.  It's the same feed mechanism.  I can't test right now as the WUI HTTPS feed appears offline right now.

Offline Trotsky40

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2012, 12:11:40 am »
Does the plug-in support Personal Weather Station data uploaded to Weather Underground?  When I let it use Vera's location setting the plug-in updates the weather data as per the specified polling frequency, as expected.  But if I use a local PWS (ISASKATC21) the plug-in retrieves data once but then never seems to update after that.

Be sure to enter it as "pws:ISA...". I entered it initially without the "pws:" and saw the same behavior. Once I put in the prefix, it updated as expected.
Vera Plus- A wide variety of z-wave devices, a few zigbee devices, Sonos, and Phillips Hue bulbs via Hue Bridge.

Offline gbeeton

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2012, 01:01:30 am »
Be sure to enter it as "pws:ISA...". I entered it initially without the "pws:" and saw the same behavior. Once I put in the prefix, it updated as expected.

Yup, that did the trick.  Thanks!

Offline eddiegonzales

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2012, 04:03:23 am »
Hi

Where do i insert the pws:ISA data?

In the location field?

Offline teonebello

• Macs, Home Automation, Bikers
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2012, 07:52:31 am »
Matteo,
For testing purposes, the call would look like:
    http://api.wunderground.com/api/YourKeyHere/conditions/forecast/q/lsza.xml

I just tried it, and it's returning the correct feed data.  In your case, you'd need to use your [real] key, since the one listed below isn't real and also you'd need to Set a Location override of "lsza" in the Control panel for the Plugin.

PS: Avoid publishing your real key, since any usages of it apply against your account.  Also avoid calling it frequently, unless you're using the paid service, as there are limits when your account will get cutoff (I've done it by accident during testing)

very nice plug but not working for me.

Added the key, added the 5 seconds polling and the location with the alis LSZA (Lugano, Switzerland).

Where am I wrong?

https://api.com/16a3f0a2c3ebe3cf/conditions/forecast/q/lsza.xml return nothing

Thank you
Matteo

Hi Guessed,

i tried you link and it worked correctly with my key. But in vera is not working.

I put LSZA as location, 10 as polling and the correct key.

Where am I wrong?

Thank you
Matteo

Offline Trotsky40

« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2012, 09:24:09 am »
Hi

In the location field?

Yes. The location field in the main weather section.
Vera Plus- A wide variety of z-wave devices, a few zigbee devices, Sonos, and Phillips Hue bulbs via Hue Bridge.

Offline guessed

• Master Member
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2012, 12:23:09 pm »
Matteo,
To do anymore I'd need to see your LuaUPnP.log file.  I've got a reasonable amount of diag logging going on and it would likely tell me what's up.

Note that 10s Period is WAY too fast, unless you've subscribed to one of the higher paid levels.  The default is 1800s, which will burn through ~50 credits/day.  At 10s you'd burn through 8640 credits, and the "regular" account only gets 500. 

The system will then ban you for a period of time (probably a day, but I can't remember) and nothing will work during that time.

Matteo,
For testing purposes, the call would look like:
    http://api.wunderground.com/api/YourKeyHere/conditions/forecast/q/lsza.xml

I just tried it, and it's returning the correct feed data.  In your case, you'd need to use your [real] key, since the one listed below isn't real and also you'd need to Set a Location override of "lsza" in the Control panel for the Plugin.

PS: Avoid publishing your real key, since any usages of it apply against your account.  Also avoid calling it frequently, unless you're using the paid service, as there are limits when your account will get cutoff (I've done it by accident during testing)

very nice plug but not working for me.

Added the key, added the 5 seconds polling and the location with the alis LSZA (Lugano, Switzerland).

Where am I wrong?

https://api.com/16a3f0a2c3ebe3cf/conditions/forecast/q/lsza.xml return nothing

Thank you
Matteo

Hi Guessed,

i tried you link and it worked correctly with my key. But in vera is not working.

I put LSZA as location, 10 as polling and the correct key.

Where am I wrong?

Thank you
Matteo

Offline eddiegonzales

• Sr. Newbie
Wunderground Weather Plugin
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2012, 01:11:53 pm »
Hi

In the location field?

Yes. The location field in the main weather section.

Thx Trotsky40

Offline gbeeton

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2012, 12:21:08 pm »
I'm trying to use the Wunderground plugin to turn off a pump when the temperature drops below freezing.  I set up a scene to turn the pump off with a trigger from the temperature device when the temperature goes below 0 degrees C.  But for some reason the scene never receives a trigger (I have the display units set to metric and yes, the temperature has dropped below 0).  What am I doing wrong?

Offline ssorochan

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2012, 02:28:19 pm »
I have tried to load this and cannot get it to work.  I put in the provider key and when I go to the URL it does return values.  I also tried uninstalling and installing and still get no weather date.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

api.wunderground.com/api/<MYKEY>/conditions/forecast/q/yxy.xml