We have moved at community.getvera.com

Author Topic: Best/Cheapest source for switches?  (Read 10381 times)

Offline Dignan17

Re: Best/Cheapest source for switches?
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2012, 01:46:00 pm »
Ooo, any idea how many CA600's they have left? Am I risking missing out if I don't order the rest of the ones I need now?

I ordered two 6-packs (that sounds funny) of the CA600's and I have them all installed, some paired with standard 3-way Leviton switches. The wiring was a tiny bit challenging to figure out, but usually I'd just swap a couple wires and then it would work! :D Heh. Anyway, I'm up and running, and for a fraction of the cost the GE switches would have been. I do notice that the quality of the Intermatics is much lower than the GE's, with the pigtails instead of the terminals (making it tough to stuff all those wire nuts in the back of my boxes), but they're not too bad, and they don't need a neutral connection, so that simplifies things a little. I also LOVE that I can just use standard 3-way switches with these. It might confuse guests that one switch toggles while the other switch is always oriented up-on/down-off, but it's not the end of the world.

Anyway, thanks for cluing me into the Intermatic switches, folks. I really appreciate it.

Offline Mysticle31

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2013, 10:42:36 pm »
Dusting off an old thread here.

How well do you like the switches still?

Are they too loud like people say?  Do you hear them?

I don't care that they are not instant status, but I do want them to respond quickly when polled.  I plan to control them with a PC and not a scene controller.

Offline PurdueGuy

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2013, 11:05:37 pm »
CA600s are dimmers, and are quiet.  The CA3000s are relays and have the clicking on and off.
Vera3, Leviton, Intermatic, SQ Blaster, HomeWave, DSC 1832, Insteon/Altsteon

Offline Intrepid

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 07:38:58 am »
I've had a few CA3000 switches installed for a while.  they mostly work well, but I do have one dead one now that i need to replace.  I've also had these lose their z-wave association (requiring re-adding) after power outages a couple of times.  I'd put them on the low end of my favorites, but for the price they are workable.

Offline macvangelist

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2013, 12:24:46 pm »
I 2nd this! Between my house and my parent's house, I've bought 7 of these 6-packs. Best deal on the internet BY FAR! Plus, the Intermatic switches/dimmers kick butt and are able to be used in 3 and 4 way applications with standard switches on the other locations.

ebay intermatic

they have deals periodically for 6 switches for 99

Offline n0ir

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2013, 04:49:46 am »
Anyone knows a good place to buy 868.42 MHz (European) devices?

Offline alexlui

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2013, 09:07:08 am »
Anyone knows a good place to buy 868.42 MHz (European) devices?

EU devices are always much expensive than in US.

Online store, you can check with www.zwave4u.com
Vera2 (UI5), Vera3 (UI5), Vera Edge, Vera Plus

Offline greenhighlighter

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2013, 12:18:08 pm »
ebay intermatic

they have deals periodically for 6 switches for 99

If you send a message to the seller, they have no problem letting your mix and match any of the 6 for $99 intermatic stuff they have listed . I ended up doing 3 switches and 3 dimmers.

Since this thread has been revived, thought I'd update this.  The seller is no longer willing to mix and match the packs.  I tried calling today to see if I could get a mixed pack.  No go. 

Offline kkl

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2013, 12:21:17 am »
Since this thread has been revived, thought I'd update this.  The seller is no longer willing to mix and match the packs.  I tried calling today to see if I could get a mixed pack.  No go.
I assume that's because they've run out of the CA3000.

Offline greenhighlighter

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2013, 05:21:55 pm »
I assume that's because they've run out of the CA3000.
I tried mixing the dimmers and the receptacles.  Both 6 for $99, but no go.  So, I ordered 6-packs of each :)

Offline Tony G

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2013, 09:09:59 pm »
FYI,

seller "nationwidesurplus" on ebay is selling the Aeon Labs DSC26103-ZWUS (G2 Micro Switch w/o energy) for 29.99 & free shipping.  300 available.  Good deal it seems, albeit without the energy monitoring.  Still a great find.

Thanks!
Vera Lite, Intermatic HA07 (x2), GE 45601, Wayne-Dalton HA18 (10x), Intermatic CA600 (4x), Aeon Labs Micro Illuminator (3x), Everspring SM103 (6x), Intermatic CA9000 (x2), Wayne Dalton WDTC-20 (x2), Kwikset Deadbolt, GE45603, Hawking HRAM1,