Author Topic: Upcoming 7.29 Core Firmware Release - Advanced Notice  (Read 9201 times)

Offline poordom

Re: Upcoming 7.29 Core Firmware Release - Advanced Notice
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2019, 11:11:19 am »
Upcoming 7.29 Core Firmware Release - Advanced Notice

We are working on a major release, our first since being acquired by Ezlo Innovation. It contains both systematic improvements, as well as several new device integrations.
We will release the 7.29 Beta version by end of March, and the full release is targeted for early April 2019.

Major Improvements to Expect in the Upcoming 7.29 Release:

Good Morning All,

WOW!, great job with the new upcoming release, I am sure this will help the promotion of the Vera line.

Since the new release is scheduled for the end of March, there is one item that should be included, which I am sure a great number of users would appreciate having, and possibly help to attract new clients.

its the new Fibaro Smart Implant an extremely small device/interface which allows one to add A/D and Digital sensors to ones system, see following link for info ( https://www.fibaro.com/en/products/smart-implant/ ).

Your feedback on this addition would be greatly appreciated.

Have a great day.
Dom

Offline svaleb

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2019, 01:02:26 pm »
Sure, and the Fibaro FGT-001 we have been waiting for since November 2017.
And other..
Looking forward to all of it.

Offline poordom

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2019, 04:52:14 pm »
And other..

That slow uh!.

Maybe with eZlo as the new owner,  this could happen faster??????

Dom

Offline melih

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2019, 11:46:23 pm »
And other..

That slow uh!.

Dom

Integration with other products out there is a priority for us.

Offline vikes0115

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2019, 12:03:40 pm »

Is integration with Google Home (which has supposedly been about to be released any time now for over a  year) and IFTTT (which has been in beta for more than a year) on track to be released soon or is that only going to happen after the all new firmware is released?  Thanks.

Offline poordom

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2019, 02:09:04 pm »
And other..

That slow uh!.

Dom

Thanks Melih for your response.

That being said, do you expect the devices we are asking for inclusion, will be added in the upcoming Firmware revision.

Melih, since you seem to be well connected, let me ask you, with the recent substantial price drop on Vera controllers, which normally means that a new replacement product is in the wings, can you confirm or deny, this possibility.

Thanks

Dom

Offline melih

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2019, 04:29:32 pm »
And other..

That slow uh!.

Dom

Thanks Melih for your response.

That being said, do you expect the devices we are asking for inclusion, will be added in the upcoming Firmware revision.

Melih, since you seem to be well connected, let me ask you, with the recent substantial price drop on Vera controllers, which normally means that a new replacement product is in the wings, can you confirm or deny, this possibility.

Thanks

Dom

We will always have new toys coming off the conveyor belt for you guys to play with :)

Offline Domoworking

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2019, 05:11:50 pm »
And other..

And What about The FGS-213 and 223?

Offline Quixote

« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2019, 10:58:45 pm »

Is integration with Google Home (which has supposedly been about to be released any time now for over a  year) and IFTTT (which has been in beta for more than a year) on track to be released soon or is that only going to happen after the all new firmware is released?  Thanks.

IFTTT sucks anyway in my experience. Plus, relying on a cloud-based system is not reliable. I tried setting up some simple tasks with my phone and the response time was absolutely pathetic, the reliability hit and miss.
My "Karma" has been modified by 2 or 3 douchebags that didn't like that I criticized the plugin that they worship. I'm not actually a bad person. (I guess I'm "Chaotic Neutral").

Offline robie

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2019, 12:54:58 am »
this is only the start guys!

We have now an amazing engineering department who can keep delivering amazing stuff!

Many thanks.  Looking forward to the fixes.  Also, looking forward to new hardware announcements so we can support you back

Offline vikes0115

« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2019, 09:34:47 am »

melih, I take it from the lack of a response that neither of these are coming anytime soon?

Offline dmevis

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2019, 12:30:48 pm »
At the moment we have multiple teams...a team working on stabilizing the old firmware and another writing a brand new firmware. Both teams have as many people as they can take.
The roadmap for the new firmware is not released yet. What is released above is the update to the old firmware.

Regarding the brand new firmware... Will this run on existing hardware?  And what is being done to release new and more robust hardware?

Offline melih

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2019, 01:32:23 pm »
At the moment we have multiple teams...a team working on stabilizing the old firmware and another writing a brand new firmware. Both teams have as many people as they can take.
The roadmap for the new firmware is not released yet. What is released above is the update to the old firmware.

Regarding the brand new firmware... Will this run on existing hardware?  And what is being done to release new and more robust hardware?

Brand New Firmware: 2 step
a)first it will run on brand new hardware
b)once backward compatibility is fully tested, it will be released for older hardware.

New Hardware:
Wait and see! You will be amazed!

Offline dJOS

« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2019, 03:33:48 pm »

b)once backward compatibility is fully tested, it will be released for older hardware.

New Hardware:

Sounds good, it'll be interesting to see the difference between the old and new platforms. Personally I'm ok with spending $200+ USD on a good quality HAC and I look forward to my Vera Plus unleashing it's full potential.

Btw, are you decoupling the supported zwave / Bluetooth / Zigbee Devices from the FW are as has been requested my almost every one? This really needs to be it's own database that can be updated dynamically so new devices are available as soon as they've been validated.
HAC: Vera Plus & Hass.io | Voice Control: Amazon echo's | Z-Wave Devices: Aeotec Smart Switches, Nano Switches / Dimmers & Garage Door Opener | Thermostats: nest's

Offline rotbard

• Sr. Newbie
« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2019, 07:48:33 am »

New Hardware:

Will it be possible to migrate to the new hardware from old vera at step 1?
I guess it will be at step 2..... (?)