We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: How to check if WiFi works?  (Read 373 times)

Offline timbogo

How to check if WiFi works?
« on: January 30, 2019, 05:36:03 am »
Hi everyone,

I have Vera plus controller and some device that uses Vera's WiFi router for internet access. Till yesterday everything worked fine but now that device does not have internet access. I'm away from home and can not investigate the situation properly. I know from the neighbour that device works and shows signal "No internet connection".
Question: is it possible to check if Vera's WiFi status remotely? Does it work? What is current SSID and password?
I had a strange problem with Vera recently, so I suspect Vera's WiFi before anything else.
Thank you.

Regards, Tim

Offline Cristina

• Support
Re: How to check if WiFi works?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 03:43:48 am »
Hello,

We have double check your account in our database and as far as we can see your Vera Plus controller, reported to our servers on January 30 . You are not able to check to see if the wifi settings on the controllers are up or down, remotely. Somebody must be there to double check to see if all the lights on the controller are ON.

If you didn't made any changes under Settings>Net and WiFi, the current SSID should be mios_serial number of the controller. The WiFi password can be found under the Advanced option, which showing up when you connect to home.getvera.com and you see the list of systems which are assigned to your account.

We will also strongly recommend you to send us an email to support@getvera.com so we can further investigate.

Thank you and Have a nice day

Offline timbogo

Re: How to check if WiFi works?
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 12:01:55 am »
Flying 2000 km there and back gave me the answer to the question of WiFi.
Vera controller maintains two WiFi networks - 2.4 and 5 GHz. My device was an "old style" with 2.4 Ghz. For some reasons Vera lost 2.4 GHz network. When I arrived, WiFi light was on but there was only 5 Ghz SSID broadcasted. Reboot did not help - I tried that before. I did hard restart and both networks appeared.
I added TP-Link access point and connected all other devices to TP-Link network. Vera Plus looks to be quite unreliable. This is not what I want from smart home system.

Regards, Tim