Author Topic: ui7 and leviton scene controllers  (Read 245 times)

Offline jimim

ui7 and leviton scene controllers
« on: February 09, 2019, 03:15:49 pm »
i have held out for years with ui5 but i am adding a new unit and it will be ui7.  my biggest fear of running ui7 is cause of the leviton scene controllers.  the ones i have in my home are from 3-4 years ago. the others have to be 8 plus years old.  they both function so diff on the vera.  any input on experience with scenes controlled from the scene controllers.  you have to use the advanced setting for each scene and have a delay for those scenes to work on the new scene controllers.  i just don't want to screw myself.

Online rigpapa

• Beta Testers
Re: ui7 and leviton scene controllers
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 11:22:38 am »
i have held out for years with ui5 but i am adding a new unit and it will be ui7.  my biggest fear of running ui7 is cause of the leviton scene controllers.  the ones i have in my home are from 3-4 years ago. the others have to be 8 plus years old.  they both function so diff on the vera.  any input on experience with scenes controlled from the scene controllers.  you have to use the advanced setting for each scene and have a delay for those scenes to work on the new scene controllers.  i just don't want to screw myself.

I've written a plugin to deal with my Leviton scene controllers (and others), which adds features and I think works a good bit better than Vera's basic implementation. Because it's limited in scope, I haven't put it into the Vera App Marketplace, but it is easily installed directly to your Vera. There are a handful of other users using it as well.
Author of Reactor, DelayLight, SiteSensor, Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, Intesis WMP Gateway, Auto Virtual Thermostat and VirtualSensor plugins. Vera Plus w/100+ Z-wave devices. Vera3, Lite. Hassio, Slapdash.

Offline jimim

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 06:30:34 pm »
hello.  very cool.  so u program the scenes to eat scene controller and it sends those commands when u hit the physical button on the scene controller?  i don't eve need dimming.  i just want reliable single button pushes on any of the 4 buttons.  i don't even need both sides to work.  i can do an all off for the 4th button and use the other 3 for scenes.  i'm not picky.  would u be willing to share it once I get to that point after i install my new unit and get that up and going.

thanks!
jim

Online rigpapa

• Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 07:14:01 pm »
hello.  very cool.  so u program the scenes to eat scene controller and it sends those commands when u hit the physical button on the scene controller?  i don't eve need dimming.  i just want reliable single button pushes on any of the 4 buttons.  i don't even need both sides to work.  i can do an all off for the 4th button and use the other 3 for scenes.  i'm not picky.  would u be willing to share it once I get to that point after i install my new unit and get that up and going.

thanks!
jim

Correct. On the Leviton controllers with 4 rockers, you actually get 8 actions--you can set different actions for the left and right presses. Each side is treated as its own button. Any button can do the simple thing of just running a scene when pressed, or you can set it to toggle between two scenes. There's also a "recover" action that just undoes whatever the last scene did (as much as it can figure out), and it tracks back 8 actions deep currently (i.e. you can "undo" the last 8 button presses). And there are actions to just change virtual switches (on, off, or toggle), which you can then use to trigger other activities. It also controls the LEDs, and lets you choose what color the LED should be based on the current state/scene state. I'd be happy to send you the code when you're ready. Just chime in and let me know.
Author of Reactor, DelayLight, SiteSensor, Rachio, Deus Ex Machina II, Intesis WMP Gateway, Auto Virtual Thermostat and VirtualSensor plugins. Vera Plus w/100+ Z-wave devices. Vera3, Lite. Hassio, Slapdash.

Offline jimim

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 11:09:09 am »
thats a lot.  i'll PM you when i get my new unit.  I'm going to order all my new switches in a week.  i just have to wait to get a few warmer days to get everything installed where they r going outside (in a pool house).  then i can start messing around with ui7.  does ur plugin also work in ui5 by any chance and i can try it in there?

Online rigpapa

• Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2019, 11:24:51 am »
thats a lot.  i'll PM you when i get my new unit.  I'm going to order all my new switches in a week.  i just have to wait to get a few warmer days to get everything installed where they r going outside (in a pool house).  then i can start messing around with ui7.  does ur plugin also work in ui5 by any chance and i can try it in there?

Unfortunately, no, UI7 only at the moment, and I plan to keep up with whatever new UIs Vera/eZLO produces in future.

Offline rstrouse

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2019, 12:24:42 pm »
Just to clarify.  Is this for the Leviton Zone controller, the Scene controller, or both?
1xVera3 1.7.619, 4xLinear WT00Z, 3xLinear WS15Z, 1xLeviton VRCZ4, 10xCooper RF9540, 1xLeviton VRFI10, 1xLeviton VP00R, 2xLinear GD00Z-4, 1xGE/Jasco 45612, 1xGE/Jasco 45610,  4xGE/Jasco 45605, 2xYale YRD220-ZW-619, 1xCaddx NX584, Autelis Intellitouch Pool Control, OpenSprinkler

Online rigpapa

• Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2019, 03:18:53 pm »
Just to clarify.  Is this for the Leviton Zone controller, the Scene controller, or both?

They're handled as equals.