Author Topic: Wunderground Weather Plugin  (Read 40677 times)

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
Re: Wunderground Weather Plugin
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2017, 10:21:13 am »
You can use PLEG to do this.

Steps:
1) Add Input Device Parameter
     WindSpeed  -    bound to WU Device WindSpeed parameter

2)  Add Condition
      Windy       -         WindSpeed > 15

3) You can add Actions to Windy, and/or a device notification for Windy and/or use this with other logic in another condition.

Offline chris66

« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2017, 10:52:33 am »
Thanks Richard, I've already seen this solution on the forum. As I'm using a very old Veralite with no memory, I had to uninstall almost all my plugins in order to migrate to UI7 and to install the latest version. I assume PLEG is using a lot of ressources, no? I you confirm me that it doesn't use a lot of ressources, I could give a try.

Offline chris66

« Reply #92 on: August 02, 2017, 03:02:18 am »
Synchronize plugin with Weather Underground services. I have a little problem. WU updates data each 30 minutes. As I have seen in the log, they update datas at 20, and 50 (I mean 14:20, 14:50, 15:20, 15:50). Sometimes I look at the log from Imperihome on my mobile and click on the device to display infos, and at 08:52 I can see: Last update 32 minutes ago: 08:20. The most I've seen is last update 58 minutes ago. So I presume sometimes there is no synchronisation each 30 minutes.

Now, the question, as describe  above, sometimes I can have around 1 hour delay between receveived datas from WU and "real time", that's problematic when a Storm is coming, for managing my outside blinds. So how to define the time of the update in the plugin? I've set pooling at 1800 (30 min). The first pooling time is when we set it and record modifications to the device? Or another parameter? Thanks for reading. Chris

Offline chris66

« Reply #93 on: August 03, 2017, 08:18:07 am »
Ok, for me pooling at 1800, record the pooling value (save modifications) one minute or two minutes after each HH:20 or HH:50 is the best solution.

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #94 on: August 03, 2017, 09:05:33 pm »
You will probably NOT see an update if the data has not changed in  the last interval.

Offline chris66

« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2017, 10:22:55 am »
Thanks Richard, that was the question point.

Offline Vaggeto

« Reply #96 on: October 03, 2017, 08:30:07 pm »
Hi! I finally got my Weather Underground app working again. Somehow on the install it was still missing some XML files even though it had the main 4 files.

I have free electricity from 8PM-5AM and at 3:30AM-5:00AM each morning I pre-heat or pre-cool my house based on the forecasted high and low temperatures.
Hopefully I'm wrong on this but I currently use CurrentTemperature on the Low/high device, (which I believe uses the period 0 on the World weather Device) but at 3:30AM I the low temperature shown is the low for the following night, not the current night I'm in right now. Is there a way to use the app to access the forecasted low for the current day? (Which is essentially the low temperature for the previous day I believe according to Weather Underground)

local fc_high = luup.variable_get("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1","CurrentTemperature", 81)
local fc_low = luup.variable_get("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1","CurrentTemperature", 80)

I'm thinking I might be able to use a scheduled action and with Luup code at say 11:59PM and copy the current Low temperature to a new variable on the Low Temp device. Then I could reference that custom variable each morning at 3:30AM.

Any ideas/thoughts?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 08:42:03 pm by Vaggeto »

Offline Vaggeto

« Reply #97 on: October 06, 2017, 03:42:38 am »
So I've created a new scene that triggers at 10:50PM nightly.

It updates the current low forecast to a new variable I added to the Low Temp device.

Code: [Select]
local fc_lowyesterday = luup.variable_get("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1","CurrentTemperature", 80)

fc_lowyesterday = tonumber(fc_lowyesterday)

luup.variable_set("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:TemperatureSensor1","YesterdayTemperature",fc_lowyesterday, 80)

When I ran slight variations of this code it seemed to work, but when i went to check the variable it didn't seem to update until i reloaded. Is this normal or maybe there is a delay before it would show the update and the reload was coincidental?

Offline RichardTSchaefer

• Master Member
« Reply #98 on: October 06, 2017, 10:20:43 am »
You can't see an update to the variable in the UI unless you refresh the browser.
It's only loaded once in the UI, then cached.

Offline yuvald

« Reply #99 on: October 18, 2017, 05:29:42 am »
Hello- I'm with apps  / Tel Aviv How can I do this?
Thanks

Offline TheSummit

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2017, 10:41:17 am »
Hello All.....Installed plugin, entered in API from WU, but initially it pulled in location of another weather station down the street. I am KMASALEM18 in Salem MA. In UI7, it listed the devices, but they never update. Any pointers? The readings have been the same for 3 days. Thanks in advance.
Vera Plus, Echo, Schlage Locks, Go Control Bulbs, Jasco paddle switches/outlets, Alexa Vera Beta Tester, IFTTT Beta Tester (Honeywell/Vera)

Offline niharmehta

« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2017, 02:32:14 pm »
did you enter 'pws:KMASALEM18'  inside the location override field ?   Another option is to use your precise long/lat in that field.  From what I understand, it should select your station by default however if it goes down, it should use the next closest .

Hello All.....Installed plugin, entered in API from WU, but initially it pulled in location of another weather station down the street. I am KMASALEM18 in Salem MA. In UI7, it listed the devices, but they never update. Any pointers? The readings have been the same for 3 days. Thanks in advance.
2x VeraLite; 2xTrane Tstats; 45 x Switches/Dimmers/Appliance Modules; 4x Everspring Water Sensors; DSC Integration; 2 x Zwave Door Locks; 1x Ted5K; 1x Rainforest Eagle; Onkyo AVR; 6x Squeezebox;

Offline abarajame

« Reply #102 on: April 17, 2018, 01:51:06 am »
Is anyone else having issues with the plugin?
This is what I see in the log:

WUIWeather: fetchWeather returned error=host or service not provided, or not known <0x758f3520>

TIA