Author Topic: GE Concord 4 Alarm Panel Plugin  (Read 39351 times)

Offline aboyz

Re: GE Concord 4 Alarm Panel Plugin
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2013, 11:26:56 pm »
Hey mcvflorin,

After of days messing with this plugin I was able to get it working. Turned out that serial to usb cable is not compatible. I was using the chipset PL and now I brought a FTI chipset everything is working.

I'm using the Vera web UI and did some testing but the arm (instant) doesn't do what it suppose to do. It arm the system but it doesn't arm it as no delay. Because of the stupid safe feature concord 4 have on the system. If you arm the device as away, You will need open the door sensor acting as you were leaving the house. If not it will go back to arm as STAY to prevent sleep walking at night.

I usually can bypass this by pressing
3 + CODE + 4

3 will arm the system as away
4 will set it to NO DELAY and arm the system.

Is there a way to edit the setting on the "ARM (instant)" so we can put in the extra code in there?

Thank you for the wonderful plugin!!  :D :D :D

Offline aboyz

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2013, 06:03:33 pm »
anyone using this have this issues? or is it just me? I cannot arm AWAY as concord have a safetly security where you have to open the door to trip the sensor before it can arm away. If not it will revert back to arm STAY.

Wonder how anyone know how to ARM AWAY remotely without tripping the door sensor?

Offline aboyz

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2013, 12:16:37 pm »
Anyone know of a work around to arm away? I mean is there a way to send llua code like 3+code+4.?

There must be a way to do this. I'm really stuck on this and I need this because I want to setup a schedule to arm away at 12am midnight and to disarm at 7am morning. I cannot get it to arm away. Please advise if anyone got any work around.

thank you all..

Offline bobbyq

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2013, 11:54:41 pm »
Hi Guys,

New here and I have been a HS2 guy for a year now, but it has been very buggy for me and I only have 10 switches and I control my GE concord 4 with it.  This was the main reason for going with HS2 as the 3rd party plug in gave me access to view all zones in real time and I could setup events based on all zones. I could also set alarm to stay, away and had some access to add users and change codes. 

That begin said HS3 does not seem promising, so I was going to go with my number 2 choice Mi Casa V; which now seems to be rebranded and much more robust. 

Any thoughts?  My main use is for lighting control and disarming and arming my alarm remotely when I forget to arm it after we are on our away to the beach or camping.  I am using the superbus 2000 automation until serial to USB adapter. PLI

Thanks in advance.
BobbyQ

Offline TheAlfredo

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2013, 11:00:01 am »
Has this plugin been released?   I'm new and font see it in the marketplace.

Offline roypdx

« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2013, 07:40:01 pm »
Has this plugin been released?   I'm new and font see it in the marketplace.

Go back to page 2, there is a file from the author with the most recent version. You can load that manually on your apps page.

Offline roypdx

« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2013, 07:42:41 pm »
Hi Guys:

Just got my Veralite a few weeks ago. Been doing automation via other means for awhile. I have a Concord 4, how stable is this plugin? Known issues? Being that it isn't on the marketplace I'm assuming it has issues?

From what I read in the thread, it seems you can't do arm to away via Vera?

Offline indub

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2013, 10:46:20 pm »
I cannot seem to find the plugin in the mios app marketplace. Anyone know the name of the app? Is it concord 4 plugin? or how do you install this? please advise.. thanks again for this awesome plugin!!!

I firgured out how to get this going.

UI4

Download this package and extract the files.
Go MiOS developers >> Luup files and upload the extracted files. Do not check Restart Luup after upload (bottom of the page); if it's checked, uncheck it.
Go to Create device and:
in the Description field enter the name of the device;
in the UpnpDevFilename field enter D_Concord.xml;
click Create device.
Restart the Luup engine (curved arrows in the top right of the UI).
After the Luup engine has restarted refresh the UI (best use <CTRL + F5> to do so).
Open the control panel of the newly created device, the Settings tab, and from the Send using drop-down select the serial adapter.
Save.

I installed it and see the Concord. But when I go to zone I do not see my zone? anyone know why? I select the serial under setting.

Also how come there are no concord partition 1 created? Do I have to create a device
and put add in D_ConcordPartition.xml for the upnpdevfilename:
do I have to put a upnpintfilename: like I-Concord.xml?

I added the D_ConcordParitition.xml. and created the device and see it in the control panel I tried to activate alarm it say not integrated or something.

Anyone know how to do this? or any help will be good thanks!!

I'm still stuck at the point aboyz mentions above.  I've tried two different DB9 (USB-rs232) cables so far, one PL and one FTDI.  MiOS detects both of those RS232 adapters, so I'm not sure if I'm configuring the devices in MiOS incorrectly or if I should just keep trying other adapters?

