We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Sockets TKB V Everspring, any thoughts ?  (Read 1034 times)

Offline mzpost

Sockets TKB V Everspring, any thoughts ?
« on: May 06, 2013, 06:44:27 am »
I have a question about sock plug in modules.

I've got the Everspring AN145 (UK model) and apart from having to have had quite a few of them replaced they work ok and give reliable performance with Vera and I use them that often I don't really think about them they just get on with what's asked.  I see that Vesternet also have ones branded as TKB, has anyone got any experience of these ?

Is anyone also using the dimmer versions ?  If so what are they like from a noise perspective ?.  Some cheaper dimmers on lights etc make a right old racket when dimming (you can hear it buzzing and whistling) are these good quality and silent or do they make a lot of noise (I ask that question for either the Everspring or TKB).

Offline akbooer

• Beta Testers
  • Master Member
  • "Less is more"
Re: Sockets TKB V Everspring, any thoughts ?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 08:10:16 am »
I have lots of TKBs (see device list below) - both dimmers and switches - and one Everspring dimmer.

Extremely happy with the TKBs which seem, IMHO, better made that the Everspring.  Also, the LED indicator is a cool blue, rather than a rampant red - much nicer.  They report status and have been extremely reliable.

Not had a noise problem with the dimmers - my only gripe is that no dimmer works effectively (apparently) for a low-wattage LED (below about 25W).

My advice would be to buy one of each and try before you go for a bulk purchase!
3x Vera Lite-UI5/Edge-UI7, 25x Fibaro, 23x TKB, 9x MiniMote, 2x NorthQ Power, 2x Netatmo, 1x Foscam FI9831P, 9x Philips Hue,
Razberry, MySensors Arduino, HomeWave, AltUI, AltHue, DataYours, Grafana, openLuup, ZWay, ZeroBrane Studio.