Author Topic: GE Concord 4 Alarm Panel Plugin  (Read 42161 times)

Offline Inzax

Re: GE Concord 4 Alarm Panel Plugin
« Reply #165 on: April 22, 2017, 08:19:52 am »
I had this issue.  I could fix it by doing a restore from the day before when everything was in order.  Eventually, I got a new automation module and the problem has not come back.

I have no solution for you other then a restore or new automation module.  The symptoms you report are the same but who knows if those two things will fix the issue. 

Proud Member of the Epic Smite Thread.
Go ahead. Make my day.  Smite me!

Offline indub

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #166 on: April 22, 2017, 04:35:26 pm »
I decided to manually add the sensors back into scenes, but I left the sensors in the 'no room' section this time.  Another "reset" happened again last night and today the sensors remain in the scenes.  Since that seems to work, I'll just leave all my alarm sensors in 'no room'.  Curious, did you ever try that? 

Offline Inzax

« Reply #167 on: April 23, 2017, 08:49:06 am »
I decided to manually add the sensors back into scenes, but I left the sensors in the 'no room' section this time.  Another "reset" happened again last night and today the sensors remain in the scenes.  Since that seems to work, I'll just leave all my alarm sensors in 'no room'.  Curious, did you ever try that?

No.  Mostly because having a sensor sit in "no room" would drive me insane.  Glad you found a solution that works.

Offline rjspindler

« Reply #168 on: June 04, 2017, 06:20:03 pm »
Just starting the process of connecting my Concord 4 to VeraPlus(UI7).  Still playing and familiarizing myself with everything.  I have the master panel talking to Vera via the automation module/serial-to-USB/Vera per all the information in this thread.  Great info by the way.  Thank you all for the input. 

Does anyone know if I can have the automation module connect to Vera wirelessly rather than usb?  My ADT master panel is mounted in my basement.  My internet router is in a different part of the house making connections difficult.  If I connect a USB wireless adapter to the serial-to-USB cable, will it talk to Vera, which would be connected to my router elsewhere in the house?

Any assistance would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Offline rjspindler

« Reply #169 on: June 17, 2017, 03:31:22 pm »
Anyone know a way to show the battery level of the wireless sensors that are communicating with the panel? 

Offline shallowearth

« Reply #170 on: June 17, 2017, 03:43:29 pm »
No, I don't believe the Concord even has that information.  It only knows when a device is reporting a low battery state.  I get a notification from Alarm.com when a device reports a low battery state, but there is now way to check battery level.  Not to mention lithium batteries like the ones used in. Wireless security sensors, tend to show fully charged until they are nearing end of life.  Then they decay rapidly.

I am guessing the keypad also shows a device low battery warning for the specific sensor but I don't remember for sure.  That is not something that is currently displayed in the Vera Plug either to my knowledge but I have never checked the plug in when I have had a low battery device (I was too busy trying to remember how to set the tamper bypass on the sensor so that I could change the battery without repeatedly setting off the alarm!)

Offline Inzax

« Reply #171 on: June 17, 2017, 11:20:16 pm »
(I was too busy trying to remember how to set the tamper bypass on the sensor so that I could change the battery without repeatedly setting off the alarm!)

I put the panel in test mode, change battery, turn off test mode (pressing 1, then code).  Prevents alarm from going off but Vera responds to any scenes created with that wireless device as if it is triggered.  Not a huge deal.

Offline tbailey1712

« Reply #172 on: July 06, 2017, 11:03:45 am »
I've also started seeing random Luup restarts that wipes out the zones.  My zone devices had been stable for about a year with low device numbers.  I use device states heavily in scenes as well as reading the JSON directly by an external dashboard screen to see doors/windows that are open.

Now I get restarts that move the zones to No Room, remove them from all of the scenes and creates new device numbers.  It's maddening to reset everything.  Can't seem to figure out why this is happening.  Would love to know if anyone found a root cause.

Offline shallowearth

« Reply #173 on: July 06, 2017, 11:14:28 am »
Instead of resetting everything just restore a backup gets you easily back to good.

If you still have a backup from before you first started seeing the luup restarts that may clear up the restarts as well.

Offline indub

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #174 on: July 06, 2017, 11:23:06 am »
I've also started seeing random Luup restarts that wipes out the zones.  My zone devices had been stable for about a year with low device numbers.  I use device states heavily in scenes as well as reading the JSON directly by an external dashboard screen to see doors/windows that are open.

Now I get restarts that move the zones to No Room, remove them from all of the scenes and creates new device numbers.  It's maddening to reset everything.  Can't seem to figure out why this is happening.  Would love to know if anyone found a root cause.

Inzax mentions above that it may be something to do with the automation module or how it works with the plugin that hasn't been updated in years.  Doing a restore of a backup will get things back in order but next time your controller disconnects you'll have to do the same thing again.  After messing with this issue and not wanting to install a new automation module, I just left all my sensors in 'no room' and that fixed it for me.  Any time the controller disconnects all my sensors stay in my scenes, etc. 

Offline tbailey1712

« Reply #175 on: July 10, 2017, 05:46:20 pm »
I'm seeing something a little different.  I've also given up on putting sensors back into rooms, however when it goes bonkers, the devices are no longer part of the scenes.  They also get a new Vera device ID which makes using the REST APIs externally a PITA.

One thing I've learned to do is not make a bunch of changes all at once.  If I edit scenes, update a controller variable, delete something, I always wait about 30 seconds for any Luup messages to clear from the blue banner at the top before trying something else. 

Now that it's stable again, I'm going to try and re-add apps that I deleted.  If it keeps up, I may go to Home Assistant as it also has a Concord4 Serial module.

Offline sivaprasath

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #176 on: July 14, 2017, 02:07:44 pm »
I am looking for a feature to update "Date & time" of Concord 4 Panel automatically (say once in every week) with VeraPlus controller date and time.  Is there any way to achieve this functionality?  Thanks.

Offline lvandeusenii

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #177 on: September 05, 2017, 01:29:01 pm »
you can right a lua script to do this however i am not sure how to get prompts for input if you want to be able to have the script prompt you for the variables.  otherwise you would have to create an input box to input the values into the script.

Offline cweakland

« Reply #178 on: November 04, 2017, 09:03:39 am »
I just wanted to add that leaving your sensors in "No Room" seems to keep things stable. I did about 5 restores from backup, and every time after a few days, all my sensors would fail. On the last restore, I removed their room setting and I have been solid for the past week.