When creating the Concord Panel device, do I need to set the Implementation file as I_Concord.xml AND the Device file name D_Concord.xml?  Or only the Device file name, D_Concord.xml?
What do I say is the parent device? 
So far I tried the following as parent devices:
1.  Vera (which won't create the Concord Panel device)
2.  fdti_sio (which creates the Concord Panel device but says "device not ready")
3.  no parent device (which creates the Concord Panel device but says "cannot find partition #")

Same questions for setting up the Partition as a device.  So far I've only tried setting the parent device for the Partition as the Concord Panel device created above (which brings back either "device not ready" or "cannot find partition #")

I've quadruple verified that the concord 4, superbus 2000 and system programming are configured correctly so I'm to the point where I think the problem is either how I'm creating the Concord devices in MiOS or the DB9 cables. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

Offline unclfuzzy

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2014, 09:57:13 am »
I'm an amateur wth this stuff and have just started playing with the Vera. Not clear where others have ended up with this plugin.  I installed it and it created all the zone and sensor devices automatically no problem. The sensors instantly update status (when a door opens, etc.). But I get the "Failed to get partition number. Cannot arm partition." message when I try to arm it by clicking the buttons in the "Concord Partition #1" device.  When I click on the Zones tab in the "Bouncer" device it just spins forever at Opening ShowZones.  Based on previous messages maybe I need a different serial to USB adapter?  But since status works fine that seems unlikely to me.  Not sure what to try next. 

Thanks

Offline alienz

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2014, 01:01:34 am »
Can someone who has gotten this to work please help me?

I have tried every different way to get this working for over 3 hours and I am getting frustrated.

Here is what I did:

Download this package and extract the files.
Go MiOS developers >> Luup files and upload the extracted files. Do not check Restart Luup after upload (bottom of the page); if it's checked, uncheck it.
Go to Create device and:
in the Description field enter the name of the device;
in the UpnpDevFilename field enter D_Concord.xml;
click Create device.
Restart the Luup engine (curved arrows in the top right of the UI).
After the Luup engine has restarted refresh the UI (best use <CTRL + F5> to do so).
Open the control panel of the newly created device, In advanced set controlled via ftdi_sio
Click save
edit device, Settings tab, click I/O. Select ftdi_sio
Save.

Best I can do is get delivery failed.

now what?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 03:15:54 am by alienz »

Offline indub

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2014, 04:22:07 pm »
now what?

Unfortunately I'm at the same point, kind of.  Do your zones show up in the Concord device you create?  I had to create another device to show the partition but none of my zones appear.  Some people have mentioned that the fix that worked for them was using a different serial adapter, but I've tried 3 different ones now (one Prolific chipset and two FTDI chipset) without luck.

I have tech support enabled on my Vera now so they can look into the issue.  Based on my log files, they think there may be a different protocol used on my superbus 2000, in which case the plugin will not work unless the plugin is updated.  I'm waiting to hear back more information on that, but I don't think much time will be spent on the issue. 

My concord/superbus 2000 were originally connected to ADT.  I disconnected their GSM and removed their phone #s from the system but kept everything else the same prior to connecting to the Vera.  The only other thing I can think of is that maybe ADT configured the concord with some other protocol.  I haven't had a chance yet but maybe a reset of the concord to factory default will fix the issue and the current plugin will then work.  It's just tedious to add all the zones back in, so I'm hoping to hear back from tech support again before I go through that.

Let me know if you have any luck.

Thanks

Offline alienz

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2014, 05:14:46 pm »
I just bought everything brand new so I am sure its not ADT.

I also have a ticket in and they are speaking with their developer (mcvflorin I assume) trying to see why the UI5 version is not on the app store.

They've been working on it for a few hours now.

Offline Reylas

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2014, 01:04:43 pm »
I just went through quite a bit trying to get my Concord and vera to play well together.   I was having the same issue as you were and have finally got mine stable.

I could get it to work a time or two, but then I would get the dreaded partition error.  What finally fixed it for me was this.   When I bought my usb to serial cable both the cable and the superbus had the little copper standoffs on each end.   Those were both female (not the serial connector, but the thumbscews).  I used an adapter to connect both ends but it turns out my connector would allow it to work one time, then go belly up.

I ended up going to mono-price and purchasing two different serial cables ( an extender and a null modem cable).   when I used the null modem cable, I have been rock steady since.

Also, make sure that you follow the serial connection settings listed to a tee.  One of the settings is kinda non-standard or at least to me, so that could get you as well.

When I get home, I will confim what monoprice cable it was.  That way you can confirm you have the same type.

I just bought everything brand new so I am sure its not ADT.

I also have a ticket in and they are speaking with their developer (mcvflorin I assume) trying to see why the UI5 version is not on the app store.

They've been working on it for a few hours now.

Offline alienz

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2014, 01:12:15 pm »
Are you talking about the screws? Yes my adapter and cable both have screws. I actually went and bought a 25' serial extension so I could get it from the alarm to where the vera is.

I will try getting a null modem cable to put between the serial cable and usb adapter tonight.

Hope to hear from you tonight.

Thanks!

On a side note, I haven't heard anything from Vera yet... surprised.

Offline Reylas

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2014, 08:17:19 pm »

Ok, I was backward.   It was this cable:  Id: 442   6ft DB 9 M/F Molded Cable

The null modem cable I had would not work.   Sorry that I got it backward.

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=102&cp_id=10212&cs_id=1021201&p_id=442&seq=1&format=2

That and again, pay attention to the port settings on the vera, one seemed non-standard to me.

Are you talking about the screws? Yes my adapter and cable both have screws. I actually went and bought a 25' serial extension so I could get it from the alarm to where the vera is.

I will try getting a null modem cable to put between the serial cable and usb adapter tonight.

Hope to hear from you tonight.

Thanks!

On a side note, I haven't heard anything from Vera yet... surprised.