Author Topic: GE Concord 4 Alarm Panel Plugin  (Read 56901 times)

Offline lvandeusenii

• Sr. Newbie
Re: GE Concord 4 Alarm Panel Plugin
« Reply #195 on: January 19, 2018, 12:05:45 pm »
thanks for the reply.   for some reason my concord4 has issues when i place my sensors in rooms.  so i leave them in no room.  my only issue with the concord i wish i could fix is the behavior that i still have to use my legacy control panels to disarm the alarm.  although i have setup scenes for use with vera that simplify this now.

Offline Inzax

« Reply #196 on: January 19, 2018, 04:13:37 pm »
To disarm I created a scene and used the "advanced editor" option at the end of the scene creation.  It is a "manually triggered" scene. 

In the advanced editor I selected the concord partition #1 then the option "Service: urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:AlarmPartition2
RequestArmMode"   

You then enter your pincode and state as "disarmed"

Save the scene. 

You can then run that scene to disarm the panel.  It sounds like you may have done this yourself but I thought I would spell it out in the event you had not.

Using the house mode plugin option to disarm when in home mode does not work for me.  HOWEVER, it does work for arming when the mode changes to "away."

As far as the room issue.  I have no idea why you are having issues with that.
Proud Member of the Epic Smite Thread.
VeraSecure; Concord 4 Panel; 6 IP Cameras; Imperiehome; Housemodes; system monitor; DeusexmachinaII; Vera Concierge

Offline lvandeusenii

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #197 on: January 23, 2018, 05:31:36 pm »
@inzax thanks for the follow up reply. correct i figured that out along time.  i had created scenes for disarm and arm.  i actually used the instant alarm action 8+arm code to be able to do this without a countdown. 

my issue is more around imperhome.  i wanted to be able to have imperihome prompt for pin code when i ran the scene from imperhome.  Thinking security wise i didn't want someone who was in the house to be able to walk in find the keypad and be able to use my imperihome table to disarm the alarm. 

The only solution i understand is to put a control lock code on imperihome when it runs.  the issue is that means that everytime someone wants to use the tablet/imperhome they have to enter the code.

so i removed the scene from my imperihome tablet.  now i just use it to as part of the lock key for my kwikset deadbolt. 

Offline Inzax

« Reply #198 on: January 23, 2018, 05:48:19 pm »
You can put security on individual widgets on a imperihome screen.

So, lets say you have your "arm" scene within a particular view screen of imperihome.  Press and hold.  This should bring up an option for "configuration"  Select that option.  Then there is an option to "protect action."  You can enter a code.

This way you can have arm or disarm scenes protected while other scenes or camera views are visible to guests.
VeraSecure; Concord 4 Panel; 6 IP Cameras; Imperiehome; Housemodes; system monitor; DeusexmachinaII; Vera Concierge

Offline lvandeusenii

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #199 on: January 24, 2018, 03:58:20 pm »
@inzax thanks for the tip. i am going to try that. 

Offline lvandeusenii

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #200 on: January 25, 2018, 09:09:49 am »
i can confirm that per widget security pin does exist.  this is great.  thanks @inzax for the suggestion.  i just purchased two new kindle fire hd10 and now i can enable the alarm disarm from the tablet.

Offline lhonig

« Reply #201 on: April 02, 2018, 11:19:09 am »
I installed the GE Concord 4 Alarm Panel Plugin with my new Interlogix SuperBus 2000 Automation module on my VeraLite according to instructions posted and all of my Zone devices appeared and everything seems to work perfectly except I am also getting the same "Concord Alarm Panel" device error "can't detect device" and have tried many of the suggestions listed but cannot get it to clear. "id_parent" under Advanced is set to "0".

It seems to be working fine as I can see the "Clear" button under control all of my Zones listed under "Concord Alarm Panel" device. I can also control the arming/disarming by using the second device called "Concord Partition #1".

Questions:
1) Is id_parent set correctly?
2) What is causing the "can't detect device" error?
3) What does the "Concord Alarm Panel" "Clear" button supposed to do?

I appreciate any suggestions as I am unsure if the error message is affecting any functionality.

