We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Aeotec Key fob - Need some help  (Read 19354 times)

Offline webdesco

Re: Aeotec Key fob - Need some help
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2014, 03:07:53 pm »
FINALLY!!!!
Thanks to mark@Vesternet I've been able to use the Input->Device Properties->LastSceneID option in PLEG to get the remote control to work as an 8 button device with Vera Lite
Attached is a Status Report that shows button 1 and (press and hold button 1) button 5 working
To recap,
press button 1, click RELOAD then go to the device properties->Advanced and write down the LastSceneID
Press button 2, click RELOAD then go to the device properties->Advanced and write down the LastSceneID
repeat for all 8 buttons then use PLEG-.Input->Device Properties-LastSceneID to identify which button has been presses

Note: aparently the button number to LastSceneID correlation could be different for each vera although saying that my list does correspond with the Aeon Labs documentation.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 04:23:04 pm by webdesco »
Vera Edge firmware:1.7.1320 , Everspring SF812-1 Smoke Sensor, Aeotec Keyfob, Secure SRT321 Thermostat, Fibaro FGS211 relay x 4, FGS221 double relay x 10, FGD211 dimmer x 8, Vision ZP3102EU PIR x4, PLEG, PLTS , PLC, VeraAlerts, VirtualSwitch, MultiSwitch

Offline webdesco

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2014, 11:10:42 am »
Hmm,
I spoke too soon!
Using the PLEG Input->Device Properties->LastSceneID only works when there is a change in LastSceneID, if you press the same button a second time (I have button 3 configured to turn the heating on for 3 hours) nothing happens!
Vera Edge firmware:1.7.1320 , Everspring SF812-1 Smoke Sensor, Aeotec Keyfob, Secure SRT321 Thermostat, Fibaro FGS211 relay x 4, FGS221 double relay x 10, FGD211 dimmer x 8, Vision ZP3102EU PIR x4, PLEG, PLTS , PLC, VeraAlerts, VirtualSwitch, MultiSwitch

Offline oTi@

• Community Beta
  • Master Member
  • UI what ?!
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2014, 11:25:13 am »
I think the key is to start the conditions with an underscore, so they re-trigger.

In the screenshot below, I used triggers (the same ones you can use with Vera's native scenes) as the inputs, and started the condition names with an underscore.

A short press of button 1 will toggle device e1.
A long press of button 1 will toggle device e2.
A short press of button 2 will toggle run a (native Vera) scene.
Dezwaved at the moment...

Offline peter.neil.nz

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2014, 04:02:22 pm »
I have a problem with my Aeotec 4 button Key Fob.  I have included it to my Vera okay and configured it to trigger a scene but I press the button on Key Fob and nothing happens.  I am sure I am in 'User Mode' but it looks like my Key Fob is not sending the button presses to my Vera.  It won't be a distance issue because I am 3 metres away from my Vera.  I have excluded and included twice but that doesn't do anything.  Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Offline peter.neil.nz

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2014, 03:51:16 am »
Answering my own question.  Turns out my supplier must have been playing with the remote some time back and the battery wasn't 100%.  Changed the battery and everything sprung to life!

Offline sirpinky

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2014, 02:53:08 pm »
Hi guys, just my 2 cents.

None of this worked for me, I kept getting failed to configure and pressing the scene buttons showed a red light and no scenes were triggered.
I found out what was the issue and how to fix it.
It appears this is the only way I got it to work:
1. when you pair with vera, I had to use the "learn" pin at the back. it would pair fine but won't work - it would say something like "could not go into learn mode".
2. while in setup mode, I had to press button #4 (learn). then vera would start configuring the keyfob
3. once all was done, scenes started to work as described and pressing a scene would show a green light instead of a red one.

FYI - in case this is an issue for someone else.

Let's wrap it up (for later use so not all of you have to translate the French comments).

On the back of the Key Fob are 2 holes. The right hole is the mode button that's mentioned in the manual. If you push it (with a needle or something like that) the led is green for 2 seconds to let you know you've switched from setup mode to use mode or back (you can't tell from the outside which mode it is in). Push it some more longer and the Key Fob will reset itself (led flashes red-green).

The buttons are numbered 1 (upper left), 2 (upper right), 3 (lower left), 4 (lower right)

First add the Key Fob to your Zwave network. Click:
- Devices
- Add devices
- Advanced Zwave devices
- Add one (battery operated hand held remote) (see attachment 1)

Klik on button 3 of the Key Fob. If the Key Fob is in the setup mode the green led will light up and once it's connected to your network it will flash some times.

If you go to devices tab you'll find a new device. Just give it a name (and room) and leave all other options as is (see attachment 2).

Now create a scene for every button on the device. Click:
- Automation
- New scene
Give the scene a name (and room) and select the actions pushing the button has to result in. Now we have to connect the scene with the button. Click:
- Triggers
- Add trigger
- Select the Key Fob as the device
- Select 'A scene is activated'
- Give it a name (like button 1 or something like that)
- The scene number is the number of the button (see attachment 3)
- Conform changes
- Save

That's it!

