Author Topic: GE Concord 4 Alarm Panel Plugin  (Read 39340 times)

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
GE Concord 4 Alarm Panel Plugin
« on: September 27, 2012, 10:46:36 am »
While the plugin was completed for some time, one user discovered a pretty big issue (which wasn't present on my test system) so I didn't officially release it.

Today I fixed that issue and I'm releasing the plugin as Beta, only on the forum. If at least one user confirms that it works OK for him, I will release it in the Marketplace.

The plugin works on both UI4 and UI5, and it offers only some basic features:
  • Arm/disarm partitions
  • Bypass/unbypass zones
  • Toggle Chime Mode On/Off
  • Activate panic alarms
The documentation is here: http://code.mios.com/trac/mios_ge-concord
Please read it before using the plugin.

Note: To install it on UI5 follow the instructions for UI4, but instead of MiOS Developers, go to Apps >> Develop Apps to find the pages mentioned in the instructions.

Offline dva411

Re: GE Concord 4 Alarm Panel Plugin
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 12:38:56 pm »
I have played with the plugin a lot this weekend, with limited success.   I was able to get it working a few times (for a short period of time).    Usually, this was after I rebooted the alarm (disconnected power supply and battery).    One time it worked after going into the alarm programming menu (I didn't change any settings other than sensor text and setting the time).   After a short period of time, the arm/disarm stop working and return the following error "Concord Plugin : Failed to get partition number. Cannot arm partition."    Something similar happens when you bypass a node (Concord Plugin : Failed to get zone number. Cannot arm zone).   I've reinstalled the Luup files a few times.   I've also connected via SSH, deleted the Concord files, and started from scratch.  Let me know if there's anything you need from me to trace this down.

Thanks

Doug

Offline dva411

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 10:21:20 pm »
I was reading the logs and came across this:

1 0 urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:device:ConcordAlarmPartition:1 D_ConcordPartition.json Concord Alarm Partition urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:service:AlarmPartition:2 urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:AlarmPartition2 S_AlarmPartition2.xml urn:schemas-micasaverde-com:service:ConcordAlarmPanel:1 urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:ConcordAlarmPanel1 S_Concord.xml

I only have 1 partition configured on my concord.   Is this trying to reference partition 2, or is that just a reference to a second xml file?

Offline futzle

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
GE Concord 4 Alarm Panel Plugin
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 10:31:31 pm »
It's the second version of the Partition service since record-keeping began in 2010, which all alarm plugins now use. Not a bug.

Edit: wording.

Offline Shakey

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 10:38:43 pm »
  I got mine up and running, it didn't work on the first beta but appears to be on this one. I can see the sensors change state as doors are opened and closed, etc.. I can arm and disarm it from UI5. I trying to figure out how to arm and disarm it using http or upnp. If you do an xml data request it shows as a category 0 device not 4 for security and a subcategory of -1.

I would like see a variable that exposed the data that is on the keypad LCD.

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 08:16:39 am »
@dva411
Please enable tech support and send me the access codes at florin at mios dot com.

If you do an xml data request it shows as a category 0 device not 4 for security and a subcategory of -1.

I fixed this and committed in trunk.

I would like see a variable that exposed the data that is on the keypad LCD.

This is quite some work, and my time allotted to this plugin has passed. I'll add this feature to the next plugin version.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 09:37:33 am by mcvflorin »

Offline Shakey

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 04:57:23 pm »
Can some help me with the proper http request to send to the Vera from another device to change the alarm modes= Stay, Away, Disarm? Along with a user code say- 1234.

Thanks in advanced.

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 03:37:46 am »
This is the request to arm/disarm the panel from the local network:
Code: [Select]
http://Vera_IP:3480/data_request?id=action&DeviceNum=partition_device_number&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:AlarmPartition2&action=RequestArmMode&State=Stay&PINCode=1234
The valid values for the State parameter are:
  • Disarmed
  • Stay
  • StayInstant
  • StaySilent
  • Armed
  • ArmedInstant
  • ArmedSilent

Offline dva411

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2012, 02:23:22 pm »
mcvflorin,

I installed a brand new concord 4 board and a brand new automation module this weekend.   I also reinstalled the plugin.   After many tries, it finally added all of my sensors (again), however, I am still getting the message "Failed to get partition number" every time I try to arm or disarm the partition.  This time it doesn't work after a fresh reboot of the panel (was working after reboot on the old concord 3 panel).

mcVflorin - my system has tech support turned on, and you should have my access code in email

Others -   Does anyone that has the plugin working, also shave a GSM module connected to the suberbus (alarm.com)?   

Offline dva411

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 09:23:54 pm »
Ok.... some progress.     I replaced my serial adapter with FTDI chipset with an adapter that had a Prolific PL2303 chipset.  I am now able to get the plugin working.

If I play around a lot (eg, arming, and disarming and bypassing nodes), it will sometimes go back to reporting the error "Failed to get partition number".

1. Is this related to the issue you mentioned earlier (synchronous vs asynchronous)

2.  Could my adapter be impacting the stability?   I originally thought the FTDI was the way to go (based on reading the threads), however I wasn't able to get mine working.  I'm a bit confused by what is coming back in dmesg.  There is a line that reads "usb.c: USB device 3
(vend/prod 0x403/0x6001) is not claimed by any active driver."   This line is present regardless of what adapter i use (Prolific or FTDI.)

My tech support will be enabled next week, if you have a chance to check it out.

Thanks

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 09:57:13 am »
1. Is this related to the issue you mentioned earlier (synchronous vs asynchronous)

No, this plugin was asynchronous from the beginning.

2.  Could my adapter be impacting the stability?   I originally thought the FTDI was the way to go (based on reading the threads), however I wasn't able to get mine working.  I'm a bit confused by what is coming back in dmesg.  There is a line that reads "usb.c: USB device 3
(vend/prod 0x403/0x6001) is not claimed by any active driver."   This line is present regardless of what adapter i use (Prolific or FTDI.)

I don't think it's the serial adapter. The plugin is not perfect, so it's possible that there is a plugin issue that occurs when certain conditions are met.

Offline dva411

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2012, 09:40:15 pm »
Florin,

Great work on the concord 4 plugin.  It has been very stable since the last mod. 

How do i disarm from a scene?  The partition control doesn't have a disarm button, so i can't use the GUI scene builder.  Using sensors in scenes is working very well.

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2012, 04:17:32 am »
How do i disarm from a scene?
From the Advanced tab, select the partition, select the RequestArmMode action and fill in the parameters.

Offline Shakey

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2012, 09:55:01 pm »
What is the format for the HTTP commands for Fire, Police, and Medical Panic modes or where can I find them?

Thanks

Offline mcvflorin

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2012, 06:32:02 am »
@Shakey

This:
Code: [Select]
http://Vera_IP:3480/data_request?id=action&DeviceNum=partition_device_number&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:AlarmPartition2&action=RequestPanicMode&State=Police|Auxiliary|Fire
Keep in mind that there's no prompt for confirmation or PIN code. As soon as you call this action the alarm will go off.