We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Best Settings for Multiple Tablets  (Read 2433 times)

Offline JamesM

Best Settings for Multiple Tablets
« on: September 27, 2012, 10:00:09 pm »
garrettwp - I have multiple ICS Touchpads running your awesome software through out the house and I've always noticed if I used one tablet to turn on a light, the other tablets don't refresh to show the change, unless I press the manual refresh/poll button.

Is there a recommended setting I should have all of them set to to stay (more) in sync?

Ps. The tablets are always docked so power and cell service is not required.
(not sure this could make a difference but never hurts to add)
Vera2- UI4 1.1.1350 / 3.20 | SQ Blaster | 5 ICS Android Tablets - AutHomation | 28x GE 45606 switches  | 2x LFM-20 (Fireplace;Garage Door) | 1x hardwired Everspring SM103-1 |3 NorthQ, 1 Foscam IP cameras | Kwikset Locks | ..Not enough time to program  :'(

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: Re: Best Settings for Multiple Tablets
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 12:53:59 pm »
garrettwp - I have multiple ICS Touchpads running your awesome software through out the house and I've always noticed if I used one tablet to turn on a light, the other tablets don't refresh to show the change, unless I press the manual refresh/poll button.

Is there a recommended setting I should have all of them set to to stay (more) in sync?

Ps. The tablets are always docked so power and cell service is not required.
(not sure this could make a difference but never hurts to add)

JamesM,

Make sure under settings that you have auto refresh turned on. The default poll time is 30 seconds. You can also enable background polling as well when the app is not running in the foreground.

- Garrett

- Garrett

Offline JamesM

Re: Best Settings for Multiple Tablets
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 01:07:30 pm »
Hmm.. I have those checked and polling on default times.

I can make a quick youtube video this weekend if you would like.
Vera2- UI4 1.1.1350 / 3.20 | SQ Blaster | 5 ICS Android Tablets - AutHomation | 28x GE 45606 switches  | 2x LFM-20 (Fireplace;Garage Door) | 1x hardwired Everspring SM103-1 |3 NorthQ, 1 Foscam IP cameras | Kwikset Locks | ..Not enough time to program  :'(

Offline rajhouse

• Sr. Newbie
Re: Re: Best Settings for Multiple Tablets
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 01:27:26 pm »
The default poll time is 30 seconds. You can also enable background polling as well when the app is not running in the foreground.

When the app polls it gets the latest status ONLY from Vera, correct? Or does it ask Vera to poll each device and get the latest update for each device? The reason I'm asking because I was worried about the battery life on the device such as locks and sensors. For that reason I poll manually from your awesome app. If polling has no impact on battery life, I will turn on the background polling.

Thanks

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 02:03:27 pm »
The refresh from the app just asks Vera for the changes from the last refresh. It does not have Vera poll each individual device. Battery life should not be affected. I have not experienced any battery issues with auto refresh and background refresh enabled.

- Garrett

Offline rajhouse

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 02:22:03 pm »
Super, and thanks for confirming.