Offline webdesco

« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2014, 01:18:54 pm »
FYI, I've been playing around with the key fob and the miltos witch app.  With the setting of -1 for each button I now have a remote that his 8 bistable switches

Offline pacificdune

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2014, 11:27:54 pm »
I found that these fobs pair perfectly with an 8 button multiswitch plugin.  Buttons 1 through 4 trigger scenes that toggle switches 1 through 4 when "activated"  long press of buttons 1 through 4 trigger scenes that toggle switches 5 through 8 when "scenes 1-4 are de-activated.

I added a 2 second delay on each scene that turns the switch back off.  This way, my PLEG inputs simply monitor the state of the multiswitch.  The whole system is very easy to test just by pressing the buttons on the fob and watching the multiswitch in the UI.  Once pressing the button causes the correct switch to toggle on then off you know the setup is correct.  Then, these can be used as PLEG inputs.

It would not be too hard to use one of these to enter a specific code to unlock a door or activate a scene acting as a security input keypad and using PLEG state variables.

Quite a cool device with a lot of potential!

PD

Offline phatlewt

« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2014, 11:42:21 pm »
Hi guys, just my 2 cents.

None of this worked for me, I kept getting failed to configure and pressing the scene buttons showed a red light and no scenes were triggered.
I found out what was the issue and how to fix it.
It appears this is the only way I got it to work:
1. when you pair with vera, I had to use the "learn" pin at the back. it would pair fine but won't work - it would say something like "could not go into learn mode".
2. while in setup mode, I had to press button #4 (learn). then vera would start configuring the keyfob
3. once all was done, scenes started to work as described and pressing a scene would show a green light instead of a red one.

FYI - in case this is an issue for someone else.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction - managed to get the green light instead of red.

My Aeotec Key Fob however is strange - it doesn't have the sl_SceneDeactivated variable.

Mapping the buttons:
single press, top left (button 1): lastSceneId=1, sl_SceneActivated=2
single press, top right (button 2): lastSceneId=3, sl_SceneActivated=3
single press, bottom left (button 3): lastSceneId=5, sl_SceneActivated=1
single press, bottom right (button 4): lastSceneId=7, sl_SceneActivated=4
press and hold 2s, top left: lastSceneId=2, sl_SceneActivated=1
press and hold 2s, top right: lastSceneId=4, sl_SceneActivated=3
press and hold 2s, bottom left: lastSceneId=6, sl_SceneActivated=2
press and hold 2s, bottom right: lastSceneId=8, sl_SceneActivated=5

So, for the scene triggers I use 'Scene is activated' with the corresponding scene number, e.g. 2 for single press or 1 for 2s press and hold for the top left button (button 1).

This will give a total of 7 distinct scene triggers, because the top right button always return a sl_SceneActivated value of 3, whether press or press and hold.

So, I added this luup code to distinguish between the press and press/hold:
Code: [Select]
do
local dId = 29 --key fob id
local wallLight = 4 --switch to activate
local scnActivated = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SceneController1", "sl_SceneActivated", dId)
local lastSceneId = luup.variable_get("urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:SceneController1", "LastSceneID", dId)
luup.log("scene activated is " .. scnActivated .. ", last scene id is " .. lastSceneId)
if (tonumber(scnActivated)==3 and tonumber(lastSceneId)==3) then --press top right button, switch on light
luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1", "SetTarget", {newTargetValue="1"}, wallLight)
elseif (tonumber(scnActivated)==3 and tonumber(lastSceneId)==4) then --press and hold top right button 2s, switch off light
luup.call_action("urn:upnp-org:serviceId:SwitchPower1", "SetTarget", {newTargetValue="0"}, wallLight)
end
end

So now a single press would turn on the light. To turn off, press and hold (to 'arm') the button, release, then single press the button again to execute.

Anyone knows of a better way?

Offline MrBoo

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2016, 09:31:49 am »
Pardon for reviving an old thread but I think my issue, and it's solution, could be helpful here.

I just purchased this key fob and I am having issues getting it to work.  My firmware is 1.6.641.  I know it's old and I am getting close to moving to UI7 but I am not there yet.  I am able to join the device to my controller but I get the following error "cannot confirm security scheme. 24"  The Altid varible is set to 24.  The Keyfob is listed in the devices but Vera doesn't respond to any button pushes.  I have added the device with both methods listed above and the #4 button option adds the device with a battery meter while the learn option does not add the device with a battery meter.  I had already worked through how to set up a scene with "Scene Activated" and I have also turned on a notification of Scene Activated on the device (no notifications sent).  How the scenes are numbered could be another issue but I am going through all the button options and have changed the scene\button number to several, then going through all the button options again. 

I've searched through and only found one reference to "cannot confirm security scheme" and didn't find the thread helpful at all.  I know the default answer is probably upgrade, but I am not quite ready yet.  I attempted an upgrade early on and had several show stopper issues.  Is there anything else you can think of that I could try?  Can someone provide additional information on "cannot confirm security scheme"  and is that relevant (and possibly a fix?).

Another thing to note is a single push shows shows red while a 2s push shows green.  The tiny tiny manual shows adding a parameter of 250 with a length of one byte.  This parameter is supposed to be set to 1 for scene mode and 0 for group mode.  I have set this but from the looks of things I do not think this matters with Vera.

Thanks!
Duayne