We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: SQ Remote HD not controlling fanlinc  (Read 2075 times)

Offline zolakk

SQ Remote HD not controlling fanlinc
« on: October 10, 2012, 06:19:03 pm »
I finally got my fanlinc connected to my Vera3 via Altsteon and I can fully control the fan from the Vera UI but when I add the light and fan controls to my SQ Remote HD the names update to the proper names, and the light dims fine but the fan control is unresponsive. I have been trying to search but nothing seems to come up - so has anyone run across this and know a fix?

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
Re: SQ Remote HD not controlling fanlinc
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 09:40:37 pm »
The fanlinc uses a custom device type which SQ Remote does not know about. Unless Square Connect adds support for the fanlinc, you will not be able to control it from the app.

- Garrett

Offline zolakk

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 10:16:09 am »
That's what I figured, and I had the same issue with the virtual switch plugin which I was able to fix by editing the config by hand. I guess i'll have to attempt it for this issue too then. If I figure it out, i'll post the results here

Offline garrettwp

• Master Member
  • Vera 3, Lite, ISY994
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 10:21:07 am »
I was going to suggest trying that. If it works out for you, please post the results so others can use it. :)

- Garrett

Offline zolakk

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 08:12:14 pm »
I got it half working, if I change the fan speed in UI5 it gets updated in SQ (the correct speed button gets highlighted) but clicking on one of the buttons doesn't appear to send properly. I'm probably missing a small detail, but I have no idea what it could be at the moment. The important part is in the label area to change the "state=" from the default values to 0,1,2,3 for off, low, medium, and high. Also the name="variableName" value="LoadLevelStatus" needs to be changed to value="Speed" and the service to "FanLinc1"

Original code:
Code: [Select]
<label name="LowLabel" isDigits="false" isMultiState="false" isDeviceOnly="false" SQKeyCode="0" z_position="2.000000" title="LOW" size="18.000000" makeItFit="false" numberOfLines="1">
            <datasource name="MCV">
              <datasource_parameter name="deviceNumber" value=""/>
              <datasource_parameter name="variableName" value="LoadLevelStatus"/>
              <datasource_parameter name="serviceName" value="Dimming1"/>
            </datasource>
            <rectangle x="67.000000" y="91.000000" width="65.000000" height="16.000000"/>
            <label_model_state state="57" title="LOW" size="14.000000" alignment="center" color="gray" makeItFit="false" numberOfLines="1" isTarget="false" allowPassThru="false"/>
            <label_model_state state="100" title="LOW" size="14.000000" alignment="center" color="gray" makeItFit="false" numberOfLines="1" isTarget="false" allowPassThru="false"/>
            <label_model_state state="default" title="LOW" size="14.000000" alignment="center" color="gray" makeItFit="false" numberOfLines="1" isTarget="false" allowPassThru="false"/>
            <label_model_state state="0" title="LOW" size="14.000000" alignment="center" color="gray" makeItFit="false" numberOfLines="1" isTarget="false" allowPassThru="false"/>
            <label_model_state state="26" title="LOW" size="14.000000" alignment="center" color="green" makeItFit="false" numberOfLines="1" isTarget="true" provisionalColor="yellow" allowPassThru="false"/>
          </label>

updated to:

<label name="LowLabel" isDigits="false" isMultiState="false" isDeviceOnly="false" SQKeyCode="0" z_position="2.000000" title="LOW" size="18.000000" makeItFit="false" numberOfLines="1">
      <datasource name="MCV" gateway_id="">
        <datasource_parameter name="deviceNumber" value=""/>
        <datasource_parameter name="variableName" value="Speed"/>
        <datasource_parameter name="serviceName" value="FanLinc1"/>
      </datasource>
      <rectangle x="0.000000" y="141.000000" width="65.000000" height="16.000000"/>
      <label_model_state state="2" title="LOW" size="14.000000" alignment="center" color="gray" makeItFit="false" numberOfLines="1" isTarget="false" allowPassThru="false"/>
      <label_model_state state="3" title="LOW" size="14.000000" alignment="center" color="gray" makeItFit="false" numberOfLines="1" isTarget="false" allowPassThru="false"/>
      <label_model_state state="default" title="LOW" size="14.000000" alignment="center" color="gray" makeItFit="false" numberOfLines="1" isTarget="false" allowPassThru="false"/>
      <label_model_state state="0" title="LOW" size="14.000000" alignment="center" color="gray" makeItFit="false" numberOfLines="1" isTarget="false" allowPassThru="false"/>
      <label_model_state state="1" title="LOW" size="14.000000" alignment="center" color="green" makeItFit="false" numberOfLines="1" isTarget="true" provisionalColor="yellow" allowPassThru="false"/>
    </label>

i'm stuck on the button code though, the structure appears to be the same  - command_name seems to be the command to be called, operation seems to be what to set the command parameter to, and variableName appears to be how it reads the status back (for verification?) but no go:

<button name="FanHigh" isDigits="false" isMultiState="false" isDeviceOnly="false" SQKeyCode="0" z_position="0.000000" class_name="SQUIActionButton" title="" normal_background_icon="jpm_btn65x48.png" highlighted_background_icon="jpm_btn65x48Pressed.png" foreground_icon="" show_touch="false">
      <command_mapping device_key="MCV" control_state="N/A" isParameterized="false" command_name="SetFanSpeed" learn_date="0" SQKeyCode="0" support_ph="true" gateway_id="">
        <action_parameter name="deviceNumber" value=""/>
        <action_parameter name="variableName" value="Speed"/>
        <action_parameter name="serviceName" value="FanLinc1"/>
        <action_parameter name="operation" value="3"/>
      </command_mapping>
      <rectangle x="0.000000" y="26.000000" width="65.000000" height="48.000000"/>
    </button>

and for reference, the original code:

<button name="FanHigh" isDigits="false" isMultiState="false" isDeviceOnly="false" SQKeyCode="0" z_position="0.000000" class_name="SQUIActionButton" title="" normal_background_icon="jpm_btn65x48.png" highlighted_background_icon="jpm_btn65x48Pressed.png" foreground_icon="" show_touch="false">
            <command_mapping device_key="MCV" control_state="N/A" isParameterized="false" command_name="SetLoadLevelTarget" learn_date="0" SQKeyCode="0" support_ph="true">
              <action_parameter name="deviceNumber" value=""/>
              <action_parameter name="variableName" value="LoadLevelStatus"/>
              <action_parameter name="serviceName" value="Dimming1"/>
              <action_parameter name="operation" value="100"/>
            </command_mapping>
            <rectangle x="67.000000" y="26.000000" width="65.000000" height="48.000000"/>
          </button>

i'll look at it more tomorrow, but if anyone has any input that would be great.

Offline zolakk

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 05:50:20 pm »
I decided to approach the problem from a different direction and created four virtual switches and used vera automation to make them act like radio buttons (i.e. clicking on high turns off virtual switches for off, low, and med) and mapping those switches to four buttons in SQ to emulate the fan interface and it works like a charm.