Author Topic: GE Concord 4 Alarm Panel Plugin  (Read 45805 times)

Offline Inzax

Re: GE Concord 4 Alarm Panel Plugin
« Reply #180 on: December 02, 2017, 06:04:55 pm »
My experience yes.  The interface and behavior is stable.  However, I had one issue where a vera tech told me the concord plugin was making my vera unstable during a recent upgrade.  He resolved the issue.  I don't have details.  I think the upgrade was the issue since that is my usual experience with vera firmware.

The concord 4 panels is a bit long in the tooth, no? 

You will also have to get the automation module so the concord can talk to the vera.

There might be a better, newer option that blends well with Vera.
Proud Member of the Epic Smite Thread.
Go ahead. Make my day.  Smite me!

Offline indub

« Reply #181 on: December 21, 2017, 07:12:37 pm »
I was thinking about buying a concord4 and installing. Does it work well currently with Vera?

I haven't had many issues with it over the years and the issues I have had were minor.  Most of my issues have pertained to the plugin after a vera firmware update in which the plugin needed a reinstall or the serial port config needed a reset.  Also the automation modules for the concord can be flaky - I've been through 2 automation modules, on my 3rd now.  The main issue I foresee is how long the plugin will continue to work because it hasn't been supported for a while now.

There might be a better, newer option that blends well with Vera.

If I didn't already have the concord4 in this house, I'd just buy individual z-wave door sensors, motion detectors, sirens, etc.  These days I don't see much point in using the alarm panels.  I'd honestly recommend that route unless there's some specific reason you want an alarm panel, like if you're using a monitoring service. 

Offline Inzax

« Reply #182 on: December 22, 2017, 09:45:49 am »
With the latest vera edge firmware 1.7.3452 I have noticed that the Concord Partition Device does not change status, in the web interface, when the system is armed.

For instance when I leave my house and arm the system manually or allow it to arm when leaving the geofence the concord device would always show "away."

With the latest firmware the system arms as it should but the device does not change status in the mobile app or in the web interface.

If I arm the system via the web interface the device shows the change in status, as it should and reacts to input.

I have a ticket in but have not heard anything for days.  I am guessing they are busy cleaning up the mess after the last upgrade.

Offline brandon125

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #183 on: December 26, 2017, 10:51:42 pm »
I cannot get my concord plugin to work, I have downloaded the plugin and it detects my usb serial device.

Offline Inzax

« Reply #184 on: January 03, 2018, 05:35:56 pm »
Upgraded to a Vera Secure from the Vera Edge.  I struggled a bit to get my concord 4 integrated with the Vera Secure.  I had followed all the instructions for a restore of my previous system.  Everything seemed to come over with the one exception being the Concord 4 panel and all associated security devices.

A blue ribbon at the top of the web interface advised that the Concord Panel failed to open IO port.

Going to "apps/develop apps/serial port configuration" to check settings showed a different interface then what the Edge had displayed. 

Under the edge I had only ONE serial port configuration window. Vera Secure shows 2.  (Screen shots included.)  The upper serial port mimicked the edge exactly.  To get rid of the error I had to configure the second instance, leaving the default "name, Device Number" and changing the other settings to what had been displayed in the edge.

Rebooting has resolved communication issues with the concord 4 panel but the first and previously functional, serial port entry remains.

Guessing this is a result of doing a backup/restore with the concord 4 usb plugged in on the Vera Secure? 

I just wanted to post in the event others run in to this issue.  There are still a few of us with the Concord Panels ;)

Offline sivaprasath

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #185 on: January 03, 2018, 11:44:05 pm »
Hi Inzax,

You are not alone in using Concord 4 Panel.  There are still folks like me are actively with Concord 4 panels  :)

Your settings seems to be right as per your diagram.  Can you try to restart the LUPP engine?  You can do it via the URL:  http://<IP address of your Vera>:3480/data_request?id=reload

OR, you can try to reload the LUPP engine using Web UI:  Settings ->  Z-Wave Settings -> Advanced -> Reload Engine.  Wait for 1 minute and then reload the Web UI and see if it helps.

Offline Inzax

« Reply #186 on: January 04, 2018, 05:18:18 am »
@sivaprasath.

I did restart the luup engine with no result. 

Everything is working.  I just have this legacy serial port listed. I am guessing I will have to ssh in and poke around and delete something.

Offline sivaprasath

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #187 on: January 04, 2018, 05:16:20 pm »
Hi Inzax,

Are you connecting the Serial cable to Vera using any USB Hub?  Or is the USB Serial cable is directly connected to Vera controller?

Offline Inzax

« Reply #188 on: January 04, 2018, 05:28:12 pm »
@sivaprasath.  USB cable directly connected.  No USB hub. 

Offline sivaprasath

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #189 on: January 05, 2018, 05:08:03 pm »
Hi Inzax,

Can you call Vera customer service and do remote technical support?

Offline Inzax

« Reply #190 on: January 05, 2018, 05:37:35 pm »
I have a ticket in.

It is filed as double serial ports listed.  The concord panel is working fine.  I just have a serial port piggy backing on top of the functional one as described.

I also listed two other problems.  A connection issue and geofence issue.  I resolved the geofence issue and the connection issue I think was more on the server side and is not present.  I will PM you.

Offline shallowearth

« Reply #191 on: Today at 01:55:46 am »
Inzax, are you still having trouble with the plugin not working correctly on the latest firmware?
I am currently on 1.7.2931 and don't want to upgrade if the plug in won't trigger on arm/disarm.  I use that all the time to trigger my house modes.