We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: leviton dimmers PROBLEM  (Read 1279 times)

Offline afbcon06

leviton dimmers PROBLEM
« on: October 02, 2012, 05:43:48 pm »
So I bought a vri10-1lx scene capable push on off dimmer and a vrcz1-1lz 1 zone dimming controller. The zone dimming controller is not wired in a 3 way. I was told that I could get the vrcz1 to send the commands to vri10. I can control the vri10-1lx via MCV but it will not let the vrcz1-1lz do anything...or so I think. I tried making a scene...my first attempt...but the vrcz1 comes up with a red circle and line through it saying I cant use it.

Please help if you can. I hope I dont have to buy a handheld programmer and use more money on this. 

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
Re: leviton dimmers PROBLEM
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 11:09:15 pm »
@afbcon06,

Welcome!

Unfortunately, I don't believe the VRCZ1 can be used to its fullest, unless MCV implements special handling for this device. You can use it to toggle the lights on or off, but no dimming. Which is probably not why you got the VRCZ1.

I have a bunch of these (to operate plug-in dimmers from the wall), but program them with the Leviton handheld.

There's a few prior topics on this issue.
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline afbcon06

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 04:35:34 am »
Ok. Well maybe I wont return the MCV yet until I get the handheld programmer. I was just getting so frustrated yesterday because the MCV could see it but then do nothing with it. Since I can control the other dimmer on the same lights it shouldnt be a problem then. I just have to learn how to do scenes and all that stuff now.   

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 07:36:14 am »
To get the VRCZ1 to toggle the dimmer on/off, try what is outlined in this post.

You won't really need the programmer, except for the VRCZ1. What is special about the VRCZ1 is that it can only be associated with a single device. By default Vera associates herself with scene/zone controllers, but for dimming to work the VRCZ1 also needs to be associated with the dimmer. So I think it is fixable and requires some special handling by MCV. There is an assigned bug report on this.
Dezwaved at the moment...