TY

Offline peterxbmc

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #202 on: April 05, 2018, 07:50:26 pm »
I installed the GE Concord 4 Alarm Panel Plugin with my new Interlogix SuperBus 2000 Automation module on my VeraLite according to instructions posted and all of my Zone devices appeared and everything seems to work perfectly except I am also getting the same "Concord Alarm Panel" device error "can't detect device" and have tried many of the suggestions listed but cannot get it to clear. "id_parent" under Advanced is set to "0".

It seems to be working fine as I can see the "Clear" button under control all of my Zones listed under "Concord Alarm Panel" device. I can also control the arming/disarming by using the second device called "Concord Partition #1".

Questions:
1) Is id_parent set correctly?
2) What is causing the "can't detect device" error?
3) What does the "Concord Alarm Panel" "Clear" button supposed to do?

I appreciate any suggestions as I am unsure if the error message is affecting any functionality.

TY

Having exactly the same problem. Did exactly what you did. Tried all the previous suggestions. Running on the latest firmware too. There's no further development on this plugin as far as I know so it's going to be a trial and error here.Running on the VeraEdge. It was working about a year ago for me. I'll have a further look at the problem when I get more time

Offline Inzax

« Reply #203 on: April 05, 2018, 09:34:08 pm »
My id_parent is set to 0
Not sure about question 2.
I believe the clear button is supposed to clear any "status" reports.  I never use it.  I use scenes to disarm remotely or arm remotely when needed.  On the occasional false alarm I disarm with a scene and have never tried the "clear" button.

Vera tech support has jumped in and fixed a few things with the plugin in the past.  It might be worth a try.

Offline peterxbmc

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #204 on: April 06, 2018, 06:51:44 am »
My id_parent is set to 0
Not sure about question 2.
I believe the clear button is supposed to clear any "status" reports.  I never use it.  I use scenes to disarm remotely or arm remotely when needed.  On the occasional false alarm I disarm with a scene and have never tried the "clear" button.

Vera tech support has jumped in and fixed a few things with the plugin in the past.  It might be worth a try.

In Apps-Develop-Serial Port Configuration-Used by Device could you tell us from the drop down box what options are available. Also are you using the the FTDI or the PL2303 serial2usb cable/driver
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 06:55:31 am by peterxbmc »

Offline Inzax

« Reply #205 on: April 06, 2018, 11:44:40 am »
@peterxbmc

Used by device is my only drop down box and that is being used by "concord 4 Panel Alarm Panel"

I am using the FTDI cable. 

Offline peterxbmc

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #206 on: April 06, 2018, 01:52:25 pm »
@peterxbmc

Used by device is my only drop down box and that is being used by "concord 4 Panel Alarm Panel"

I am using the FTDI cable.

In Used by Device do you not have a list of possible devices to use like ZWave, Serial Port,Concord Alarm Panel to choose from. I'm using the Prolific serial2Usb cable pl2303

Offline Inzax

« Reply #207 on: April 06, 2018, 02:59:00 pm »
@peterxbmc

Yes.  I have a very long list consisting of every device on my system.  Also included are a few apps.  I have selected "concord 4 panel alarm panel"

Offline peterxbmc

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #208 on: April 06, 2018, 04:01:38 pm »
@peterxbmc

Yes.  I have a very long list consisting of every device on my system.  Also included are a few apps.  I have selected "concord 4 panel alarm panel"

@Inzax

That was obviously the name you gave it when you created the device.

I have Partition 1# which contains all the sensors on my Concord 4 Alarm panel and the section that allows me to arm/disarm the panel etc. It's just my Concord Alarm Panel section is reporting "can't detect". I wonder if one of the Luup files is not working properly with the App.

I've tried creating/deleting the device a number of time. I've cycled the power on the Concord 4 panel and VeraEdge too. Otherwise everything else is working fine.

Are you using the latest u17 firmware. It's odd both myself lhonig are having the same problem

Offline peterxbmc

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #209 on: April 06, 2018, 06:07:28 pm »
@Inzax

Could you possibly do a screen capture of your Serial Port configuration with the drop down choices showing under Used by Device section and post it here. I need to see what devices relate to the serial ports available.

Thanks