Author Topic: GE Concord 4 Alarm Panel Plugin  (Read 58016 times)

Offline Inzax

Re: GE Concord 4 Alarm Panel Plugin
« Reply #210 on: April 07, 2018, 07:57:57 am »
Here you go...like I said, all my devices are listed.  Many of these devices are connected to my concord4 panel as security devices that were installed with the concord4 panel.  Others are zwave devices.  You will also see a few apps.

Proud Member of the Epic Smite Thread.
VeraSecure; Concord 4 Panel; 6 IP Cameras; Imperiehome; Housemodes; system monitor; DeusexmachinaII; Vera Concierge

Offline peterxbmc

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #211 on: April 07, 2018, 11:07:36 am »
Here you go...like I said, all my devices are listed.  Many of these devices are connected to my concord4 panel as security devices that were installed with the concord4 panel.  Others are zwave devices.  You will also see a few apps.

Thanks for taking the time to post those screen caps. They are very helpful.

The first thing thing I notice is you have two different SerialPort_List numbers. I only have one listed. As the VeraEdge has only one USB port do you have a USB hub connected to your controller and have any other serial2usb devices attached.

Also my serial port number is different to yours. I wonder is this down to the fact that you are using an FTDI cable rather than a PL2303 cable.

I'll investigate this further and report back  :)

Offline Inzax

« Reply #212 on: April 07, 2018, 11:58:00 am »
@peterxbmc

When I moved from my vera edge to vera secure TWO serial port devices were created after restoring my edge backup to my new secure.  BOTH devices thought they were the concord panel.  How did this happen?  Guessing that my old serial port moved over from the vera edge to the vera secure while the vera secure created a totally new serial port device for the alarm panel.  I could not delete the old one so tech support hid it from view....but yes...it is still there. 

No idea on the serial port number.

edit: no usb hub is being used.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 12:01:02 pm by Inzax »
VeraSecure; Concord 4 Panel; 6 IP Cameras; Imperiehome; Housemodes; system monitor; DeusexmachinaII; Vera Concierge

Offline peterxbmc

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #213 on: April 07, 2018, 01:21:20 pm »
I'm assuming the first serial port on the list is the one you setup on the VeraPlus for use with the Concord Panel. I'm thinking I'll have to SSH into the VeraEdge and try to reconfigure the serial2usb driver before I reinstall the Concord App. Should be fun trying to troubleshoot this one.

It's like the Control Panel and Partition #1 are being seen as two different devices trying to grab the same serial port.

Pity the App developer is not still about to lend a hand.

Thanks again for your input. Much appreciated :)

Offline Inzax

« Reply #214 on: April 08, 2018, 08:17:43 am »
You can get help with vera.  I believe the app developer was a vera employee.  There is still some love from vera for this app.  You will need to do the email request for support.  It is as if the email request gets routed to that one special person in vera who knows about the concord app.   Phone support gets you the "we don't support that app" line.

Offline peterxbmc

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #215 on: April 08, 2018, 09:42:19 am »
@Inzax

I won't hold out much hope on the support side for this problem but I can certainly give it a try.

Just one last hope and once again begging a piece of your time if you get a chance. On the Control Panel section and the Partition #1 section on the Advanced option there are tabs called Params and Variables. Could you possibly do screen caps of these and post them back here. This really is the last shot before I dig deep into the VeraEdge itself.

Once again thanks for all this input. I'd love to know if I'm close to solving the problem and as another user is experiencing the same difficulty maybe a solution could benefit others.

Offline Inzax

« Reply #216 on: April 08, 2018, 12:26:31 pm »
Here you go...

Offline peterxbmc

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #217 on: April 09, 2018, 04:33:36 am »
@Inzax

Thank you so much.

Do you have screen caps for the Control Panel Params and Variables as well. The ones you attached are just for Partition #1.

Offline Inzax

« Reply #218 on: April 09, 2018, 08:16:55 am »
sorry...missed that in original request.

Offline peterxbmc

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #219 on: April 09, 2018, 07:27:37 pm »
@Inzax

I compared all your settings against mine and there's very little difference between the two. It looks like this problem is not going to be easily resolved. As you can see from the screen cap the Control Panel is still reporting Device Not Detected.

When I select Control in the Control Panel the section is blank with the exception of the Clear button. Is that what your screen looks like.

Otherwise I do not seem to be loosing any functionality of the App

Offline Inzax

« Reply #220 on: April 10, 2018, 08:03:23 am »
Yes.  That is all I have in my control tab...one "clear" button.

I think this might be the cable. 

I will say that I also went through a couple of automation modules that seemed to be refurbished and did not function correctly.   The system would work, then it wouldn't, then it would reset.  Unpredictable performance. 

Offline peterxbmc

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #221 on: April 10, 2018, 09:15:05 am »
I can confirm the automation module is working perfectly on the Concord 4 plugin with Homeseer so I've ruled that possibility out. PL2303 and FTDI are stated to work with the App so is there much point purchasing an FTDI cable.

I appear to have full functionality of the Concord App on the VeraEdge as Scenes and Events fired as a result of sensors being triggered from the App work as expected.

My only suspicion as this stage is if the Control section in the App is reporting Device Not Detected it could be down to the actually naming of the device it is looking for. I'm looking through the JavaScript code and the JSON code to see if there are any irregularities in device naming. I'll also have a look at the XML files and see what they are like too.

If I'm thinking this through correctly, the top down order of devices should be the Control section followed by the Partion #1 section, so the Control section is the parent and Partition #1 is the child. The child(Partition #1) is grabbing the serial port so the parent(Control Panel) cannot detect, or open it in this case.

Development in JavaScript and JSON has moved on quite a bit since the design of this App and very little development or code change appears to have happened in the last six years. Who knows what effect it would have on the VerEdge each time there's an upgrade. Of course you have a VeraPlus which again may make a difference on how this App is handled in Vera.

Offline peterxbmc

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #222 on: April 14, 2018, 07:48:55 pm »
Appears that changing the Can't Detect Device flag to 0 resolves the problem. Thanks to Product Support that problem is now resolved.

Thanks again to Inzax for all your help. With all that installing and deleting the device I can now do that with my eyes closed :)

Just to confirm that the PL2303 serial to USB cable worked in my case. What I have learnt here is that there are quite a few counterfeit PL2303 and FTDI serial to USB cables for sale out there that can cause your Concord 4 Automation Module to malfunction with dire consequences. Be careful where you purchase your cable and ensure they have genuine chipsets in them.

Offline sivaprasath

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #223 on: August 27, 2018, 05:39:49 pm »
Appears that changing the Can't Detect Device flag to 0 resolves the problem. Thanks to Product Support that problem is now resolved.

Thanks again to Inzax for all your help. With all that installing and deleting the device I can now do that with my eyes closed :)

Just to confirm that the PL2303 serial to USB cable worked in my case. What I have learnt here is that there are quite a few counterfeit PL2303 and FTDI serial to USB cables for sale out there that can cause your Concord 4 Automation Module to malfunction with dire consequences. Be careful where you purchase your cable and ensure they have genuine chipsets in them.

Hi Peterxbmc,
When you say, "changing Can't Detect Device flag to 0", are you referring to editing the value for "CommFailure" under Advanced->Variables tab?  Can you please clarify as I am planning to reset my unit to factory defaults and reinstall the Concord 4 Plugin again.  Thanks.

Regards
Siva